**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Finally out in the open. First major youtuber acknowledging a major bug!

2»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,010 ★★★★★
    _wasabi_ said:

Watch the video guys before recommending to clean your screen.
    This is not caused by sticky fingers or anything like that.

How do you know?
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Makes sense I guess. In the year that we all probably wash our hands more frequently and thoroughly than ever, suddenly there’s a global pandemic of grubby fingers unlike we’ve ever experienced before.

It’s so bad that people that have been playing this game religiously for 5 years, players that could string together 10000 hit combos in their sleep, can’t even input dash controls the right way round.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I’ve never had an input dropped, at least not more than like one input a week, and I play a LOT

That's how RNG works.

Lol, just cause it hasn't impacted you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen to others.

Three times this week, after I started a special and am holding block, when the special is over, my champ just starts walking up to the defender and has eaten a 5 hit combo. That has never happened in the past, but yet, three times this week while I absolutely have my left thumb pressed down for block it has occurred.

The missed inputs, random heavies, medium instead of light have been around quite awhile. Granted, they aren't often enough to put the tinfoil hat on and spout conspiracy theories, it is super frustrating when it happens and ends in a death.

My guess (and that's all it is). It's all working as intended. Nothing to see here, nothing to fix. Go buy some more units and purchase items to press on while it's swept under the rug.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

IS it just me or is KT1 trying to brand himself as " The YOUTUBER for the normal player". Just fascinating.
    The ilack skills guy tries to brand himself as "The Merc-BANE" to pull views. A very fascinating way to try and increase subs.

What if hes just bringing awareness to an issue that has been lingering for a long time? No other youtuber has brought light to this, and I have no idea why. We all complain for content to come sooner and other aspects of this game, but performance issues always get left out. Kt1 did a good thing
  • GagoH said:

IS it just me or is KT1 trying to brand himself as " The YOUTUBER for the normal player". Just fascinating.
    The ilack skills guy tries to brand himself as "The Merc-BANE" to pull views. A very fascinating way to try and increase subs.

What if hes just bringing awareness to an issue that has been lingering for a long time? No other youtuber has brought light to this, and I have no idea why. We all complain for content to come sooner and other aspects of this game, but performance issues always get left out. Kt1 did a good thing
    isnt there a whole thread on this? There have been performance issues for months. What did KT1 really do? He whiffed a heavy a couple times and cried foul?
    GagoH said:

Do you think that they don't bring attention to it because it doesn't happen to them? It's extremely hard to prove it's the game, your phone or your fingers.

GagoH said:

isnt there a whole thread on this? There have been performance issues for months. What did KT1 really do? He whiffed a heavy a couple times and cried foul?

GagoH said:

I agree with this as well. Rich the Man does more to bring awareness of reported bugs than any other YT'er out there. Seatin could easily "bring more awareness" like KT1 did but he owns his mistakes when he messes up.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★

GagoH said:

GagoH said:

I agree with this as well. Rich the Man does more to bring awareness of reported bugs than any other YT'er out there. Seatin could easily "bring more awareness" like KT1 did but he owns his mistakes when he messes up.
    That's the one thing I'm hoping he copies Seatin with as well. Lmao.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    GagoH said:

This is actually awesome, I didn’t realize it was regarding dropped inputs when I read “bugs” in the title. I’ve been commenting nonstop about these performance related issues , and nothing ever happens or even gets acknowledged to say the least which is really beyond me . A game shouldn’t just be about pumping as much content out there as possible, it should seek to improve dropped inputs /performance issues like this.

I’ve had a load of different inputs dropped, I’ll go ahead and list some:

1) dexing , i would swipe back and during enemy specials , sometimes my champ won’t dex. I can’t consistently dex apocs sp2 even though i can vtd’s sp2 just because of this

2) heavying randomly in the middle of a combo

3) dropped light attack in the middle of a 4 or 5 hit combo

4) holding block when my thumb isnt even touching the left side of the screen

5) unable to dex back during opponents heavy (use to happen a lot on v5 stun immune captain mavel)

And for #6....

A list wouldn’t be complete without Quake, during her dex method she occasionally just stands there in the middle of the rotation due to a dropped input.

To all of you that have been a victim of one of these dropped inputs, I encourage you to keep speaking regarding the issue as the way it’s currently setup is the threads just get moved to a bugs section of the forum where you’re asked to provide information on your phone following a template, but clearly the followup isnt there as we haven’t actually seen performance issues like this be acknowledged by kabam even just once yet

Sorry for the rant, but this issue just really makes the game frustrating to play

This is 100% accurate. But the one that happens most frequently to me is random heavy in the middle of a combo. I have changed the way I held my device to make sure it wasn't me.

• Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★

_wasabi_ said:

Other YouTubers also acknowledge bugs

Yes they do, but not this one in particular.
    I have heard/read in the past that those who are in CCP can't be very critical of the game, otherwise they're gonna be kicked out of CCP altogether. Whether that's true or not, I don't know -
    It's not true lmfao
    Most CCP members don't complain AS MUCH, because it comes across as "whiney"... and of course, don't bite the hand that feeds you factors in as well right? :wink:

I have experienced many input drops over the years on all diff apple devices, some months are worse than others (anyone remember update 15.0 to like, 17 and all the issues?), but I know that any mobile game is going to experience SOME issues like this from time to time. That said, when I watch MSD and Swedeah solo Abyss champs, etc., with flawless 400+ hit counts, it makes me question the sanity of everything. :p
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

GagoH said:

Did you read to yourself what you wrote before you hit enter? If theres a whole thread on this and performance issues for months, clearly the issue isn’t being addressed , or to say the least acknowledged. We need more and more youtubers to post about this because clearly the efforts from the players are not enough. Thats why @TheKiryu should be praised for this as being the first youtuber to be public about it.

Like I said before, you can pump out as much content to the game as possible, but without these performance issues being acknowledged and addressed, the quality of life of the game will still decline.