**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★

Even though it's 9 weeks away, I'm already trying to envision the final challenge. Hopefully the team leader was like...

"Did the testers actually physically smash their devices on the floor?"

"Umm, there were some stress noises/cursing coming from the room, but no..."

"Take it back and crank it up!"

"Finally! I think we're there. Frank, get the broom and the box of replacement devices!"

"LETS SEE MSD SOLO *THAT* WITH A 2 STAR SHE-HULK!!"

It’s actually not hard to counter she hulk, let’s hope they don’t get too carried away though.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Apparently this is not suitable for Cavalier players. If this first fight is one of the easy ones, I don't wanna know what comes next.
    So Thronebreakers got TWO events, this one and the Gauntlet. Anything for the rest of us who don't want to turn this in to a "summer of pay"?

Lol 2 events in nearly 18 months for TB and you’re complaining. We had from abyss to gauntlet without any content for us.

Cavs have had 7.1, 7.2, 3 variants, many boss rushes, champion challenges.

Entitled much?

I’m honestly baffled at people complaining when end game players get 2 pieces of content since January 2020. Christ.
    So you say you haven't done 7.1, 7.2, variants and boss rushes because you waited for the really hard, challenging events to come. Or you done all that with one finger and got really bored.
    I did it for the rewards, which were great. But I wasn’t challenged by it particularly. This is what the end game community has asked for, challenging content with great rewards and so far it looks like kabam have delivered.

We’ve put up with content that wasn’t aimed at us for 18 months, now it’s the Cavs turn to put up with content that isn’t aimed at you. If you want to complain, by all means go ahead. But it won’t really be received well.
    Again, I m complaining because the event is advertised as one for Cavaliers also. Especially the first four fights. Which is false. I have no problem at all you guys getting your new thing, just don't false hope the rest of the community.
    The thing to remember is that this content isn't geared specifically towards cavalier players, it’s meant for thronebreakers and late cavs, however it is open to do for any Cav and above player. Just because a player has access to a piece of content doesn’t mean they are entitled to be able to complete it at that time.

From my point of view, this event is a win for cav players. If you have a good counter and are skilled enough, then you get to choose a certain percentage of a T5CC based on how many fights you win, along with the possibility of a 6* class nexus as well. All of this comes with no energy cost, no entry limits, and a full week to attempt each fight.

As a cav player myself, I don’t believe that this event is impossible for the rest of us cavs to complete. I got Rogue down to about 26% in one run with my R4 She Hulk, then used 2 revives because I lost my rhythm and played like a scrub. I’m not exactly the most skilled player, so I feel like generally, other cavs should be able to complete this as well.
    Well said my friend. Good luck in the event!
  • FathersunFathersun Posts: 6
    Why has no one brought up Silver Centurion yet?

Not only is he Tech but he has Slow on heavy. Anyone with slow or stagger on command would do good here.

But beyond that his debuffs are passive, thereby not being shrugged off quicker than normal. This champ is Goated for this fight
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Fathersun said:

Not only is he Tech but he has Slow on heavy. Anyone with slow or stagger on command would do good here.

But beyond that his debuffs are passive, thereby not being shrugged off quicker than normal. This champ is Goated for this fight

His heavy range is not great. I think you need to have a full combo to get the debuffs on the defender. You also need him awakened to make it passive from what I remember.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

List of rouge options I’ve seen so far:
    Quake (if you can quake she’s probably the easiest)
    Ghost
    She hulk
    Havok
    Sorcerer supreme
    Dragon man (not seen full solo but have seen close so probably can)
    Corvus (not seen solo either but can do some good damage)

I beat her with my apocalypse…at 4 charges apocalypse can stun into her block (which helps to push her back a bit) and his prowess’ are higher so better special damage. Took me 4 goes
    AntzRodz said:

Suku6 said:

MCOC Team said:

Greetings Summoners!

The wait is finally over, and at long last, the Summer of Pain has Begun!

