**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    Apparently this is another event in which Quake will be the best in all the Boss.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

Apparently this is another event in which Quake will be the best in all the Boss.

Didn't know you were from the future, can you tell me what boss week 6 has so I can prepare?
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Wait so if a cav player beats all of the bosses, they'll only be able to reach milestone 6?
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    If some1 wonders how Ghost works for this:

Ideally you want a high sig Ghost.

Only throw SP3 and only throw them when you are backed in the corner.

Try to bait only SP1s while the unstoppable is active (to waste time)

and try to push her (in your 5 sec window) to SP1 again.

If you want to play very cheeky you can do a quick L or M at the end of her SP1 even if she is unstoppable and quickly phase again.

Don't be afraid to take a full 5 hit combo into phase when the unstoppable timer is active (again to waste time) and build power so you can safe yourself in the corner with the SP3.

Lets see for future fights.

I can easily see them throwing random passive powergain (+AAR immunity) or truestrike as nodes into the mix
    edited June 2021

Wait so if a cav player beats all of the bosses, they'll only be able to reach milestone 6?

"Only" ?

What? 75% T5CC selector will bring any cavalier to thronebreaker.

It was exactly what cavaliers were crying about. "Too much RNG. Can't get thronebreaker" (which is obviously nonsense except for very rare examples) and with this the argument is gone 100%
  • Suku6Suku6 Posts: 17
    I honestly think the nodes are too much, particularly the block penetration. Brawl is okay,buy that block penetration is too much. I just got discouraged. I tried but I am now discouraged. Maybe the removal of block penetration can be better
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Yeah that 75% selector and class nexus is awful for a Cav /s

You can pretty much choose your own TB rank up, that’s insane for cavs.
  • Suku6Suku6 Posts: 17
    MCOC Team said:

Greetings Summoners!

The wait is finally over, and at long last, the Summer of Pain has Begun!

We are presenting a special challenge for those who have become Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1) or higher. Starting June 16, we will be releasing challenging Side-Quests weekly that consist of just ONE fight. But these fights will be against notoriously dangerous, challenging, and frustrating encounters from throughout The Contest!

Each week, for 9 weeks, a new fight will be featured and the previous week’s fight will be removed. So don’t miss a week of punishment! To further increase the difficulty, starting from the 4th week the fights will also have difficult Solo Objectives for you to try and overcome. The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before. (Since we’re feeling charitable, that challenge will remain open for TWO whole weeks).

But what is to be gained from all this pain? 1x Gold. What? You want more? Fine. As you win fights and complete the Solo Objectives you’ll collect points that upgrade the rewards you can collect at the end of the event, all the way up to rewards such as a 6-Star Class Nexus Crystal and Tier 5 Class Catalyst Selectors! This is done with Peak Milestones. That means you won't receive any rewards along the way, but at the end of the Summer of Pain, you'll receive rewards based on how many points you earned from each of the Fights and Objectives along the way!

So don’t delay, get ready for fun in the sun as you feel the SUMMER OF PAIN!

EDIT: With the first Quest in the Summer of Pain launching this week, we want to add some clarity regarding who the Quests and Objectives will be available to.

Each week for 9 weeks this Summer, we will be releasing a new addition to the Summer of Pain. These Quests will be available to all Summoners that have earned the title of Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1).

Starting with Week 4, we will be introducing Special Objectives that add an extra level of challenge to each of the Quests. These objectives will only be available to Summoners that have earned the title of Thronebreaker (by completing Act 6 Chapter 4, and possessing a Rank 3 6-Star Champion).

This means that if a Cavalier Summoner completes each of the Quests and earns the maximum number of points available to them, they will be able to obtain Milestone #6.

We apologize for missing this information in our earlier communications.

