**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Wait so if a cav player beats all of the bosses, they'll only be able to reach milestone 6?

I'm happy with that, for me specifically that's Actually Better than the Single Full T5CC Selector.
    Because with the 3 25% Selectors I can form a T5 Mutant And a T5 Skill, with the existing Fragments I already have.

I have a feeling at least a few other Cavs with be in the same position, where we got a Lot of Fragments for 2 Specific Classes but still not enough to form either until now.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    I think kabam should add the warning like with the gauntlet, so ppl should stop whinning a challenge quest is hard for them.
  • YimiGotayYimiGotay Posts: 100
    Is the class nexus crystal selector 3 champions or 10 champions?
  • Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207

Is this event a joke ???
    So Kabam put the Cavaliers at the same level of difficulty as the Thronebreakers even if they do not have a 6r3. And for this event a 6r3 helps a lot.
    That is not fair: it is the Thronebreakers that ask for more harder challenges. Most of the Cavaliers do not even have completed the act 6.
    Always against the Cavaliers...

Dude in another world , i am cav and i am completely ok with it
  • Suku6Suku6 Posts: 17

Suku6 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Suku6 said:

MCOC Team said:

Greetings Summoners!

The wait is finally over, and at long last, the Summer of Pain has Begun!

We are presenting a special challenge for those who have become Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1) or higher. Starting June 16, we will be releasing challenging Side-Quests weekly that consist of just ONE fight. But these fights will be against notoriously dangerous, challenging, and frustrating encounters from throughout The Contest!

Each week, for 9 weeks, a new fight will be featured and the previous week’s fight will be removed. So don’t miss a week of punishment! To further increase the difficulty, starting from the 4th week the fights will also have difficult Solo Objectives for you to try and overcome. The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before. (Since we’re feeling charitable, that challenge will remain open for TWO whole weeks).

But what is to be gained from all this pain? 1x Gold. What? You want more? Fine. As you win fights and complete the Solo Objectives you’ll collect points that upgrade the rewards you can collect at the end of the event, all the way up to rewards such as a 6-Star Class Nexus Crystal and Tier 5 Class Catalyst Selectors! This is done with Peak Milestones. That means you won't receive any rewards along the way, but at the end of the Summer of Pain, you'll receive rewards based on how many points you earned from each of the Fights and Objectives along the way!

So don’t delay, get ready for fun in the sun as you feel the SUMMER OF PAIN!

EDIT: With the first Quest in the Summer of Pain launching this week, we want to add some clarity regarding who the Quests and Objectives will be available to.

Each week for 9 weeks this Summer, we will be releasing a new addition to the Summer of Pain. These Quests will be available to all Summoners that have earned the title of Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1).

Starting with Week 4, we will be introducing Special Objectives that add an extra level of challenge to each of the Quests. These objectives will only be available to Summoners that have earned the title of Thronebreaker (by completing Act 6 Chapter 4, and possessing a Rank 3 6-Star Champion).

This means that if a Cavalier Summoner completes each of the Quests and earns the maximum number of points available to them, they will be able to obtain Milestone #6.

We apologize for missing this information in our earlier communications.

Guys please remove or reduce that blocking penetration, because wow! Its too much
    Dude this event was advertised as supposed to be as hard as it gets. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Don't ask for nerfs just because you can't read where it says who this content is for.

I refuse to see this turn into another show up difficulty.
    No man, intercepting is another game. A parry mastery is what most people use, including myself. Well I guess all the content goes to those that have time.
    The node is called Invade. Has nothing to do with block proficiency. 300% increased attack while hitting into the block. Guess what, the attack can do that to the defender as well. Git gud.
    That is just a ridiculous comparison. I obviously read the node. How can u compare a 119k PI to a 11k PI?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    YimiGotay said:

Is the class nexus crystal selector 3 champions or 10 champions?

3 champions. Abyss selector is the only one with 10 champs.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★

Wait so if a cav player beats all of the bosses, they'll only be able to reach milestone 6?

