**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Apparently this is not suitable for Cavalier players. If this first fight is one of the easy ones, I don't wanna know what comes next.
    So Thronebreakers got TWO events, this one and the Gauntlet. Anything for the rest of us who don't want to turn this in to a "summer of pay"?

Lol 2 events in nearly 18 months for TB and you’re complaining. We had from abyss to gauntlet without any content for us.

Cavs have had 7.1, 7.2, 3 variants, many boss rushes, champion challenges.

Entitled much?

I’m honestly baffled at people complaining when end game players get 2 pieces of content since January 2020. Christ.
    So you say you haven't done 7.1, 7.2, variants and boss rushes because you waited for the really hard, challenging events to come. Or you done all that with one finger and got really bored.
    I did it for the rewards, which were great. But I wasn’t challenged by it particularly. This is what the end game community has asked for, challenging content with great rewards and so far it looks like kabam have delivered.

We’ve put up with content that wasn’t aimed at us for 18 months, now it’s the Cavs turn to put up with content that isn’t aimed at you. If you want to complain, by all means go ahead. But it won’t really be received well.
    Again, I m complaining because the event is advertised as one for Cavaliers also. Especially the first four fights. Which is false. I have no problem at all you guys getting your new thing, just don't false hope the rest of the community.
  • Suku6Suku6 Posts: 17
    Ebony_Naw said:

Suku6 said:

MCOC Team said:

Greetings Summoners!

The wait is finally over, and at long last, the Summer of Pain has Begun!

We are presenting a special challenge for those who have become Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1) or higher. Starting June 16, we will be releasing challenging Side-Quests weekly that consist of just ONE fight. But these fights will be against notoriously dangerous, challenging, and frustrating encounters from throughout The Contest!

Each week, for 9 weeks, a new fight will be featured and the previous week’s fight will be removed. So don’t miss a week of punishment! To further increase the difficulty, starting from the 4th week the fights will also have difficult Solo Objectives for you to try and overcome. The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before. (Since we’re feeling charitable, that challenge will remain open for TWO whole weeks).

But what is to be gained from all this pain? 1x Gold. What? You want more? Fine. As you win fights and complete the Solo Objectives you’ll collect points that upgrade the rewards you can collect at the end of the event, all the way up to rewards such as a 6-Star Class Nexus Crystal and Tier 5 Class Catalyst Selectors! This is done with Peak Milestones. That means you won't receive any rewards along the way, but at the end of the Summer of Pain, you'll receive rewards based on how many points you earned from each of the Fights and Objectives along the way!

So don’t delay, get ready for fun in the sun as you feel the SUMMER OF PAIN!

EDIT: With the first Quest in the Summer of Pain launching this week, we want to add some clarity regarding who the Quests and Objectives will be available to.

Each week for 9 weeks this Summer, we will be releasing a new addition to the Summer of Pain. These Quests will be available to all Summoners that have earned the title of Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1).

Starting with Week 4, we will be introducing Special Objectives that add an extra level of challenge to each of the Quests. These objectives will only be available to Summoners that have earned the title of Thronebreaker (by completing Act 6 Chapter 4, and possessing a Rank 3 6-Star Champion).

This means that if a Cavalier Summoner completes each of the Quests and earns the maximum number of points available to them, they will be able to obtain Milestone #6.

We apologize for missing this information in our earlier communications.

Guys please remove or reduce that blocking penetration, because wow! Its too much
    Dude this event was advertised as supposed to be as hard as it gets. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Don't ask for nerfs just because you can't read where it says who this content is for.

I refuse to see this turn into another show up difficulty.
    No man, intercepting is another game. A parry mastery is what most people use, including myself. Well I guess all the content goes to those that have time.
  • Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 144 ★★
    Raichu626 said:

Is this event a joke ???
    So Kabam put the Cavaliers at the same level of difficulty as the Thronebreakers even if they do not have a 6r3. And for this event a 6r3 helps a lot.
    That is not fair: it is the Thronebreakers that ask for more harder challenges. Most of the Cavaliers do not even have completed the act 6.
    Always against the Cavaliers...

First cavs complained because Gauntlet was limited to TB. Now cavs are complaining that SoP is open to them. Because somehow that's a bad thing
    So that's one cav that said this. I like that it's open to both, cause there are some skilled cav players that dont get the favorable T5CC rolls. I have pulled mostly trash 6 stars and I'm waiting for 1% mystic. It's a rough fight without a R3, but it's doable.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

Apparently this is not suitable for Cavalier players. If this first fight is one of the easy ones, I don't wanna know what comes next.
    So Thronebreakers got TWO events, this one and the Gauntlet. Anything for the rest of us who don't want to turn this in to a "summer of pay"?