We are presenting a special challenge for those who have become Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1) or higher. Starting June 16, we will be releasing challenging Side-Quests weekly that consist of just ONE fight. But these fights will be against notoriously dangerous, challenging, and frustrating encounters from throughout The Contest!

Each week, for 9 weeks, a new fight will be featured and the previous week’s fight will be removed. So don’t miss a week of punishment! To further increase the difficulty, starting from the 4th week the fights will also have difficult Solo Objectives for you to try and overcome. The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before. (Since we’re feeling charitable, that challenge will remain open for TWO whole weeks).

But what is to be gained from all this pain? 1x Gold. What? You want more? Fine. As you win fights and complete the Solo Objectives you’ll collect points that upgrade the rewards you can collect at the end of the event, all the way up to rewards such as a 6-Star Class Nexus Crystal and Tier 5 Class Catalyst Selectors! This is done with Peak Milestones. That means you won't receive any rewards along the way, but at the end of the Summer of Pain, you'll receive rewards based on how many points you earned from each of the Fights and Objectives along the way!

So don’t delay, get ready for fun in the sun as you feel the SUMMER OF PAIN!

EDIT: With the first Quest in the Summer of Pain launching this week, we want to add some clarity regarding who the Quests and Objectives will be available to.

Each week for 9 weeks this Summer, we will be releasing a new addition to the Summer of Pain. These Quests will be available to all Summoners that have earned the title of Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1).

Starting with Week 4, we will be introducing Special Objectives that add an extra level of challenge to each of the Quests. These objectives will only be available to Summoners that have earned the title of Thronebreaker (by completing Act 6 Chapter 4, and possessing a Rank 3 6-Star Champion).

This means that if a Cavalier Summoner completes each of the Quests and earns the maximum number of points available to them, they will be able to obtain Milestone #6.

We apologize for missing this information in our earlier communications.

Guys please remove or reduce that blocking penetration, because wow! Its too much
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit Well not right when it's clearly mentioned it's for those above cavaliers will get an opportunity to compete this quest.. then why is there a upper hand for throne breaker players getting the edge and earning Extra point's. Via solo objectives... Why not give the rewards instantly so that some player's who are close to becoming TB can get their reward and try for all rewards rather just defeating 9 bosses.. complete ****...
    Become TB by playing the rest of the game. As many have mentioned, it's now more available than ever with all the t5cc selectors in Story and Variants, etc. Beat the Grandmaster, rank up a 6 star champ and become TB. Then you will be eligible. There actually may be time for you to do it before the event is over. As far as getting your rewards right away, they can't because it scales with each milestone. This event is an exercise in patience, as is the game itself. Have patience, be active and you will advance. Best of luck!
    edited June 2021
    Alyzan said:

I'm hoping that a couple weeks we get some fights that are a little more fun as much as they are challenging. This first one was not bad in my book but just not very fun/didnt feel super good to solo it. Also hope the fight thats haunted are dreams before is pre-nerf champion. It was my favorite fight in the whole game

I think it's entirely possible that No Retreat Champion may come back to have a chat with us at some point in this event. 🙂
    I'm also wondering what older fights may resurface. I know there were some nightmare fights in The Contest (relative to the state of the game at the time). My memory is just not that great. Hmmm, could a 120k version of Slashed Tires Juggs be made relevant with today's attackers? Maybe..
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    Jaded said:

https://youtu.be/_gz0jKDSu6E

This is satisfaction guaranteed!!

You’re lucky she didn’t smack you into oblivion around the 2min mark. She just turtled instead.
    Well sometimes at this level you deserve a bit of luck eh
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

MCOC Team said:

all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before.

