**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Drop rates not shown

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
oap254a157jc.jpeg
I’m interested as to why the drop rates for these crystals are not shown. They are purchased with units, like premiums and are purchasable in the store, like arena crystals. I can’t think of a reason why the drop rates aren’t shown?

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Any comment from Moderators on this?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Because you cannot purchase those with actual money.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Because you cannot purchase those with actual money.

Arena crystals?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I re-read the announcement here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/55022/drop-rate-information-in-the-contest#latest

I stand corrected. Drop rates should be shown.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I can’t think of a reason why the drop rates aren’t shown?
    Human error, to be irksome to pedants...?
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    I can’t think of a reason why the drop rates aren’t shown?
    Human error, to be irksome to pedants...?

I’ll add to my statement. Can’t think of a valid reason the drop rates aren’t shown.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    It should be shown. I would guess that the drop rates for the shards are the same as the drop rates for champions in a PHC.
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    "crystal shard crystals have a 100% chance to award crystal shards"

Those gold crystals are ridiculous
  • DrpancakesDrpancakes Posts: 102
    have you updated?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Drpancakes wrote: »
    have you updated?

I've updated and for the crystal shard crystals the rates don't show.
    Drpancakes wrote: »
    have you updated?

Yeah I’ve updated
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    "crystal shard crystals have a 100% chance to award crystal shards"

Those gold crystals are ridiculous

Agreed. There is a "rarity" level associated with how much gold is awarded each time. The "100% chance of gold" is VERY insulting.
  • Doomsday2144Doomsday2144 Posts: 21
    Well we know kabam's logic
  • Doomsday2144Doomsday2144 Posts: 21
    oap254a157jc.jpeg
    I’m interested as to why the drop rates for these crystals are not shown. They are purchased with units, like premiums and are purchasable in the store, like arena crystals. I can’t think of a reason why the drop rates aren’t shown?

Well it's a glitch
    Still no word? I think this should be addressed.
  • An article from 2018 might shed some light on why Kabam/Netmarble felt the need to start posting drop rates

https://www.shacknews.com/article/104291/south-korea-fines-free-to-play-game-publishers-for-shady-loot-box-practices

"South Korea Fines Free-To-Play Game Publishers For Shady Loot Box Practices
    The Fair Trade Commission has also required the companies review and reform their monetization practices..."

"Establishments have discussed if loot boxes and microtransactions should exist under gambling rules, protecting the younger demographic that largely make the practices profitable for developers and publishers. Their implementation in many mobile games and some console titles is seen as predatory and South Korea is taking action on a few of the biggest F2P game publishers in the industry. Gamasutra reports via The Korea Herald that Nexon Korea, Netmarble, and NextFloor all received fines."

"Nexon Korea, which was fined $882,700, is responsible for titles like Lawbreakers, MapleStory, and Korea's version of Counter-Strike. Netmarble was fined $14,100 and released games like Star Wars: Force Arena and Marvel: Future Fight. NextFloor is behind Destiny Child and was fined $4,700."

"Gamasutra's report claims the fines were specifically targeting how the companies promoted the random loot boxes and required that they all review and reform their monetization practices. The FTC claims Nexon's campaign specifically implied the crates all had an even chance of dropping, which wasn't accurate."

• TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★

An article from 2018 might shed some light on why Kabam/Netmarble felt the need to start posting drop rates

https://www.shacknews.com/article/104291/south-korea-fines-free-to-play-game-publishers-for-shady-loot-box-practices

"South Korea Fines Free-To-Play Game Publishers For Shady Loot Box Practices
    The Fair Trade Commission has also required the companies review and reform their monetization practices..."

"Establishments have discussed if loot boxes and microtransactions should exist under gambling rules, protecting the younger demographic that largely make the practices profitable for developers and publishers. Their implementation in many mobile games and some console titles is seen as predatory and South Korea is taking action on a few of the biggest F2P game publishers in the industry. Gamasutra reports via The Korea Herald that Nexon Korea, Netmarble, and NextFloor all received fines."

"Nexon Korea, which was fined $882,700, is responsible for titles like Lawbreakers, MapleStory, and Korea's version of Counter-Strike. Netmarble was fined $14,100 and released games like Star Wars: Force Arena and Marvel: Future Fight. NextFloor is behind Destiny Child and was fined $4,700."

"Gamasutra's report claims the fines were specifically targeting how the companies promoted the random loot boxes and required that they all review and reform their monetization practices. The FTC claims Nexon's campaign specifically implied the crates all had an even chance of dropping, which wasn't accurate."

That actually makes sense. Without disclosing the drop rates, the feature can be seen as a gamble that one would have to take.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    First of all, this is a Necro the likes of Diablo.
    Secondly, Apple changed their policies and Kabam respected their agreement with Apple.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Well now that this is here... can they buff these crystals? They are so bad, uncollected or not they have such little shards
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

Well now that this is here... can they buff these crystals? They are so bad, uncollected or not they have such little shards

Fr i just want some 4 star shards for iso.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    For some reason, the basic shard crystal offers more 4 star shards while the uncollected one offers less even though the UC one costs more.