Sure. It's called doing all the other content that's available for progressing players. Variants. Story. EQ. Side Quest. Abyss.
    First of all, I didn't say it's bad that you TB have new things to play with, I said We, don't. So don't promote it like we do.
    Second, nobody asked you. You also do EQ and sidequests and variants when they come to play. It's not that you don't have something to do in your spare time.
    And the deep TB guys went through a crazy drought before getting gauntlet and summer of pain. I'm still working on 7.2 and some other things in the game when I'm not doing AQ and AW. I would be surprised to find a progressing player with nothing to do in the game content-wise.
    Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

Sure. It's called doing all the other content that's available for progressing players. Variants. Story. EQ. Side Quest. Abyss.
    First of all, I didn't say it's bad that you TB have new things to play with, I said We, don't. So don't promote it like we do.
    Second, nobody asked you. You also do EQ and sidequests and variants when they come to play. It's not that you don't have something to do in your spare time.
    So you are 100% act 6, all Variants and Abyss? In the case that you are not, that's what he means. You do, in fact, have things to work on. Maybe what you meant is more that there's nothing you want to work on?
    Why do I have to "work on" things I don't like, like Abyss? I don't like fights that last that long, I won't do it. The game is not only about progression, I want a challenge but not nerve breaking stuff. If TB want something even more difficult, I d suggest to start playing EQs with 3* champs. There, problem solved.
    >I don't like abyss
    >I want a challenge
    >Not nerve breaking stuff.
    So you realistically don't want a challenge, you want something in your comfort zone that is attainable without too much work.

And the genius suggestion of telling people building 6* r3 rosters to play EQ with 3* as a replacement for difficult content.
    A challenge is not only having a 20-min playing a single fight. Abyss is not a challenge.
    That by definition constitutes a challenge.
    Sure, being able to do a rotation of 5 moves for half an hour non stop is a skill. Not fun like playing a game, but it's something.
    Fun is subjective. What you find fun, others don't. What you don't find fun, others do.

I like playing Dark Souls, I think it's fun. I've watched a guy complete all the Soulsborne games one after the other without taking a single hit in any of the games or they had to start from the beginning of the first game over again, I don't think that's fun but it's certainly a challenge. Are we both playing the same game series? Yes. Are we both having fun doing things in the series? Yes. Am I going to have fun trying do his challenge? No.

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

And the deep TB guys went through a crazy drought before getting gauntlet and summer of pain. I'm still working on 7.2 and some other things in the game when I'm not doing AQ and AW. I would be surprised to find a progressing player with nothing to do in the game content-wise.
    Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

So you are 100% act 6, all Variants and Abyss? In the case that you are not, that's what he means. You do, in fact, have things to work on. Maybe what you meant is more that there's nothing you want to work on?
    Why do I have to "work on" things I don't like, like Abyss? I don't like fights that last that long, I won't do it. The game is not only about progression, I want a challenge but not nerve breaking stuff. If TB want something even more difficult, I d suggest to start playing EQs with 3* champs. There, problem solved.
    >I don't like abyss
    >I want a challenge
    >Not nerve breaking stuff.
    So you realistically don't want a challenge, you want something in your comfort zone that is attainable without too much work.

And the genius suggestion of telling people building 6* r3 rosters to play EQ with 3* as a replacement for difficult content.
    A challenge is not only having a 20-min playing a single fight. Abyss is not a challenge.
    But you’ve just told people to beat EQ with 3*s for a challenge?
    Either having vastly inferior champs that require 10-20 minutes per fight is challenging or it isn’t, need to make up your mind
    For you ppl this may be fun, we all know anyway that in this game, increasing difficulty means increasing the defenders' numbers.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,976 ★★★★★
    Suku6 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Suku6 said:

MCOC Team said:

Greetings Summoners!

The wait is finally over, and at long last, the Summer of Pain has Begun!

We are presenting a special challenge for those who have become Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1) or higher. Starting June 16, we will be releasing challenging Side-Quests weekly that consist of just ONE fight. But these fights will be against notoriously dangerous, challenging, and frustrating encounters from throughout The Contest!

Each week, for 9 weeks, a new fight will be featured and the previous week’s fight will be removed. So don’t miss a week of punishment! To further increase the difficulty, starting from the 4th week the fights will also have difficult Solo Objectives for you to try and overcome. The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before. (Since we’re feeling charitable, that challenge will remain open for TWO whole weeks).

But what is to be gained from all this pain? 1x Gold. What? You want more? Fine. As you win fights and complete the Solo Objectives you’ll collect points that upgrade the rewards you can collect at the end of the event, all the way up to rewards such as a 6-Star Class Nexus Crystal and Tier 5 Class Catalyst Selectors! This is done with Peak Milestones. That means you won't receive any rewards along the way, but at the end of the Summer of Pain, you'll receive rewards based on how many points you earned from each of the Fights and Objectives along the way!

