**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Arena Structure Feedback v2.0

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

Ok it seems some aren’t seeing the bigger issue with this change. These arenas are for UNCOLLECTED and up. Meaning 4*s are pretty much useless to them. For most that is. Outside of putting 270 units there and the bc there nothing there really for em. We don’t want or need 4* nexus crystals. The whole point of arena is to push players o the next higher arena. You are doing it backwards….I’m an arena grinder. I’ll tell ya now. No way I going to do 8 rounds of 4s in arena. That’s 16 hours total of wait time… you increased the effort here way more then was needed

The effort seems to have increased slightly to gain those units. Let me put it in terms of numbers. I could get approximately 600k points when I use my R4 and r5 4 star champs in a single round. With the old arena, I could get all the milestones in 3 rounds which is 210 minutes(3.5 hrs), get 120(2 hrs) minutes of 2 star and 120(2 hrs) minutes of 3 star arena. That's approximately 7.5 hrs of grinding. By using only 4 stars in the new arena, I need to grind 8.5 hours. The problem is I cannot grind them simultaneously. I need to wait for 4 stars to refresh or use 3 stars which yield less points.
  • dyrektor_pablo1dyrektor_pablo1 Posts: 12
    When getting a 4 star character from the arena, if I have this character already max sig, I should get szards for 5 star and it is not
  • Ivan394Ivan394 Posts: 18

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

How Hav the impact with the change for the 6 star to score almost the same as the 5 star or I’m missing understand it because if so that just bad for me

Its only in the basic arena. These changes are great
    @Kabam Miike can you please confirm this? Is the lowered points scoring for 6*s in the basic arena only (max milestone of 4 mil) and the usual scoring in the featured arena (max milestone 12 mil). If so then I believe this is an incredible update to make grinding less painful
    That is correct. 6-Stars only have their points reduced to match 5-Stars in the Basic Arena.
    does the dupe of basic champion give iso and shards or not?
    No. The Basic Hero has never given more than 1 Sig for a Champion, and that has not changed.
    what about the featured champion? i think one of them used to give dupe before.
    The Featured Champion will give a full Dupe, with ISO, Crystal Shards, Etc.
    Does this include the 3 and 4 stars from the milestones? Cause we're not getting the iso from those dupes

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    @Ivan394 said:

Cop123 said:

Cop123 said:

A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

How Hav the impact with the change for the 6 star to score almost the same as the 5 star or I’m missing understand it because if so that just bad for me

Its only in the basic arena. These changes are great
    @Kabam Miike can you please confirm this? Is the lowered points scoring for 6*s in the basic arena only (max milestone of 4 mil) and the usual scoring in the featured arena (max milestone 12 mil). If so then I believe this is an incredible update to make grinding less painful
    That is correct. 6-Stars only have their points reduced to match 5-Stars in the Basic Arena.
    does the dupe of basic champion give iso and shards or not?
    No. The Basic Hero has never given more than 1 Sig for a Champion, and that has not changed.
    what about the featured champion? i think one of them used to give dupe before.
    The Featured Champion will give a full Dupe, with ISO, Crystal Shards, Etc.
    Does this include the 3 and 4 stars from the milestones? Cause we're not getting the iso from those dupes

I could not locate the clarification post. There is only sig stone increase for milestone champ in the featured arena and nothing else.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Ok it seems some aren’t seeing the bigger issue with this change. These arenas are for UNCOLLECTED and up. Meaning 4*s are pretty much useless to them. For most that is. Outside of putting 270 units there and the bc there nothing there really for em. We don’t want or need 4* nexus crystals. The whole point of arena is to push players o the next higher arena. You are doing it backwards….I’m an arena grinder. I’ll tell ya now. No way I going to do 8 rounds of 4s in arena. That’s 16 hours total of wait time… you increased the effort here way more then was needed

The effort seems to have increased slightly to gain those units. Let me put it in terms of numbers. I could get approximately 600k points when I use my R4 and r5 4 star champs in a single round. With the old arena, I could get all the milestones in 3 rounds which is 210 minutes(3.5 hrs), get 120(2 hrs) minutes of 2 star and 120(2 hrs) minutes of 3 star arena. That's approximately 7.5 hrs of grinding. By using only 4 stars in the new arena, I need to grind 8.5 hours. The problem is I cannot grind them simultaneously. I need to wait for 4 stars to refresh or use 3 stars which yield less points.
    You may want read all of what I said….everyone here seems fixated just on the units. That’s really all ya get out of trials that and bc. Phc and 4*s for 98% of uc and higher are useless. Instead of pushing people to goto basic and feature for rewards kabam doing the opposite
  • Tcole115Tcole115 Posts: 1
    I can’t access any the the character arenas ever since the Shang-chi update
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    Tcole115 said:

I can’t access any the the character arenas ever since the Shang-chi update

Because you not uc so u only have the trials
  • Fun4444444Fun4444444 Posts: 24
    Get rid of needing 4.4 million in summoner trials. You shouldn’t need to get more points in the summoner trials (where you use 4* and get 12k points) than in the 6* basic (where you use 5* and get 40k points).
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Oh.. and with those lovely shiny R4s many of us will be getting in the next year, good luck with using your 5*s to grind in the basic 😂

All they had to do was drop the milestones a little bit, say 10.5m for basic, maybe raise the 5* points slightly in the basic.. featured could have stayed the same, lowered the champs milestones.

