**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Life cycle on blade in eq

2»

Comments

• Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    Guys can anyone tell if unawakened AA will work or not? I am thinking to r4 my 4* but i dont have a 4* Gem.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

Guys can anyone tell if unawakened AA will work or not? I am thinking to r4 my 4* but i dont have a 4* Gem.

Unawakened can work, but not as easily: he needs to be Awakened for his neurotoxins to stop all regeneration.

So if he's Unawakened, Blade can still heal from Lifecycle. On the other hand, if you've got neurotoxins on board, hopefully they'll finish him off, even if he does heal a bit.

BTW, I'm happy to sympathise with the people finding this tricky: it is tricky. It's okay for Cav, but considering together the lifecycle nodes, the power steal, the debuff-shrugging... It's a lot to manage in the Uncollected EQ. Easily the hardest boss, this month.
  • MCOC_JCMMCOC_JCM Posts: 169
    I agree that the UC Blade boss is kind of ridiculous! Especially since he is only quest 1 on Chap 2 and all the bosses after him were way easier. After a lot of practice runs and following the advice of spamming heavy followed by sp1, I was finally able to solo that path with Guilly2099. If you don’t want to spend units, just exit and go through again. You will eventually get use to the nodes/required play style and be able to take Blade down. Good luck!
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    Over 100 units! WOW!
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I commented this elsewhere on a similar thread, but:

He can be soloed by anybody. All you have to do is parry/heavy and fire off your special one frequently. I used Colossus because he lends himself well to a parry/heavy playstyle, but again, anybody can do it.

Your specials are unblockable. So just knock him down and fire a special and you’re good to go. If he regens, just do it again.

Be careful not to push him to his sp2. If he does get there, try to attack into his block to force him to regen and burn some of his power meter. It’s a good tactic against tricky Blades.

Finally, don’t rush in to try to punish his sp1. The timing doesn’t work and you will get smacked.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 821 ★★★
    Bring any champ with a powerful unblockable SP1, which I guess isn’t many. Get Blade below 10% and drop a heavy attack. Blast him in the face with your SP1 when he stands up. Hint: HB works for this due to meeting the conditions above.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 821 ★★★
    Corkscrew said:

Got to agree very limited list of counters to this boss...
    I mean how many champs can do a heavy and an sp1?

The problem is if you get blocked on the SP1. Better to have a champ with an unblockable SP1 to be sure.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    Wicket329 said:

mbrace said:

Corkscrew said:

The problem is if you get blocked on the SP1. Better to have a champ with an unblockable SP1 to be sure.

No, the problem is people not reading the nodes. Screenshot is from cavalier difficulty, all special attacks *from both champions* are unblockable. You can use anybody. Their sp1 will be unblockable. Does UC not have this node on it?
    Can confirm that perforate (unblockable specials for both attacker & defender) is on UC too.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    If any 4* character can do it I would love to see someone do it with Kamala Khan...but because you can doesn't mean the average player will be able to (but I'll watch the video I find those entertaining)

Anyways doesn't matter i have skipped 100% uncollected this month and I am using my time to get the thronebreaker title which I should have done months ago anyways. I figure that will more than make up the resources I will lose out on assuming I can complete grandmaster in the next couple of weeks
  • CobraCobra Posts: 126
    I solo him with Iceman. No revives.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    My issue was the lag and/or unresponsive input. I suspect that it may be an issue for others as well. I would parry but he would regain consciousness before I could launch sp1 (or do anything) and I'd eat a hit immediately. That was my main problem. I think the guys saying it's easy aren't experiencing this problem. I could be completely wrong, I wish issues like this , if occurring, weren't so vital to winning or losing a match. I got Blade down with my 5* r3 AA if that helps anyone. I'm not sure if I'll try it again though. I don't know if I figured it out, got lucky, or if it didn't lag once. It seems like people are playing two different games, one where skill is relevant and another where the game functioning or not is the main issue. I wish everyone had the same game experience but it doesn't seem that way. I could be wrong about any or all of this, it's just my opinion from what I'm experiencing, thanks!
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    I solod with 6* cyclops and a 3* wags(which everyone most likely has, or maybe a 2/4*.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    People doing UC cannot Parry, Heavy and use sp1? Well done.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    mbrace said:

Corkscrew said:

The node has perforate, which means both attacker and defender have unblockable specials...
    If people actually bothered reading the node buffs they would understand that this fight is waaaayyy easier than they make it out to be. But they don't. They come here and complain without being bothered to understand the mechanics.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Starhawk said:

If any 4* character can do it I would love to see someone do it with Kamala Khan...but because you can doesn't mean the average player will be able to (but I'll watch the video I find those entertaining)

Anyways doesn't matter i have skipped 100% uncollected this month and I am using my time to get the thronebreaker title which I should have done months ago anyways. I figure that will more than make up the resources I will lose out on assuming I can complete grandmaster in the next couple of weeks

I’d like to know how you plan to drop the Grandmaster if you are having trouble with EQ Blade? I’m calling BS on this
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

mbrace said:

Corkscrew said:

The node has perforate, which means both attacker and defender have unblockable specials...
    If people actually bothered reading the node buffs they would understand that this fight is waaaayyy easier than they make it out to be. But they don't. They come here and complain without being bothered to understand the mechanics.
    I would say that the fight is way easier than Kabam makes it out to be by putting in so many nodes that all kind of lead to the same playstyle anyway. If UC people run into a bunch of nodes they've never played before, I don't blame them one bit for forgetting to notice one line among so many (or just straight-up forgetting one).

Even as a Thronebreaker, I initially got smacked around quite a bit because I thought that the fight was much more complex than it really was. I was trying to keep every node in my head simultaneously, which didn't do me any favors. It was only when I realized that it was a fairly straightforward lifecycle fight buried underneath all of the nodes that I could play it as a fairly straightforward lifecycle fight, and it became quite manageable.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    If you have only freshly become Uncollected, congrats! A big accomplishment! To get to Uncollected, you have to beat the Collector. To beat the Collector, I am assuming you have realized that reading nodes and kits matters. If you aren’t capable of or refuse to read the nodes, then I regret to inform you that you are going to have a bad time in this game.

You should know that the new monthly EQ you’ve unlocked won’t be immediately easy for you, it will still be a challenge. It took me several months before I could complete my first, let alone explore.

Finally, huge chunks of the game are just this: introduction of new nodes, sometimes multiple at a time. That’s Act 6, Act 7, AQ, and AW. Even multiple paths of Act 5 had a lot going on in them. Just take your time, read the nodes, and plan before you start the fight. You’ll figure it out.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    They gave u unblockable specials which makes it really easy...