Yeah that 75% selector and class nexus is awful for a Cav /s

You can pretty much choose your own TB rank up, that’s insane for cavs.
    Lol I'm not complaining. I'm almost TB already and the rewards are insane, agreed but I don't think I'll personally be able to do all the fights imho. Just asked for confirmation.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Suku6 said:

Suku6 said:

I honestly think the nodes are too much, particularly the block penetration. Brawl is okay,buy that block penetration is too much. I just got discouraged. I tried but I am now discouraged. Maybe the removal of block penetration can be better

Still most of a week left to do it. And backing out and trying again for a better run is completely free. This format of quest is a great place for practice.

The block penetration is meant to encourage a no-block playstyle. You have to learn to work with the nodes, rather than against them. Higher difficulty is meant to make us stronger and wiser fighters. Take the opportunity to practice this week. And if you have the techniques down and have a good run, then go ahead and attempt to push through with items at that point. But I wouldn't advise it until you've made some progress in understanding and successfully executing the techniques needed to beat her. Good luck!
    I can't learn intercepting in a week. There's life outside game. The pressure that comes with this penetration is too much.
    I'm no She Hulk expert, at all. But when I saw this fight I immediately thought of her. And went in without watching videos as I often like to do, to get the raw, fresh experience of the encounter without outside suggestion. I had like 20 failed attempts before I got a solo. I ended up changing my strategy midway through these attempts. Instead of trying to heavy spam in the corner, I realized Rogues Aggressive node makes her more susceptible to stand up intercepts. Having now watched a few videos, I see that is definitely the case. The second time I went in (strictly for practice as I'd already completed it) it took about 7-8 attempts to solo. I may still go in some more to further sharpen my SheHulk game before it's over. Not for the rewards, cause I already have them. But because I want to add her to the list of champs that I am good at playing.

Do I probably have a better knowledge of the combat mechanics in this game to work off of? Sure, I've been playing for longer, presumably. But, how do you know if you can't get better at this fight in a week without trying? Maybe you can. Whether or not you learn to successfully do this fight in a week isn't necessarily the main point. The point is you can't have it both ways. You can't claim you are unwilling or too busy to practice something, but then be disappointed if you can't successfully complete it. This kind of holds true for many things in life, in general.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    This event is an amazing opportunity for cavs to get some extra 6* shards. The real difficulty starts after week 4 so that's like 15K 6 star shards if you do the previous weeks.
  • Suku6Suku6 Posts: 17
    Wicket329 said:

Suku6 said:

Suku6 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Suku6 said:

MCOC Team said:

Greetings Summoners!

We are presenting a special challenge for those who have become Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1) or higher. Starting June 16, we will be releasing challenging Side-Quests weekly that consist of just ONE fight. But these fights will be against notoriously dangerous, challenging, and frustrating encounters from throughout The Contest!

Each week, for 9 weeks, a new fight will be featured and the previous week’s fight will be removed. So don’t miss a week of punishment! To further increase the difficulty, starting from the 4th week the fights will also have difficult Solo Objectives for you to try and overcome. The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before. (Since we’re feeling charitable, that challenge will remain open for TWO whole weeks).

But what is to be gained from all this pain? 1x Gold. What? You want more? Fine. As you win fights and complete the Solo Objectives you’ll collect points that upgrade the rewards you can collect at the end of the event, all the way up to rewards such as a 6-Star Class Nexus Crystal and Tier 5 Class Catalyst Selectors! This is done with Peak Milestones. That means you won't receive any rewards along the way, but at the end of the Summer of Pain, you'll receive rewards based on how many points you earned from each of the Fights and Objectives along the way!

EDIT: With the first Quest in the Summer of Pain launching this week, we want to add some clarity regarding who the Quests and Objectives will be available to.

Each week for 9 weeks this Summer, we will be releasing a new addition to the Summer of Pain. These Quests will be available to all Summoners that have earned the title of Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1).

Starting with Week 4, we will be introducing Special Objectives that add an extra level of challenge to each of the Quests. These objectives will only be available to Summoners that have earned the title of Thronebreaker (by completing Act 6 Chapter 4, and possessing a Rank 3 6-Star Champion).

This means that if a Cavalier Summoner completes each of the Quests and earns the maximum number of points available to them, they will be able to obtain Milestone #6.