These arenas will need to be revamped within the next year, if not sooner

You’ve made same point I have said from get go. Featured didn’t need changed at all. Featured should take a bit of effort. Trials shouldn’t of been touched either. After all it’s trials ment to be for those who getting into arena or those who don’t have enough high ranked 5 or 6s. Issue has always been basic. No reason basic should of been exactly the same as featured. None at all. They should of just designed the 6* points after the Sunday arena. Still less then u normally get but still a bit
  • MAYASMAYAS Posts: 12
    I quit the game before 4 months and was checking to see if they make it fun, but as usual they only do what they think its right without considering our time and effort.
    If its not fun just leave. My account was 1.8m and I quit
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 240
    Since yesterday, non-critical hits seem to be happening more often (across arenas, AQ, and other content) with seemingly lesser damage (than earlier non-crits). And in the more difficult streaks, opponents are again holding on to their sp1 and sp2. Just keep a check guys, in case it's a "bug".
  • pvrsunnypvrsunny Posts: 23
    I like the scoring system in basic and featured arenas, It is now quick to get all the milestones.
    I hate the summoner trails arena, now I have to grind more time for the same number of units.

I have over 70 2* champs maxed out and over 60 3* champs maxed out.
    Earlier 2* scoring (after multiplier*3) with 70 plus champs suppose I do around 24 arena steak, the points I get 24*2000 (approx) = 48000.
    Now 2* scoring (after multiplier*3), the points I get 24*5500 (approx) = 1,32,000.

For reaching milestones after the 11th we need 3,00,000 points for each milestone so we need to do approximately 55 streak with 2 stars. Then we get 14 units.
    Earlier I used to get 7 units for every 30,000 points and I have to do only 30 streak for 60,000 points and get 14 units.

The most annoying part is earlier 2* matchup is maxed 2* but now I am getting r3 4 stars as matchup which is tripling up the time taken for each fight

So technically all my maxed out 2 stars are wasted, except for the arena boost crystal there is no benefit for all the 3 star grinders as well.
    Finally kabam ruined the fun of grinding for me when all my maxed-out champs are sitting there idle.
    I am forced to use my r3 4 stars for grinding
  • rivetrivet Posts: 254
    I don’t quite understand people complaining needing more effort to get 1-5% in 6 star basic arena, the cutoff score is around 9M in 6 star basic, which means around 95 rounds if you use your r4 and r5 5 stars, in the previous system, the cutoff is around 24M, using 6 star, you may need 120 rounds or so, so the effort is less. Only loss is you get less units from milestones, but that is the unit distribution between the 3 arenas, which is a different point
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    theham said:

rivet said:

I don’t quite understand people complaining needing more effort to get 1-5% in 6 star basic arena, the cutoff score is around 9M in 6 star basic, which means around 95 rounds if you use your r4 and r5 5 stars, in the previous system, the cutoff is around 24M, using 6 star, you may need 120 rounds or so, so the effort is less. Only loss is you get less units from milestones, but that is the unit distribution between the 3 arenas, which is a different point

I missed the top 5% even after hitting 9m+ in the basic.

And the effort isn't less since summoner trials used to take 60 rounds for 2.15m but now needs 120. I have a whale roster and doing more work for less rewards now. Very discouraging for players who grinded for years building their 6 star rosters.
    On one hand I agreed with you that you can't hit top 5% with 9mm+ score in basic arena now, cause many players also think they can and thus many stop at around 10mm, turn out making a cutoff up-shift.

Whilst I disagree about the summoner trials. Under old 4* arena, I normally need to fight 120 rounds in order reach ~2.2mm score for a 4* champs. Now you can have 4mm point with similar rounds, their scoring system adjusted. (note: I didn't break any streak)

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    theham said:

Reference said:

theham said:

rivet said:

I missed the top 5% even after hitting 9m+ in the basic.

And the effort isn't less since summoner trials used to take 60 rounds for 2.15m but now needs 120. I have a whale roster and doing more work for less rewards now. Very discouraging for players who grinded for years building their 6 star rosters.
    On one hand I agreed with you that you can't hit top 5% with 9mm+ score in basic arena now, cause many players also think they can and thus many stop at around 10mm, turn out making a cutoff up-shift.

Whilst I disagree about the summoner trials. Under old 4* arena, I normally need to fight 120 rounds in order reach ~2.2mm score for a 4* champs. Now you can have 4mm point with similar rounds, their scoring system adjusted. (note: I didn't break any streak)

You must have used 4* boosts. I ran only r5 4* unboosted and it takes 120 rounds.
    No. I used boosts and shorten the rounds to 80 only.
    If you divided 4.4mm by 96, you got 45k. It is the normal score with r5 4*. Just depends on how many you have. I almost collected the entire champ roaster in 4* btw.