**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Morningstar still a relevant champ?

CrasyduckCrasyduck Posts: 143 ★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I just pulled 6* Morningstarout of the irontomb cave crystal. I've never played Morningstar, and don't really know anything about her. Does she need a dupe to be good? High sig? What content does she do good in?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Yes she is but she isn’t talked about much
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Incursions, a champion I put in my favourite class: good first five or six star champ. She can work in lots of content, but her ramp up takes a while. Dupe doesn't matter a whole lot.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

DawsMan said:

Incursions, a champion I put in my favourite class: good first five or six star champ. She can work in lots of content, but her ramp up takes a while. Dupe doesn't matter a whole lot.

Her dupe makes her a while lot better. She can copy buffs, starts with 1 charge. The buff copy is awesome if you go up against anyone with power gain or regen. I would say matters a lot.
    kk thanks for the info. However I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker when ranking her up and it adds utility, not a key piece of her kit. Definitely beneficial but still excellently usable without.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    Crasyduck said:

I just pulled 6* Morningstarout of the irontomb cave crystal. I've never played Morningstar, and don't really know anything about her. Does she need a dupe to be good? High sig? What content does she do good in?

Yah she is. Her utility comes from Sig tho but still a beast. Duped MS is nearly immortal at 5 souls .Solid regen, Block, immunity, buff control on sp2 while doing passive damage on sp 1
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

Pulyaman said:

DawsMan said:

Her dupe makes her a while lot better. She can copy buffs, starts with 1 charge. The buff copy is awesome if you go up against anyone with power gain or regen. I would say matters a lot.
    kk thanks for the info. However I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker when ranking her up and it adds utility, not a key piece of her kit. Definitely beneficial but still excellently usable without.
    It's a faster ramp up. You start with 1 soul. Her buff copy is very useful because it also reduces the potency of the defender buffs. So champs like hyperion gain power slower and fury buffs hit less harder.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Her dupe takes her to a whole other level. Other than the extra soul, that buff copy is tremendously useful. Cheesed the hell out of nodes like masochism, powerful from afar, feats of power, personal space, vigor, and a lot of other nodes that provide opponents with particular buffs.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    Morningstar could potentially be a top 3 mystic if Kabam targets her as a buff candidate and makes her ramp up more user friendly, and practical
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    No, she is bad. My 6* is on the bench. Can't even use her on defence. So pathetic.