**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Calling All Ghulk Fans

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Looking at an awakened 6* Ghulk and trying to decide if it’s worth investing in him.

I’ve honestly just pulled the 5/6* recently and never spent any time with him. I know Face Me is his main ability, but is he a viable champ for later content or just a one-trick pony?

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,476 ★★★★★
    He’s not the most fun champ to play and his damage and utility are somewhat lacking in the current meta (besides face me) but “face me” was enough for me to take him to rank 5. He’s pulled some weight for me in endgame content against starburst and certain fights against domino, Mephisto, and anyone who can deal that annoying passive degen. If you have the resources he’s a good champ to have ranked up because poison nodes are seeming to become more common on top of everything else and he’s good for those double whammies of passive degen and poison
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    I got a r2 unduped.. For me his use is for niche fights.. So I would say is more about where u are at game, what those resources to r2 worth for u..

What I mean, I have him as a r2, I barely use him but I don't regret the rank up. Example is terrax in gauntlet, don't have namor so he did the fight for me, also ibom fight.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I have him at r2 and haven’t used him in god knows how long, if you want w champ who does extremely well in the earlier variants, he’s your guy, but once you’re past those he’s not hugely useful, and he’s not fun to use at all
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    @Valentinos13 @Maratox

Good points...I find his damage output so disappointing, especially given he’s a Hulk.

I’m hurting a little on 6* Science and sitting on a T5. Obviously, I’d prefer someone like Void (duped) or CapIW (duped) or Shulk or Torch, but I don’t have them. Ghulk would be niche and poison immune option. But he’s not overwhelming.

Dr. Zola
    Lvernon15 said:

I have him at r2 and haven’t used him in god knows how long, if you want w champ who does extremely well in the earlier variants, he’s your guy, but once you’re past those he’s not hugely useful, and he’s not fun to use at all

That’s my issue in a nutshell. Still need to knock out V1 Ch3 100%, but I’ve seen CGR wreck a lot of that content and I have him maxed as 5*. I could easily use R4 5* or R1 6* and run him in clean-up.

Just feels like the guy needs little more oomph.

Dr. Zola
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

@Valentinos13 @Maratox

Good points...I find his damage output so disappointing, especially given he’s a Hulk.

I’m hurting a little on 6* Science and sitting on a T5. Obviously, I’d prefer someone like Void (duped) or CapIW (duped) or Shulk or Torch, but I don’t have them. Ghulk would be niche and poison immune option. But he’s not overwhelming.

Dr. Zola

You nailed it. He's very niche. I took mine to R5 in prep for the Gauntlet as I don't have Namor or a better counter, but I wouldn't consider taking him to R3 as a 6* for a long time. Unless your science T5CC is going to expire, I would hold off for someone better.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    DrZola said:

@Valentinos13 @Maratox

Dr. Zola

Redhulk spidergwen and even miles can be or maybe will be better candidates for R3, if u maybe have them.. I did r2 ghulk but I wouldn't R3. Except it's for thronebreaker title.. I am at a point where I don't mind the rank up resources for a niche rank up, but if u are not at the same place. Maybe hold of a bit longer
    edited June 2021
    ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

@Valentinos13 @Maratox

Dr. Zola

You nailed it. He's very niche. I took mine to R5 in prep for the Gauntlet as I don't have Namor or a better counter, but I wouldn't consider taking him to R3 as a 6* for a long time. Unless your science T5CC is going to expire, I would hold off for someone better.
    I’ve got max 5* Namor, so I’m good there. I do have this crew of science 6*, but I think I’m just waiting for a decent dupe or a champ who’s solid out of the box. Cat isn’t expiring, so I’m ok there.

And I’m sitting on R3 Doom, Apoc and Warlock, so no need to rush a rankup. Just trying to get a better feel on my options.

Thanks for input all!

Dr. Zola
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I will say this:

He can cheese the hell out of some nodes and champions.

I R3'd mine-I'm now the Stunning Reflection Terrax counter on my team, for example. I used him in 7.2 as well. Not a waste of cats, which is saying something.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

@Valentinos13 @Maratox

Dr. Zola

I’ve got max 5* Namor, so I’m good there. I do have this crew of science 6*, but I think I’m just waiting for a decent dupe or a champ who’s solid out of the box. Cat isn’t expiring, so I’m ok there.

And I’m sitting on R3 Doom, Apoc and Warlock, so no need to rush a rankup. Just trying to get a better feel on my options.

Thanks for input all!

Dr. Zola
    Ghulk is definitely not a damage rank up, but his utility is still extremely uncommon in the game and that alone makes him worth taking to R2 (or r5 as a 5*). R3 is a harder sell. I’m not sure if I could advocate for that in good faith.

As for the rest of your roster, Spider-Gwen is a gem, and I’m considering taking my Mr. Fantastic to r3 unduped right now. If you run any of his synergy partners regularly, he’s worth it and I think he’s a great champ in his own right after his tune-up.

iHulk has also been getting some love lately, but I don’t know enough about him to offer an opinion.
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    He is super fun to play.
    He has nice kit.
    But, he needs some value update, imo.
    Waiting for him to get minor buff so that I can rank 5 him.

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    I R5 mine for the Gauntlet vs the Terrax.

He is very very niche but might come in handy.

I would only rank him if I have ranked everything else I need or when you run Degen lanes in map 6 AQ
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

@Valentinos13 @Maratox

Dr. Zola

Thanks for input all!

Dr. Zola
    @DrZola what did you end up deciding with gulk? I just pulled a 6 star and wondering what I have in him.

Btw I think LC, spider gwen, Mr f and I Hulk might be better options for you.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Seeing your roster, ihulk is a better option for you @thanks4playing

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

@Valentinos13 @Maratox

Dr. Zola

Thanks for input all!

Dr. Zola
    @DrZola what did you end up deciding with gulk? I just pulled a 6 star and wondering what I have in him.

Still holding off. Can’t justify Ghulk.

Dr. Zola

Seeing your roster, ihulk is a better option for you @thanks4playing

oh that wasn't my roster..
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

@Valentinos13 @Maratox

Dr. Zola

Thanks for input all!

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    yeah that's the conclusion I'm reaching too unfortunately. This continued streak of meh pulls is pretty deflating, but at least it's helping me play this game less and focus more on important stuff.

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

@Valentinos13 @Maratox

Dr. Zola

Thanks for input all!

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    yeah that's the conclusion I'm reaching too unfortunately. This continued streak of meh pulls is pretty deflating, but at least it's helping me play this game less and focus more on important stuff.
    It can get better...basic 6* yielded Prof X today for me. That’s a clutch pickup to join with my Apoc. I’m thinking I will just wait on science for now.

Dr. Zola