So don’t delay, get ready for fun in the sun as you feel the SUMMER OF PAIN!

EDIT: With the first Quest in the Summer of Pain launching this week, we want to add some clarity regarding who the Quests and Objectives will be available to.

Each week for 9 weeks this Summer, we will be releasing a new addition to the Summer of Pain. These Quests will be available to all Summoners that have earned the title of Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1).

Starting with Week 4, we will be introducing Special Objectives that add an extra level of challenge to each of the Quests. These objectives will only be available to Summoners that have earned the title of Thronebreaker (by completing Act 6 Chapter 4, and possessing a Rank 3 6-Star Champion).

This means that if a Cavalier Summoner completes each of the Quests and earns the maximum number of points available to them, they will be able to obtain Milestone #6.

We apologize for missing this information in our earlier communications.

Guys please remove or reduce that blocking penetration, because wow! Its too much
    Dude this event was advertised as supposed to be as hard as it gets. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Don't ask for nerfs just because you can't read where it says who this content is for.

I refuse to see this turn into another show up difficulty.
    No man, intercepting is another game. A parry mastery is what most people use, including myself. Well I guess all the content goes to those that have time.
    The node is called Invade. Has nothing to do with block proficiency. 300% increased attack while hitting into the block. Guess what, the attack can do that to the defender as well. Git gud.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,976 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Lol 2 events in nearly 18 months for TB and you’re complaining. We had from abyss to gauntlet without any content for us.

Entitled much?

I’m honestly baffled at people complaining when end game players get 2 pieces of content since January 2020. Christ.
    So you say you haven't done 7.1, 7.2, variants and boss rushes because you waited for the really hard, challenging events to come. Or you done all that with one finger and got really bored.
    I did it for the rewards, which were great. But I wasn’t challenged by it particularly. This is what the end game community has asked for, challenging content with great rewards and so far it looks like kabam have delivered.

We’ve put up with content that wasn’t aimed at us for 18 months, now it’s the Cavs turn to put up with content that isn’t aimed at you. If you want to complain, by all means go ahead. But it won’t really be received well.
    Again, I m complaining because the event is advertised as one for Cavaliers also. Especially the first four fights. Which is false. I have no problem at all you guys getting your new thing, just don't false hope the rest of the community.
    Do you have any R5 5*'s? Yes- you're fine. No- go back to act 6.

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Entitled much?

Do you have any R5 5*'s? Yes- you're fine. No- go back to act 6.
    What percentage of cav players you think can do this in a single fight with no revives?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

This is for cavalier players. It's just not for you as a cavalier player. There are people doing this with R5 5* champs. Cav players have those.

Also you're posting on a public thread. You're talking to everyone.
    I m posting an opinion, not a question.
    You're posting an opinion on a public forum. You can't set your comment to "no reply" nor can you stop people from disagreeing with your opinion. Plus you're grouping all Cav players into your opinion when it really just applies to you and probably a few more as we've already seen.

You don't have the skillzzz, cool but don't come here complaining about that. Maybe come and ask for help instead of going straight to hating on Kabam for creating this content.
    It's another thing disagreeing with something, and another thing replying with a "you can't do this because of your inferior skills and because you havent done your homework, I m a TB so I know stuff" comment.
    It's the opinion most of the people who have replied to you that it's due to your skill and nothing else.

Literally just watched a dude with a R4 5* She Hulk solo this Rogue. Even I can get her down to below 40% with my R4 She Hulk and I'm not particularly skilled.

So yes. We can disagree with your opinion, and we can also share our opinion that it's your lack of skill.
    The 4-5 Thronebreakers that want a challenge. Not a big number IMO. When you make something for our skills too, for the first fights at least, you make it as difficult as EQ cav, not Abyss and up. Do that for the first, again, advertised as cavalier, fights, and go crazy for the rest. It's that simple.
    I didn't realise that Abyss was for Thronebreakers only, never seen a single Cav player ever complete it. Nope. Not one. Oh... wait...

Cavaliers can do this. If you haven't learned to intercept by now, you're in for a shock when you go to do 7.2 which is objectively easier than Abyss or even Act 6.

This is a only mildly harder than some of the fights you get in Act 6.3. Which might I add, was made before Thronebreaker.

Instead of complaining on the forums, go and practice. Put your thumbs to use in game instead of spouting your opinion off like you're talking for every Cav player and disregarding their skills and their ability to actually play the game and complete difficult content.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    I try 4 time and fond its not worth my time doing or the frustration in trying for the headache or rewards. so my conclusion its not fun at all.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★
    Wait is the final challenge gonna contain the 9 fights we will have plus new one? Bc its sounds like summoner showdown last year where the final stage had all fights together