**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

For those of you who have explored the Gauntlet

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I’m an average Thronebreaker level player and I’m getting myself prepared for the Gauntlet. I use the Quake and Bake style, so I know I’ll die a lot because of block damage but I can reliably parry, I can’t reliably use dexterity from the corner.

Here’s the team I think I’ll use:

Aegon
AA
Quake
Red Magneto
Heimdal

From my research, I think these are my primary attackers for each fight.

Path 1
Doom - Red Magento
Terrax - Quake
Vision - Red Magento/Aegon Ramp Up
MODOK - Red Magento/AA
Spider Ham - Quake/Aegon

Path 2
Weapon X - Max Aegon Ramp Up
Thing - Aegon
Korg - Aegon
Dragon Man - Red Magento/Aegon
BPCW - Aegon

Path 3
Nightcrawler - Aegon/AA
Spidergwen - Aegon/AA
Domino - Aegon
Mojo - Red Magneto/Quake
Immortal Abomination- Aegon/Quake

Path 4
Apoc - Aegon/Red Magento
Sasquatch- AA
Killmonger - Aegon
Void - Aegon/AA
Nick Fury - Aegon/AA

Thanos - Aegon

Am I missing anything? I’m fully prepared to use 100 revives but I’m hoping I can get a few solos with Aegon ramped up. I’ll start the Gauntlet with a Doom solo by Red Magento.

Any thoughts or advise is appreciated.

Thanks!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    I am also thinking to use almost the same team and strategy except Human torch and Proxima for your AA and heimdall.... I think proxima is better than heimdall because if you loose combo on weapon x than it will become difficult for aegon to ramp up in next fights....
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    shouldn’t be too bad if you can quake well
  • CarnageQueenCarnageQueen Posts: 37
    I am actually a below average Thronebreaker. But I believe I used less than 100 revives to achieve it.
    My team is 6r3 CG, 5r5 red mag, Namor, Aegon, and 5r2 Proxima for synergy only.
    I run suicides and used boosts.
    Had CG for Vision and Modok to get 3 missions done. Then CG will become very useful for each fights.
    Ramped up Aegon in X weapon to at least 350+ combo. Then Aegon will be very useful for Things and Korg. After Korg, your Aegon should be at least 600+ combo. Then CG and Aegon will be useful for most fights in the following.
    It’s easy to solo final boss by 999 combo Aegon as well.
  • The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★

I am also thinking to use almost the same team and strategy except Human torch and Proxima for your AA and heimdall.... I think proxima is better than heimdall because if you loose combo on weapon x than it will become difficult for aegon to ramp up in next fights....

AA will do way more than Proxima. Torch isn’t a bad idea though.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

I’m an average Thronebreaker level player and I’m getting myself prepared for the Gauntlet. I use the Quake and Bake style, so I know I’ll die a lot because of block damage but I can reliably parry, I can’t reliably use dexterity from the corner.

Here’s the team I think I’ll use:

Aegon
    AA
    Quake
    Red Magneto
    Heimdal

From my research, I think these are my primary attackers for each fight.

Path 1
    Doom - Red Magento
    Terrax - Quake
    Vision - Red Magento/Aegon Ramp Up
    MODOK - Red Magento/AA
    Spider Ham - Quake/Aegon

Path 2
    Weapon X - Max Aegon Ramp Up
    Thing - Aegon
    Korg - Aegon
    Dragon Man - Red Magento/Aegon
    BPCW - Aegon

Path 3
    Nightcrawler - Aegon/AA
    Spidergwen - Aegon/AA
    Domino - Aegon
    Mojo - Red Magneto/Quake
    Immortal Abomination- Aegon/Quake

Path 4
    Apoc - Aegon/Red Magento
    Sasquatch- AA
    Killmonger - Aegon
    Void - Aegon/AA
    Nick Fury - Aegon/AA

Thanos - Aegon

Am I missing anything? I’m fully prepared to use 100 revives but I’m hoping I can get a few solos with Aegon ramped up. I’ll start the Gauntlet with a Doom solo by Red Magento.

Any thoughts or advise is appreciated.

Thanks!

What you have here should be viable. I would aim to try and have Ægon at a 500 combo before korg if possible, the thorns damage from his rock stacks is very high, I tested it with a medium attack and I think I lost 8-10% health from a single hit, light intercepts are another good workaround though if you’re comfortable doing that.

How are you with intercepts? Just be aware that BPCW will be unblockable for pretty much the entire fight. Whenever he has an armour up buff all of his attacks are unblockable, so you’re going to have to play it carefully, if he hits you with the reflective armour active it’ll probably knock you out instantly. That fight may not be as straightforward as it seems on paper. On my run I used tigra for that one, since neutralise was triggering rupture constantly and keeping the arc overload and armour up buffs off him.