Guys please remove or reduce that blocking penetration, because wow! Its too much
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I could see them throwing in the Aegon boss from when he released, that was a pain if you didn’t stop that combo meter ticking up with ability accuracy reduction quickly
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Suku6 said:

I honestly think the nodes are too much, particularly the block penetration. Brawl is okay,buy that block penetration is too much. I just got discouraged. I tried but I am now discouraged. Maybe the removal of block penetration can be better

No, get good
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Can you tell us if the objectives will require us to rank up champs?
  • BinkPlayzBinkPlayz Posts: 99 ★★
    Lvernon15 said:

List of rouge options I’ve seen so far:
    Quake (if you can quake she’s probably the easiest)
    Ghost
    She hulk
    Havok
    Sorcerer supreme
    Dragon man (not seen full solo but have seen close so probably can)
    Corvus (not seen solo either but can do some good damage)

wonder where havok came from 🙃
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    Suku6 said:

Still most of a week left to do it. And backing out and trying again for a better run is completely free. This format of quest is a great place for practice.

The block penetration is meant to encourage a no-block playstyle. You have to learn to work with the nodes, rather than against them. Higher difficulty is meant to make us stronger and wiser fighters. Take the opportunity to practice this week. And if you have the techniques down and have a good run, then go ahead and attempt to push through with items at that point. But I wouldn't advise it until you've made some progress in understanding and successfully executing the techniques needed to beat her. Good luck!
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Apparently this is not suitable for Cavalier players. If this first fight is one of the easy ones, I don't wanna know what comes next.
    So Thronebreakers got TWO events, this one and the Gauntlet. Anything for the rest of us who don't want to turn this in to a "summer of pay"?
    ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

Apparently this is not suitable for Cavalier players. If this first fight is one of the easy ones, I don't wanna know what comes next.
    So Thronebreakers got TWO events, this one and the Gauntlet. Anything for the rest of us who don't want to turn this in to a "summer of pay"?

Sure. It's called doing all the other content that's available for progressing players. Variants. Story. EQ. Side Quest. Abyss.
    First of all, I didn't say it's bad that you TB have new things to play with, I said We, don't. So don't promote it like we do.
    Second, nobody asked you. You also do EQ and sidequests and variants when they come to play. It's not that you don't have something to do in your spare time.

Searmenis said:

Lol 2 events in nearly 18 months for TB and you’re complaining. We had from abyss to gauntlet without any content for us.

Cavs have had 7.1, 7.2, 3 variants, many boss rushes, champion challenges.

Entitled much?

I’m honestly baffled at people complaining when end game players get 2 pieces of content since January 2020. Christ.
    So you say you haven't done 7.1, 7.2, variants and boss rushes because you waited for the really hard, challenging events to come. Or you done all that with one finger and got really bored.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Ebony_Naw said:

Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

Sure. It's called doing all the other content that's available for progressing players. Variants. Story. EQ. Side Quest. Abyss.
    First of all, I didn't say it's bad that you TB have new things to play with, I said We, don't. So don't promote it like we do.
    Second, nobody asked you. You also do EQ and sidequests and variants when they come to play. It's not that you don't have something to do in your spare time.
    And the deep TB guys went through a crazy drought before getting gauntlet and summer of pain. I'm still working on 7.2 and some other things in the game when I'm not doing AQ and AW. I would be surprised to find a progressing player with nothing to do in the game content-wise.
    Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

So you are 100% act 6, all Variants and Abyss? In the case that you are not, that's what he means. You do, in fact, have things to work on. Maybe what you meant is more that there's nothing you want to work on?
  • Somin_DadSomin_Dad Posts: 183
    I killed the Rogue, and got 1 pt of Solo Event. Why not 2 pts but 1 pt?

Ebony_Naw said:

Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

And the deep TB guys went through a crazy drought before getting gauntlet and summer of pain. I'm still working on 7.2 and some other things in the game when I'm not doing AQ and AW. I would be surprised to find a progressing player with nothing to do in the game content-wise.
    Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

So you are 100% act 6, all Variants and Abyss? In the case that you are not, that's what he means. You do, in fact, have things to work on. Maybe what you meant is more that there's nothing you want to work on?
    Why do I have to "work on" things I don't like, like Abyss? I don't like fights that last that long, I won't do it. The game is not only about progression, I want a challenge but not nerve breaking stuff. If TB want something even more difficult, I d suggest to start playing EQs with 3* champs. There, problem solved.