Guys please remove or reduce that blocking penetration, because wow! Its too much
    Dude this event was advertised as supposed to be as hard as it gets. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Don't ask for nerfs just because you can't read where it says who this content is for.

No man, intercepting is another game. A parry mastery is what most people use, including myself. Well I guess all the content goes to those that have time.
    The node is called Invade. Has nothing to do with block proficiency. 300% increased attack while hitting into the block. Guess what, the attack can do that to the defender as well. Git gud.
    That is just a ridiculous comparison. I obviously read the node. How can u compare a 119k PI to a 11k PI?
    PI is a fairly useless number, all things considered. I ignore it completely going into fights.

Way back in the day when a lot of us endgamers started playing, it took a long time to even unlock parry and dexterity. It wasn’t even immediately apparent that they were things you needed. Learning to spot openings was a day one thing. It baffles me that a Cavalier player can say with a straight face that intercepting is too hard.

I... I just gave a “kids these days have it too easy” speech. Am I old now? I hate this.
    Do consider that we all start somewhere. You did not wake up and mastered intercepting. It probably took you years. So do not judge. I am one year and 7 months playing this game and intercepting is still hard for me. And yes you are right by saying back in the day. Now is not back in the day....
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

slacker said:

I think kabam should add the warning like with the gauntlet, so ppl should stop whinning a challenge quest is hard for them.

I thought that was the entire advertising campaign for this since it's conception, but looking back at the release notes this month, I can see why you might have a point.

I just always knew what it was so maybe that's the difference in where some newly and progressing cav players are coming from.
    I mean they clearly use white text to decribe that and i didn't see anyone complaint about it, tho i must say that some ppl still don't understand what is hard challenge or where are they stand in game.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

I could see them throwing in the Aegon boss from when he released, that was a pain if you didn’t stop that combo meter ticking up with ability accuracy reduction quickly

I remember that one, had to restart that quest so many times before I finally figured out how to sort of use Magik & powerlock for the entire fight (iirc).

Nameless (unblockable) Guillotine is another that comes to mind.

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

Apparently this is not suitable for Cavalier players. If this first fight is one of the easy ones, I don't wanna know what comes next.
    So Thronebreakers got TWO events, this one and the Gauntlet. Anything for the rest of us who don't want to turn this in to a "summer of pay"?

Sure. It's called doing all the other content that's available for progressing players. Variants. Story. EQ. Side Quest. Abyss.
    First of all, I didn't say it's bad that you TB have new things to play with, I said We, don't. So don't promote it like we do.
    Second, nobody asked you. You also do EQ and sidequests and variants when they come to play. It's not that you don't have something to do in your spare time.
    This is for cavalier players. It's just not for you as a cavalier player. There are people doing this with R5 5* champs. Cav players have those.

Also you're posting on a public thread. You're talking to everyone.
    I m posting an opinion, not a question.
    You're posting an opinion on a public forum. You can't set your comment to "no reply" nor can you stop people from disagreeing with your opinion. Plus you're grouping all Cav players into your opinion when it really just applies to you and probably a few more as we've already seen.

You don't have the skillzzz, cool but don't come here complaining about that. Maybe come and ask for help instead of going straight to hating on Kabam for creating this content.
    It's another thing disagreeing with something, and another thing replying with a "you can't do this because of your inferior skills and because you havent done your homework, I m a TB so I know stuff" comment.
    Everybody seems to be forgetting that this isn’t a new fight. Kabam didn’t just dream this up for SoP, it was originally a part of a celebrity gauntlet style event a few years back with the release of the Captain Marvel movie. You had to fight THIS SAME ROGUE SIX TIMES in one quest. They may have increased her health pool a bit, but that’s all.

This was before 6* r3 was even a thing, let alone the Thronebreaker title. Since then, tons of new champions who can handle this fight have been released.

I literally just facetanked the whole fight with Dragon Man just to see that I could. It was super easy. I used my 6* r2, but could have just as easily used a 5/65. It took a little while, but it wasn’t bad at all.