But overall that seems like a decent plan, you have good counters to some of the hardest fights so that’s definitely a bonus. Good luck with your run
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Think your team can do well. Only thing is make sure to have 300 or so potions ready
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Just remember to pop that 200% mutant boost for dragon man... I forgot on my first run at him and that was the only time I was able to get dragon man to play nice enough to reach an SP3.
    Remembering that boost (or just sucking it up and blitzing with Corvus) would’ve saved me about 600 units
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Aegon is not the best against apocalypse due to electric fluctuations, mags can do it, but it will be annoying. Heimdall imo is a wasted slot and it is better to use a more valuable champion. BPCW keep in mind aegon only access to daar which means footloose and arc overalod will still trigger, and the odd armor up from BPCWs abilities, IMO AA is a better option.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★

grfvb said:

100 revives is more than enough, you might need lots of HP potions, but certain low skill youtuber did it with 85 revives, so you'd be fine!

Prof Hoff?

I laughed, but that would be me if I tried the GG.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

100 revives is more than enough, you might need lots of HP potions, but certain low skill youtuber did it with 85 revives, so you'd be fine!

Prof Hoff?
    yeh but to be fair to him. he burnt that many coz he tried to be fancy and use high skill champs like ghost and quake.. he would've done it in half if he just focused on aegon and AA
    Doubtful
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Prof Hoff?
    yeh but to be fair to him. he burnt that many coz he tried to be fancy and use high skill champs like ghost and quake.. he would've done it in half if he just focused on aegon and AA
    Doubtful
    Yeah, I mean didn't it take him a huge amount of revives to do the Abyss easy path as well?
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    No need to pick on Prof Hoff - I like him. He speaks to the average player. Anyone else have thoughts on whether Heimdal is a wasted spot?
    Ebony_Naw said:

No need to pick on Prof Hoff - I like him. He speaks to the average player. Anyone else have thoughts on whether Heimdal is a wasted spot?

He also sometimes announces things before full details are out and therefore inadvertently spreads misinformation. I don't hate on him the way other guys do, but you need to take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt.

As for heimdall, I don't think he's quite a wasted spot for the average player. For a fight like mojo or Dragon Man, he allows you to get that much more damage for champs you've ramped up in fight such as AA magneto to get a few more good chunks of damage off the opponent. But at the same time, it definitely takes away from your team's versatility and if you're planning in reviving your way through, it may be worth considering adding another option for those fights where you may get roadblocked, to make sure you can actually push your way through.

For someone like what you've described, it isn't a question of yes or no to heimdall. I think the better question is heimdall or Champion ______
    Yeah for me I’m just thinking about Spider Ham. Venom or Fury could make that fight so much easier than having to quake an unstunable Spider Ham. I just know that I used Heimdal on John Mulaney’s challenge and be saved me a ton of revives.
    I have one more day to plan it out and then I’ll make my decision. I appreciate all input. If you guys think it’d be better to go with the following champs, let me know why:

All 5/65s

Torch
    Doom
    Ghost (but I suck at playing her)
    Fury
    Venom
    Apocalypse
    I just hope my Quake Parry method will still take off enough health before I die each time.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★

I have one more day to plan it out and then I’ll make my decision. I appreciate all input. If you guys think it’d be better to go with the following champs, let me know why:

All 5/65s

Torch
    Doom
    Ghost (but I suck at playing her)
    Fury
    Venom
    Apocalypse

don't bring Ghost if you suck at playing her lol
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 501 ★★★
    I used quake, ghost, wasp, aa and cgr
    I consider myself average and used about 25 revives overall. Half in thanos because I just didn’t get it.

Quake and AA were the mvps. I coulda subbed cgr for someone else but he did solo void so that’s good.

Quake and parry is gonna cost you a lot though.
  • rivetrivet Posts: 254
    edited June 2021
    I just did my run, used AA, Ageon, BWCV, Proxima and Heimdall, AA for doom, mojo and Sasquatch’s last health, BWCV for Terrax, the rest is all Ageon. Was initially want to bring Magneto instead of Heimdall, got the advice from alliance members, turns out Proxima and Heimdall are both superuseful, and once Ageon is ramped up, it’s all about him. I would replace red magneto with Proxima, most of the fight red mag does can be done with AA except dragonman, which you can use Ageon
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I only used basically aegon, mags, torch for mojo and sasq, Gulk for terrax.
    I'd rather bring proxima over Heimdall, ramping aegon is a long fight, and losing combo hurts. Over he's ramped, it's pretty much done
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    My gauntlet reward opening was so horrible it made me regret doing it.
    rivet said:

I just did my run, used AA, Ageon, BWCV, Proxima and Heimdall, AA for doom, mojo and Sasquatch’s last health, BWCV for Terrax, the rest is all Ageon. Was initially want to bring Magneto instead of Heimdall, got the advice from alliance members, turns out Proxima and Heimdall are both superuseful, and once Ageon is ramped up, it’s all about him. I would replace red magneto with Proxima, most of the fight red mag does can be done with AA except dragonman, which you can use Ageon

Thanks for that help - I don’t have Proxima but I do have Starlord.

How many revives/health potions did you use?