**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

symbiote supreme w/o MD and w/o dupe

thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I just recently pulled a 5 star symbiote supreme. I'm being very picky about ranking up 5 stars, esp. with the game migrating toward 6 stars and the lack of ISO.

Is he worth r5 even without MD (I heard his dupe isn't essential)?

Is he helpful in 6.4, 7.1, 7.2, variants, gold AW, and/or map5/6?

I know that he's one of the best options for the abyss ez lane, but that's not on my radar atm.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    I love mine a lot. If you ever unlock md he gets even better
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    He's niche but effective.
  • ScrubhanScrubhan Posts: 159
    With md he’s a monster. Without it he is fine
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    He doesn't really need the dupe, it gives opponents a stagger on a timer but that's not really necessary tbh. He's certainly not as good without MD as he is with it but you should strongly consider unlocking MD - I usually run 4 points in it - irrelevant of SS.

If AoL isn't on your radar yet and you're still asking about Variants, and 6.4 then you should still be very much focussed on your 5* roster over your 6* unless you somehow only pull god tier 6*. In most cases a max sig 5* is going to be more effective than an unawakened 6*, even at R3 because in so many cases a huge amount of their use is locked behind those platinum stars, if not sig200.

I have 10 R3, 10 R2 6* and something like 35 R5 5* and I still rank up 5* if they have utility and it's locked behind their awakened ability for that very reason and I've explored everything except for V1 and chapter 3 of V7 and play in P2 AW.

Ignore your 4* by all means but don't let that extra * lull you, especially when they're 50% more expensive to rank up.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Doesn’t need the dupe and you may as well put 3/5 into MD for all of your mystic’s sakes. Took my SymSup to r5 unduped
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,725 ★★★★★
    I like him, but the one thing that always keeps me from ranking my 6* up is that he feels so very situational to me. Despite this, he doesn't really fill a niche that none of my other mystic champions doesn't already occupy.

But when you have the right match and you get things rolling...oh boy. He feels great.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Scrubhan said:

With md he’s a monster. Without it he is fine

Mauled said:

He doesn't really need the dupe, it gives opponents a stagger on a timer but that's not really necessary tbh. He's certainly not as good without MD as he is with it but you should strongly consider unlocking MD - I usually run 4 points in it - irrelevant of SS.

so how is he without MD? I have it unlocked way back when i used to use 4 star DV and when mystics were good AWD. but I have crappy 5 and 6 star mystics so no way I'm going to invest in it for only Symb Supreme (esp. since he's situational to begin with).

So what do you mean that he is "fine" without MD? For what content, matchups, etc.?

And is he still worth r5 without MD? based on what I'm hearing, it sounds like a no.