**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Arena Structure Feedback v2.0

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    OliverJW said:

The update made the arena much better for almost everyone, but I think the basic arena should only be limited to 5*, as we already have the disadvantage of 6* receiving the same amount of points as a 5* and the worst of all is that fight 6* in some impossible fights.

Or Giv a slightly bossy in the 6 star like 8k basice point instead of the 4500 not fun
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Good changes! The Basic Arena milestones are reasonable. I like the 6* scoring because it means champs are earned from a commitment of time or resources. This is the way arenas have traditionally been won.
  • Options
    2StarKing said:

Good changes! The Basic Arena milestones are reasonable. I like the 6* scoring because it means champs are earned from a commitment of time or resources. This is the way arenas have traditionally been won.

But also make the 6 stars basice doesn’t make sens Hav 6 star that Giv far less points is stupid shuld had ben 8k in my eys. I’m hates it just because your roster wasn’t big enough to do it gets it hates I’m get anyoing we complain for everything.
  • Options
    Gamer said:

2StarKing said:

But also make the 6 stars basice doesn’t make sens Hav 6 star that Giv far less points is stupid shuld had ben 8k in my eys. I’m hates it just because your roster wasn’t big enough to do it gets it hates I’m get anyoing we complain for everything.
    It makes sense because if points are your desire, you can make a choice. The basic point system reduces the likelihood of the basic champs contributing 'rich-get-richer" scenario without the rich putting forth effort or resources. The basic arena in my view is to close the gap with the rich if we are will to put the effort forth.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Yes. It encourages people to make a choice. You can run them in the Basic for some extra Points, but you risk waiting for the cool down in the Featured.
  • Options

Yes. It encourages people to make a choice. You can run them in the Basic for some extra Points, but you risk waiting for the cool down in the Featured.

Cooldown impact is minimal. We can hit all milestones in both arenas. The cooldown is the same as it was last week and prior regardless of the arena. Also when going for a champ, most players only use champs in a single arena. The 6* scoring in Basic arena strongly suggest using 6* in one arena. As always waiting for cooldown is more or less an option.
  • Options
    Ash21_akkiAsh21_akki Posts: 6
    33k from 6 stars wow that's new...it used to be around 66-70k
  • Options
    Ash21_akkiAsh21_akki Posts: 6

• Options
    2StarKing said:

Gamer said:

2StarKing said:

It makes sense because if points are your desire, you can make a choice. The basic point system reduces the likelihood of the basic champs contributing 'rich-get-richer" scenario without the rich putting forth effort or resources. The basic arena in my view is to close the gap with the rich if we are will to put the effort forth.
    Yes thanks for the rise in features arena I’m probably won’t hav a change for the 5 star anymore because kabam kind fouce most to not use 6 star in basice because no point
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    edited June 2021

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

How Hav the impact with the change for the 6 star to score almost the same as the 5 star or I’m missing understand it because if so that just bad for me

Its only in the basic arena. These changes are great
    @Kabam Miike can you please confirm this? Is the lowered points scoring for 6*s in the basic arena only (max milestone of 4 mil) and the usual scoring in the featured arena (max milestone 12 mil). If so then I believe this is an incredible update to make grinding less painful
    That is correct. 6-Stars only have their points reduced to match 5-Stars in the Basic Arena.
    does the dupe of basic champion give iso and shards or not?
    No. The Basic Hero has never given more than 1 Sig for a Champion, and that has not changed.
    what about the featured champion? i think one of them used to give dupe before.
    The Featured Champion will give a full Dupe, with ISO, Crystal Shards, Etc.
    I added sig stones to max out my 4* Purgatory before I claimed her again from the most recent arena milestone; got nothing extra from it, no shards, max sig crystal, etc.

Contacted support and they told me “due to the recent changes, you get added signature levels, but nothing else”.

Replied to them that the Shang Chi correction, as well as the Ultron/WM/Maw arena gave everything you would get when duping a max sig champ…we’ll see what happens, not expecting much but a closed ticket. 😡
  • Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    I don't understand, can anyone tell me the purpose of reducing points earned by 6 star champions?
  • Options
    Raphael2010Raphael2010 Posts: 14
    edited June 2021
    First, I want to say the current structure is better than previous allowing optimized arena for 5* champs.

The "Arena Milestone Update - June 10 2021" announcement explains an attempt to combine the lower 3 arenas into 1. However, it doesn't explain why. Why not spread the resources evenly across the current arenas tuned to their current point structure? 2* & 3* champs are easier to rank to help farm their resources of the prev 5 arena structure. Since 4* champs compete for resources with 5* & 6* champs, there would be a smaller number ranked compared to the 2*/3* champs. This disproportionately increases the number of refresh runs for 1 rarity of champs which doesn't necessarily change the amount of time investment. However, it decreases the flexibility of time investment. I understand there are boosts to help, but this was not mentioned as a determining factor in the previously mentioned announcement, and I don't think dependency on them is appropriate for resource grinding.

Please consider spreading the resources evenly across all three arenas.

Thank you for your time and attention.
  • Options
    _wasabi__wasabi_ Posts: 102 ★★
    Changes are positive, it is definitely better than what it was for a majority of people.
    I still find it very very grind heavy however, way too much time and effort spent to reach all the milestones in all the arenas.
    I thought the goal was to make it less time consuming for players initially.
    Would have been great if you didnt have to reach such high streaks to get all milestones, time consuming grinding should be a challenge for those who want 6* champions.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Gmonkey said:

2StarKing said:

You do know whales will just refresh boosted 5 stars now. I see this purely as a cash grab to spend units refreshing for arena. A number of people could put up 80 million plus without refreshing, now if you want a champ refreshing will be needed.
    Whales have always spent to gain champs. The only way to combat this in areans is to remove ability to refresh with units. I can't fault Kabam for retaining the spend to gain points faster aspect. F2P can also refresh boosted. Sometimes I need to refresh boosted for an additional million points or so to reach my goal.
  • Options

So in essence, the basic arena is now more of a grind for casual players like me who liked to just put up 2.25-2.5m for the units and we're instead given the summoner trials which requires a comprehensive roster of 4 stars not built by natural story progression nor are they allowed in Act 6.
    Thank you?

or use 5* and finish it off it 40 rounds?
  • Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★

So in essence, the basic arena is now more of a grind for casual players like me who liked to just put up 2.25-2.5m for the units and we're instead given the summoner trials which requires a comprehensive roster of 4 stars not built by natural story progression nor are they allowed in Act 6.
    Thank you?

I'm just saying for the massive "change" coming to the arenas, the basic arena isn't different at all. Just that 6 stars can be used now for same points as 5 stars.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Thank you?

I'm just saying for the massive "change" coming to the arenas, the basic arena isn't different at all. Just that 6 stars can be used now for same points as 5 stars.
    Considering what they looked like before, that's a massive change. Not to mention we were never able to acquire 6*s from them before on top of the changes.