**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Brawl node cooldown timer

Summer of pain challenges are here and to be honest its very difficult bcz one mistake and you're done for but it is doable when you're in ultra instinct mode (you'll know what it is if you have watched Dragon ball super).
One thing to notice is that brawl node works very differently bcz while the timer expires it gives both champs unstoppable but the timer start again with it as well even before the unstoppable wears off, it's not stated that it should work like that but usually all nodes work like whenever their effect expires then the timer wtarts again but in this case we get 5 seconds unstoppable passive for both and a 10 second timer out of which 5 seconds u can't do anything bcz of the passive effect, so u get only 5 second window if you've not brought a slow inflicting champion.
Healthpool is too big as well for that 5 second window every 10 seconds if you manage to make full use of it as well.

Comments

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yeah that’s the point, your supposed to have a slow inflicting champion lol
  • LuciferiamdevilLuciferiamdevil Posts: 74

Yeah that’s the point, your supposed to have a slow inflicting champion lol

Thats my point u need specific champions to cheese it, i dont deny its doable but not many champions can cheese it
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    It's going to get harder and there are always going to be champs that are better suited to the nodes on the fight.
    That doesn't mean you can't do it with other champs.

Just try your best and don't worry about it if you can't do it.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    Yeah, as others have said, it's not a problem if you have a solution, and the fight requires either a good solution or some crazy workaround skills. If you are at a point where you can realistically take on the fight, your progression level pretty much requires you to have one of those things.

I got nuked the first time I fought her. I figured my Warlock would work wonders if I threw his SP2 against her block, but he didn't last 20 seconds. I don't think I got her below 97% health.

Then I tried a few other champs, watched a few videos online and read a few guides, and talked to a few of my alliance mates, before finally settling on She-Hulk. I probably went in 20 times at the very least before I found a comfortable rhythm, and then I went for my try. I wasn't able to solo her but I also didn't empty my stash of potions and revives, and I didn't have to spend any units.

I don't know how long I'll be able to keep up and I have a sneaking suspicion that the objectives will be far beyond my ability, but hey, the SOP is endgame content that isn't meant to be easy. It's meant to test your skill and your roster to their limits, and I was happy to have overcome this first fight after two dozen tries.

It's kind of like....I'm not going to complain that the Gauntlet is too difficult for me just because it is. There's just a discrepancy between my current skill and its required skill, and that's fine. I might hop into it when it returns at a later date to try again, but I'm cool with leaving it be right now.

Same with SOP, if the future fights prove too difficult.

The one thing I would wish is for these kinds of content to not be temporary. It would be fun to try out certain really hard fights again, or for the first time, at your own pace. Even if you can't compete in the events themselves, fighting those fights can really boost your skill in preparation for future events. I learned a lot about how to play She-Hulk (who I hadn't used a lot earlier) by running her against Rogue again and again.
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    Plenty of champs with slow who counter the node. There are also cheese options like dragon man and namor. If you don't have any of those, then it comes down to personal skill. I used ghost but you can really use anyone so long as you can play around the unstoppable. This fight actually wasn't that bad and it's probably just the warm up.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Summer of pain is ment to challenge your skill and your roaster.

I would say this fight is actually perfect to set the tone for SoP. It is hard and unforgiving but at the same time very predictable with the agressive node so most mistakes aren't "stupid AI" but your skill (ofc there are exceptions like L intercepts)

I like this challange a lot bc it makes everyone who struggles at the start but beats it later a better player.

You have to play calculated and agressive at the same time without relaying on parries.

Especially for Cavalier players this is a great way to improve your skill.

Also you can try it again and again so you don't have to use any items if you don't want to.

I like this one.
    A fair skill challange.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

I would really like you to solo it with a 2 or 1 star as you're super skilled

https://youtu.be/0qVRIWCb6O8

Here's it done with a 2 star, good luck
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

this discussion is just another example of why I put forth this survey:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/269353/monthly-eq-survey#latest

I'm guessing SpideyFunko finds it "easy" because he/she/it? ;) is already thronebreaker and cleared most content, ie "end gamer". And this challenge is kinda explicitly aimed for them ... "mostly".

Conversely, I'll wager Luciferiamdevil is not yet Thronebreaker .. probably still working on Act 6 ?

So yes .. you are going to find it difficult .. again, that's EXACTLY the way (I believe) it should work.

By the time you are thronebreaker .. by the time you have expanded your roster more .. by the time you have picked up a few more "end game skills" .. this challenge will start to look "easier" ...

I myself am only Cavalier ... only just finished taking down The Champion ... haven't even looked at any of the Labyrinth of Legends, or such ...

I found Rogue quite difficult, but after about 50+ attempts, with my 6* R2 she hulk (yes, I managed to rank her up a few weeks ago .. woohoo!!), I managed to get Rogue down to 30% ... took 5 revives to finish her off ... *sigh*
    :)

So definitely doable .. if you have the roster ... if not, you're probably not ready for it ...

bottom line, IMHO ... it's perfectly good "as is" ...

And I'm expecting not to be able to touch some of the next bosses !! LOL

Spidey is TB? This is news to me in more ways than one
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    1. Brawl has always been this way. It’s an annoying node but shouldn’t be a surprise.
    2. This is a fight similar or the same but increased health pool from a previous challenge. This fight was amongst a long line of other fights as well in that challenge. It sucked then too.
    3. There are many champs that can solo. Others can get great runs. Chose your poison and practice(mine for solo was sorcerer supreme and also got 50% shot with ghost multiple time for a non slow champ).
    4. If you can’t one shot take cracks until you feel good pop some boosts and get a good run then revive(50%) and hit it again with a revive and some pots
    5. It’s a challenge practice and grow skill. If it isn’t going to happen accept your aren’t there or decide if it’s worth the revive up for you.

The next week may present a challengerthat is better suited for you roster and what you are good at.
  • LuciferiamdevilLuciferiamdevil Posts: 74
    I'm just concerned about the functionality of the node, SOP is sure to be hard
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You don’t know the term of cheesing. Namor is the cheese way and it’s not a full cheese. Cuz you still
    Have to play well.

You just need some skill. Or the right champ.