**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    AlexBossu said:

I think i should have 2 points, but showing only one. Is this correct?

You haven't completed any objectives yet. Objectives start week 4
    1 point per week before objectives start
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    MCOC Team said:

all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before.

6.1.6 prenerf Crossbones, the Collector, or Infinity War/Endgame Thanos? 'cause those three, actually, no joke, no irony, haunted my dreams before.
  • YaBoySaltyYaBoySalty Posts: 4
    edited June 2021

AS IF I JUST GOT THE ONE SHOT WITH MY R1 6* SHE-HULK
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Can anybody clarify: If I get all the points am I getting 6 six star class nexus' and 8 t5cc or just a class nexus and 2 for peak milestone. Plus the t6b t3a
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

Can anybody clarify: If I get all the points am I getting 6 six star class nexus' and 8 t5cc or just a class nexus and 2 for peak milestone. Plus the t6b t3a

It's peak milestones. Wherever you end the event at is the milestone you get rewards for.
  • nm2289nm2289 Posts: 1
    How does rewards work?

In my Mind, I thought killing Rogue would give me 5000 Shards. I did not receive them. It did change the peak millstone in the solo event.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    nm2289 said:

How does rewards work?

In my Mind, I thought killing Rogue would give me 5000 Shards. I did not receive them. It did change the peak millstone in the solo event.

You play AQ? It's the same as that. The highest rank you achieve is what you'll get at the end of the timer.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Haji_Saab said:

Searmenis said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

Apparently this is not suitable for Cavalier players. If this first fight is one of the easy ones, I don't wanna know what comes next.
    So Thronebreakers got TWO events, this one and the Gauntlet. Anything for the rest of us who don't want to turn this in to a "summer of pay"?

Sure. It's called doing all the other content that's available for progressing players. Variants. Story. EQ. Side Quest. Abyss.
    First of all, I didn't say it's bad that you TB have new things to play with, I said We, don't. So don't promote it like we do.
    Second, nobody asked you. You also do EQ and sidequests and variants when they come to play. It's not that you don't have something to do in your spare time.
    And the deep TB guys went through a crazy drought before getting gauntlet and summer of pain. I'm still working on 7.2 and some other things in the game when I'm not doing AQ and AW. I would be surprised to find a progressing player with nothing to do in the game content-wise.
    Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

Apparently this is not suitable for Cavalier players. If this first fight is one of the easy ones, I don't wanna know what comes next.
    So Thronebreakers got TWO events, this one and the Gauntlet. Anything for the rest of us who don't want to turn this in to a "summer of pay"?

Sure. It's called doing all the other content that's available for progressing players. Variants. Story. EQ. Side Quest. Abyss.
    First of all, I didn't say it's bad that you TB have new things to play with, I said We, don't. So don't promote it like we do.
    Second, nobody asked you. You also do EQ and sidequests and variants when they come to play. It's not that you don't have something to do in your spare time.
    So you are 100% act 6, all Variants and Abyss? In the case that you are not, that's what he means. You do, in fact, have things to work on. Maybe what you meant is more that there's nothing you want to work on?
    Why do I have to "work on" things I don't like, like Abyss? I don't like fights that last that long, I won't do it. The game is not only about progression, I want a challenge but not nerve breaking stuff. If TB want something even more difficult, I d suggest to start playing EQs with 3* champs. There, problem solved.
    Go play Arena. The fights will be really challenging for you after 5 streak.
    Yeah, because the difficulty increases after 5 streaks, that 's why I m doing 200. Don't comment if you don't play the game, stop embarrassing yourself.
  • VIRTUOSO47VIRTUOSO47 Posts: 35
    edited June 2021
    I did it with my 6* R1 Spider-Gwen. Brought her down to 13% before my scrub brain decided that it needed to see the green parry message flash up on screen and died to her block break. Finished her off with an L1 revive. Although, if someone soloed her with both Spider-gwen and Shulk, can you tell me which option would be easier? I'm guessing Shulk would be significantly easier because of her taunt mechanic. One major problem I faced was baiting out Rogue's special with Spider-Gwen so I could heavy counter her special. It took me nearly 13-15 tries to get the fight down to a science with stand up intercepts and heavy countering her specials.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★

This first fight was easy indeed, I’m just curious about the objective challenges, hoping they are at least possible with enough skill and not meant as a revive fest.

My fear with the objectives is it will be to use specific champions, which means having to rank them up. I’m okay with that for permanent content like Carina’s Challenges, but it would suck to be a player who could otherwise accomplish a timed challenge who just didn’t have the rankup resources on hand.

Hopefully, we’ll just see things like class/star restrictions or a specific in-fight action. Something that won’t be as taxing to adjust to within a week.
  • ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★
    Tried it with tons of champs and took a load of time, but I finally managed the one-shot with a 4* r4 She-Hulk. She's by far the best option assuming you can continuously chain heavies, combo her and bait specials in the right corner. There was a couple times she held block when under a bar of power so I just chucked a sp3, rushed her and heavied to apply slow again. 10/10 would not do again unless I have a r5 5* She-Hulk.
  • kraioszerokraioszero Posts: 148

Is this event a joke ???
    So Kabam put the Cavaliers at the same level of difficulty as the Thronebreakers even if they do not have a 6r3. And for this event a 6r3 helps a lot.
    That is not fair: it is the Thronebreakers that ask for more harder challenges. Most of the Cavaliers do not even have completed the act 6.
    Always against the Cavaliers...