So yes, Cavalier players with 5/65 champions can do it. Because that’s who did it the first time around.
    Yeah I recognised this rogue, I remember it being a pain then, if it’s the challenge I’m thinking of I used majority 4*s as well to slog through as my 5* roster was still pretty poor
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Suku6 said:

Wicket329 said:

Suku6 said:

Suku6 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Suku6 said:

MCOC Team said:

Greetings Summoners!

PI is a fairly useless number, all things considered. I ignore it completely going into fights.

Way back in the day when a lot of us endgamers started playing, it took a long time to even unlock parry and dexterity. It wasn’t even immediately apparent that they were things you needed. Learning to spot openings was a day one thing. It baffles me that a Cavalier player can say with a straight face that intercepting is too hard.

I... I just gave a “kids these days have it too easy” speech. Am I old now? I hate this.
    Do consider that we all start somewhere. You did not wake up and mastered intercepting. It probably took you years. So do not judge. I am one year and 7 months playing this game and intercepting is still hard for me. And yes you are right by saying back in the day. Now is not back in the day....
    It takes years for some and months for others. If you don't wanna invest the time, the "years" into perfecting your skills, then that's your problem.

Wicket329 said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

Apparently this is not suitable for Cavalier players. If this first fight is one of the easy ones, I don't wanna know what comes next.
    So Thronebreakers got TWO events, this one and the Gauntlet. Anything for the rest of us who don't want to turn this in to a "summer of pay"?

Sure. It's called doing all the other content that's available for progressing players. Variants. Story. EQ. Side Quest. Abyss.
    First of all, I didn't say it's bad that you TB have new things to play with, I said We, don't. So don't promote it like we do.
    Second, nobody asked you. You also do EQ and sidequests and variants when they come to play. It's not that you don't have something to do in your spare time.
    This is for cavalier players. It's just not for you as a cavalier player. There are people doing this with R5 5* champs. Cav players have those.

Also you're posting on a public thread. You're talking to everyone.
    I m posting an opinion, not a question.
    You're posting an opinion on a public forum. You can't set your comment to "no reply" nor can you stop people from disagreeing with your opinion. Plus you're grouping all Cav players into your opinion when it really just applies to you and probably a few more as we've already seen.

You don't have the skillzzz, cool but don't come here complaining about that. Maybe come and ask for help instead of going straight to hating on Kabam for creating this content.
    It's another thing disagreeing with something, and another thing replying with a "you can't do this because of your inferior skills and because you havent done your homework, I m a TB so I know stuff" comment.
    Everybody seems to be forgetting that this isn’t a new fight. Kabam didn’t just dream this up for SoP, it was originally a part of a celebrity gauntlet style event a few years back with the release of the Captain Marvel movie. You had to fight THIS SAME ROGUE SIX TIMES in one quest. They may have increased her health pool a bit, but that’s all.

This was before 6* r3 was even a thing, let alone the Thronebreaker title. Since then, tons of new champions who can handle this fight have been released.

I literally just facetanked the whole fight with Dragon Man just to see that I could. It was super easy. I used my 6* r2, but could have just as easily used a 5/65. It took a little while, but it wasn’t bad at all.

So yes, Cavalier players with 5/65 champions can do it. Because that’s who did it the first time around.
    Yeah I recognised this rogue, I remember it being a pain then, if it’s the challenge I’m thinking of I used majority 4*s as well to slog through as my 5* roster was still pretty poor
    4 star corvus was the star, he gained two missions and decimated rouge
  • PoupPoup Posts: 41
    Might be a silly question.. but is the first milestone only accessible if you’re part of an alli?
    Poup said:

Might be a silly question.. but is the first milestone only accessible if you’re part of an alli?

I don't think so, maybe a typo. It's a "solo" objective, after all.
  • VivavengerVivavenger Posts: 75
    edited June 2021
    One more quest but only for cav and above 😭😭. I was having so much expectations.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

One more quest but only for cav and above 😭😭. I was having so much expectations.

No you wil dies over and over and complaining about it to hard
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    I think i should have 2 points, but showing only one. Is this correct?

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    AlexBossu said:

I think i should have 2 points, but showing only one. Is this correct?

You get points for completing fights and completing objectives. There aren't any objectives yet.