**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does Dexterity Count as Two Buffs?

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
So when I was Fighting Mister Sinister I de es back because of Reflexes and got Dexterity Precision Buff and it added 1 Charge to the E.M.P Mod but when I hit the opponent while I still had the buff it added another Charge.

You can see this also in Incursions with Buff Cornucopia.

Why is is like this and does it count as two buffs when it is just one?

Comments

• DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

Well that’s kind of dumb considering almost no other buffs work that way but it is what it is

Well, I think it's because it's on a timer. Most indefinite buffs trigger, then disappear. Dexterity triggers then acts like a normal buff that has a timer. I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that and even as I explain it I can feel that I'm missing smt but that's to the best of my knowledge.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    It’s really weird. Dex is one buff but it triggers as two for multiple nodes; once when you dash back and get the buff and again when you hit the opponent and the timer starts till when the buff falls off. I didn’t know emp modification acted like that, but things like buffet that trigger when you get a buff can trigger and then retrigger if you wait until the timer resets to hit the opponent. Don’t know why this is the case but that’s how dex works for some reason.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

It’s because this was the way they chose to fix the mystic dispersion problem years back. Before retriggering dex fueled Md like anything

Ah yes... good ol' Dormammu bosses on the old war map.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

It’s because this was the way they chose to fix the mystic dispersion problem years back. Before retriggering dex fueled Md like anything

The horror of accidentally properly dexing instead of shallow dexing, then watching your opponents power bar go from 1 to 3.5, and your health tick down.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Kill_Grey said:

And all the magik mini bosses oh god

Kill_Grey said:

The horror of accidentally properly dexing instead of shallow dexing, then watching your opponents power bar go from 1 to 3.5, and your health tick down.
    Good thing I was doing war at like the lowest tier back then :D . People would rarely place with MD, or have a way to awaken Magik and dorm since it was so hard to do so back in the day.