Thronebrakers are no gods, cavaliers are no gods, Nor demigods Nor even none of the ranks to be considered as some sort of special target intended exclusive content..

If you think of unfair, think twice about..
    Or even just take a time to consider the wider range of players that are below cavalier rank that do not have access to Those challenges.

Rank is just a status that you acquire because you were able to finish certain tasks, not matter the way you did it (if rune spending, pure hability or any other way). No idea how many times I have heard/read "I spent xxx runes my friend, but I finally got xxx title (let's say cavaliers just to complete the sentence)

I have many friends that are not cavaliers Nor Thronebrakers just because it takes too much time for them, not because of the lack of something, in fact, I'm pretty sure they could finish the task..

Soo NOP, no idea why they put cavaliers to throne breakers level, Nor why it is rank title relate exclusive content when the fact of getting a title is not (just to avoid mistakes, getting most of the rank titles is not straight progressive rank related but story mode progress related)
  • WolverDominatorWolverDominator Posts: 132
    I completed week 1 with venom 5r5, 2 revives.
    I’m TB but only 1 r3 (Angela) completely out of scope for this event. But venom did surprisingly well.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Wicket329 said:

This first fight was easy indeed, I’m just curious about the objective challenges, hoping they are at least possible with enough skill and not meant as a revive fest.

My fear with the objectives is it will be to use specific champions, which means having to rank them up. I’m okay with that for permanent content like Carina’s Challenges, but it would suck to be a player who could otherwise accomplish a timed challenge who just didn’t have the rankup resources on hand.

Hopefully, we’ll just see things like class/star restrictions or a specific in-fight action. Something that won’t be as taxing to adjust to within a week.
    Agreed, asking us to rank up an unused/unpopular champ in particular is a bit much but we will see.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★

I completed week 1 with venom 5r5, 2 revives.
    I’m TB but only 1 r3 (Angela) completely out of scope for this event. But venom did surprisingly well.

As long as your five star roster is well developed you should be fine, you can always use boost if needed.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Is this event a joke ???
    So Kabam put the Cavaliers at the same level of difficulty as the Thronebreakers even if they do not have a 6r3. And for this event a 6r3 helps a lot.
    That is not fair: it is the Thronebreakers that ask for more harder challenges. Most of the Cavaliers do not even have completed the act 6.

Its actually hilarious how despite this event being amazing for cavs someone finds a way to complain.

If it follows the trend of rogue then there should be absolutely no requirement for r3 champs.
    Defeating 5 bosses gives you a 25% selector.
    In addition to the 75% selectors already available in story content (act 6, 7.1 & 2 exploration)
    You can literally choose any t5cc you want no rng required.
    I'm sure people will still find a way to complain about thronebreaker requirements though
    You’re right that they’re flooding the market a bit in terms of t5cc, but listing act 6 exploration in that is pretty ludicrous
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Is this event a joke ???

Its actually hilarious how despite this event being amazing for cavs someone finds a way to complain.

If it follows the trend of rogue then there should be absolutely no requirement for r3 champs.
    In addition to the 75% selectors already available in story content (act 6, 7.1 & 2 exploration)
    I'm sure people will still find a way to complain about thronebreaker requirements though
    You’re right that they’re flooding the market a bit in terms of t5cc, but listing act 6 exploration in that is pretty ludicrous
    Exploring one of the chapters is not a big deal, that gets you 25% I believe. Act 6 shouldn’t be too challenging for the most part for any Cav pushing to be TB. It’ll be hard yeah, but worth it. There’s still some awesome rewards there
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Is this event a joke ???

I wasn't even listing act 6 exploration.
    You just need act 6 completion for 25% selector.
    Its 7.1 & 2 you need to explore for selectors which Is very easily achievable.

Forming a t5cc of your choice with absolutely no rng elements is now possible for those willing to work for it
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    It very doable for cavaliers. No one says you have to solo it. I hate using revives or even spending units on them but for 5000 6* shards spend some time in arena to get units. There is alot of videos and advice on which champs to use. It's free to enter. No energy required. No limit on amount of times you can try. Heck, use it to practice intercept timing instead of always relying on parry. I used a 5* corvus hitting into her block to beat her. Don't give up and have faith in yourself. Just keep practicing and trying. You got this.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/_gz0jKDSu6E

This is satisfaction guaranteed!!
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

Is this event a joke ???

I wasn't even listing act 6 exploration.
    You just need act 6 completion for 25% selector.
    Its 7.1 & 2 you need to explore for selectors which Is very easily achievable.

Forming a t5cc of your choice with absolutely no rng elements is now possible for those willing to work for it
    Whoops, didn’t read that right. Good call, and that doesn’t even include the fact that f2p players can use arena units for selectors after 7.1 and 7.2. 3500 units for 15 and 20?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/_gz0jKDSu6E

This is satisfaction guaranteed!!

You’re lucky she didn’t smack you into oblivion around the 2min mark. She just turtled instead.