6.1.6 prenerf Crossbones, the Collector, or Infinity War/Endgame Thanos? 'cause those three, actually, no joke, no irony, haunted my dreams before.
    6.1.5 Crossbones wasn’t nerfed. He got a sideways change from biohazard to poison, which hurt Corvus and Omega (and now apocalypse). His attack and HP remained and he was buffed.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Given the first fight this event could be awesome bringing back the most notorious bosses/fights from different challenges through out the years. Hope they don’t go to far with it but would be cool if the additional TB challenges add those extra portions that made them somewhat broken in their time ie no retreat champion, slashed tired jugs fully noded, etc(not looking forward to it but would be a great added touch)

Great combination of nostalgia and challenge. Hopefully nothing gets introduced that isn’t realistic to solo with the right skill(even if insanely hard). Would be great to not get a suped up abyss collector or something like that were you won’t solo no matter what . Make it a challenge and hard but not something that no matter the skill or effort you have to throw a bunch of revives at it.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★
    Lvernon15 said:

List of rouge options I’ve seen so far:
    Quake (if you can quake she’s probably the easiest)
    Ghost
    She hulk
    Havok
    Sorcerer supreme
    Dragon man (not seen full solo but have seen close so probably can)
    Corvus (not seen solo either but can do some good damage)

I soloed her with Domino. Who needs slow?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Fathersun said:

I know @Demonzfyre has a silver centurion ranked up, have you tested him at all there?
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    DrDrill said:

Spider Man Stealth suite doesn't apply slow to her?!! I tried multiple times, it doesn't trigger it at all! but the stacks gets lower every time with no avail

Slow doesn't work when you have class disadvantage genius
  • NightRidah240NightRidah240 Posts: 12
    If I become thronebreaker during the 4th or 5th week of this summer of pain, will I unlock the objectives upon restarting the game?
  • RicckkRicckk Posts: 1
    edited June 2021
    Doom is doing great,his block dmg is awesome and due to armor not taking much dmg when stuck and may I know what's in next week?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

MCOC Team said:

all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before.

6.1.6 prenerf Crossbones, the Collector, or Infinity War/Endgame Thanos? 'cause those three, actually, no joke, no irony, haunted my dreams before.
    6.1.5 Crossbones wasn’t nerfed. He got a sideways change from biohazard to poison, which hurt Corvus and Omega (and now apocalypse). His attack and HP remained and he was buffed.
    He was given Arc Overload instead of Vigor which is MUCH MUCH easier to deal with. So yeah, nerfed
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

Fathersun said:

I know @Demonzfyre has a silver centurion ranked up, have you tested him at all there?
    I tried. Couldn't get a slow on her very easily. But he still does okay damage through his passive plasma and incinerates. If you are looking to just combo her, he can probably work. Just have to manage brawl.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Fathersun said:

I tried. Couldn't get a slow on her very easily. But he still does okay damage through his passive plasma and incinerates. If you are looking to just combo her, he can probably work. Just have to manage brawl.
    Hav u try the lights to make the space better
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Fathersun said:

I have. Just not great with the timing.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Fathersun said:

I have. Just not great with the timing.
    All good I’m wish I’m had him to test it my self
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Spent two revives with quake.

The trick is to value the shards at what you'd be willing to pay in units (its different for everyone) and thats your pot budget. If you think you'll get it done under budget, go for it

• ubergamer11ubergamer11 Posts: 41
    Couldnt do it. approx. 60 tries. Used maxed 5* Dragon, Shulk,SS. Never got her below 70%. Wasted few revives n potions also. No regrets but reading all comments of people solo her ( someone even did it with 2*) makes me think just how??
    I explore cav. every month without any revives. Can anyone tell me how much tough it is compared to cav. difficulty.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Couldnt do it. approx. 60 tries. Used maxed 5* Dragon, Shulk,SS. Never got her below 70%. Wasted few revives n potions also. No regrets but reading all comments of people solo her ( someone even did it with 2*) makes me think just how??
    I explore cav. every month without any revives. Can anyone tell me how much tough it is compared to cav. difficulty.

