**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Weird Apocalypse aq bug against mutant ultron bot

Raj013Raj013 Posts: 35
edited June 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Happened today in map 5

When i fought mutant ultron bot, which is from a mutant class, so I'm supposed to get +2 charge at start of fight but that didn't happen. When i finished the fight apoc should gain +1 charge to win the fight even that didn't happen. And I don't think that is affected by ability accuracy reduction.

Although during the fight apoc was working as if he had 3pc i.e. his sp1 was applying both weakness and poision. So I thought it is a visual bug.

After restarting the same thing happened against the next mutant Ultron bot where pc was 1 and he was working like 3pc.
I thought the visual bug still persists but I attacked in block which would've stunned him but that's didn't happen too.

So 2 fights against mutants still no pc

Here is the weird part:
I fought the third mutant bot with corvus glaive (5/65 sig 70) and he gained 1 pc from mutant.
And to top that next fight with apoc I did gain +1 pc when I won. And during the aq i was able to ramp up apoc to 4pc.

So I'm still confused what happened and will try to record my fights in today's aq.

Comments

• DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
    Corvus gets a charge because the class type is mutant. Apoc doesn't gain charges because it is a robot and he doesn't gain charges against robots. Corvus will gain a mutant charge whether he's fighting an inhuman, human, robot, cow, or chair. Apoc's abilities state that he can't gain charges on robot fights, which don't necessarily need to be tech. So you fought a mutant robot and so Apoc didn't gain 2 charges.
  • Raj013Raj013 Posts: 35
    Well looks like I gotta read champion description thoroughly! Thankyou for your help @DawsMan 👍👏
    Raj013 said:

Well looks like I gotta read champion description thoroughly! Thankyou for your help @DawsMan 👍👏

No problem
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Looking at the description it may actually be a bug, in terms of where robots are mentioned, it’s only the knockout part, it doesn’t mention it for the 2 charges from mutant part
    Lvernon15 said:

Looking at the description it may actually be a bug, in terms of where robots are mentioned, it’s only the knockout part, it doesn’t mention it for the 2 charges from mutant part

Not a bug.

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

DawsMan said:

Lvernon15 said:

Not a bug.

That should all be in his description then, dev notes shouldn’t be necessary as an information source
    Lvernon15 said:

Zan0 said:

DawsMan said:

Lvernon15 said:

Not a bug.

That should all be in his description then, dev notes shouldn’t be necessary as an information source
    Ok. Doesn't mean it's a bug though. Also, in his description, it says beating a non-robot defender grants a charge. From there you can deduce that robot attackers are an exception and then say ok, they won't grant a charge. From there you would say a mutant robot should give me 2 right? But robots can't give ANY charges and therefore even if it is a mutant, it won't give him charges. It's not practical but another way is how this summoner figured it out, through experience.
    Zan0 said:

DawsMan said:

Lvernon15 said:

Zan0 said:

DawsMan said:

Lvernon15 said:

Not a bug.

Ok. Doesn't mean it's a bug though. Also, in his description, it says beating a non-robot defender grants a charge. From there you can deduce that robot attackers are an exception and then say ok, they won't grant a charge. From there you would say a mutant robot should give me 2 right? But robots can't give ANY charges and therefore even if it is a mutant, it won't give him charges. It's not practical but another way is how this summoner figured it out, through experience.
    There is flaw in your logic.
    Yeah so point it out or else that's as helpful as giving a fish a bike.
  • Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 146 ★★
    All these are valid points. I ran into this earlier (I just got apocalypse) His ability page needs to be updated to state he doesn't gain charges against robots. Granted, there are no other mutant robots in game.
    Zan0 said:

DawsMan said:

Zan0 said:

DawsMan said:

Lvernon15 said:

Zan0 said:

DawsMan said:

Lvernon15 said:

Not a bug.

There is flaw in your logic.
    Yeah so point it out or else that's as helpful as giving a fish a bike.
    It doesn't say he can't gain charges from robots in his description.

It says he doesn't gain them from knocking out robots and It says he gains charges against all mutants at the start if the fight

You simply can't reasonably assume he doesn't gain charges against mutant robots at the start of fights from that info
    You're right. I misread.