It just removes the ability to parry from you (or do so with a large penalty). So it could be just that you’re relying too much on parries to get your openings.
  • ricknmorty_ricknmorty_ Posts: 18
    Suku6 said:

Wicket329 said:

Suku6 said:

Suku6 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Suku6 said:

MCOC Team said:

Greetings Summoners!

The wait is finally over, and at long last, the Summer of Pain has Begun!

We are presenting a special challenge for those who have become Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1) or higher. Starting June 16, we will be releasing challenging Side-Quests weekly that consist of just ONE fight. But these fights will be against notoriously dangerous, challenging, and frustrating encounters from throughout The Contest!

Each week, for 9 weeks, a new fight will be featured and the previous week’s fight will be removed. So don’t miss a week of punishment! To further increase the difficulty, starting from the 4th week the fights will also have difficult Solo Objectives for you to try and overcome. The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before. (Since we’re feeling charitable, that challenge will remain open for TWO whole weeks).

But what is to be gained from all this pain? 1x Gold. What? You want more? Fine. As you win fights and complete the Solo Objectives you’ll collect points that upgrade the rewards you can collect at the end of the event, all the way up to rewards such as a 6-Star Class Nexus Crystal and Tier 5 Class Catalyst Selectors! This is done with Peak Milestones. That means you won't receive any rewards along the way, but at the end of the Summer of Pain, you'll receive rewards based on how many points you earned from each of the Fights and Objectives along the way!

So don’t delay, get ready for fun in the sun as you feel the SUMMER OF PAIN!

EDIT: With the first Quest in the Summer of Pain launching this week, we want to add some clarity regarding who the Quests and Objectives will be available to.

Each week for 9 weeks this Summer, we will be releasing a new addition to the Summer of Pain. These Quests will be available to all Summoners that have earned the title of Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1).

Starting with Week 4, we will be introducing Special Objectives that add an extra level of challenge to each of the Quests. These objectives will only be available to Summoners that have earned the title of Thronebreaker (by completing Act 6 Chapter 4, and possessing a Rank 3 6-Star Champion).

This means that if a Cavalier Summoner completes each of the Quests and earns the maximum number of points available to them, they will be able to obtain Milestone #6.

We apologize for missing this information in our earlier communications.

Guys please remove or reduce that blocking penetration, because wow! Its too much
    Dude this event was advertised as supposed to be as hard as it gets. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Don't ask for nerfs just because you can't read where it says who this content is for.

I refuse to see this turn into another show up difficulty.
    No man, intercepting is another game. A parry mastery is what most people use, including myself. Well I guess all the content goes to those that have time.
    The node is called Invade. Has nothing to do with block proficiency. 300% increased attack while hitting into the block. Guess what, the attack can do that to the defender as well. Git gud.
    That is just a ridiculous comparison. I obviously read the node. How can u compare a 119k PI to a 11k PI?
    PI is a fairly useless number, all things considered. I ignore it completely going into fights.

Way back in the day when a lot of us endgamers started playing, it took a long time to even unlock parry and dexterity. It wasn’t even immediately apparent that they were things you needed. Learning to spot openings was a day one thing. It baffles me that a Cavalier player can say with a straight face that intercepting is too hard.

I... I just gave a “kids these days have it too easy” speech. Am I old now? I hate this.
    Do consider that we all start somewhere. You did not wake up and mastered intercepting. It probably took you years. So do not judge. I am one year and 7 months playing this game and intercepting is still hard for me. And yes you are right by saying back in the day. Now is not back in the day....
    i'm the same as you and i now know how to walk-up light intercept, standard intercept, heavy counter, throwing lights to control the space for a heavy counter and back drafts and i literally still have school. now i'm not bragging as these "skills" don't really come to me all the time, most of the time i get shafted by a map 5 aq opponent because of tiltedness but what i will say is take the time we have with the one week and practice practice practice until you get the solo on rogue, if not, you can complete other content in the game more suited for you.