**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

One Viewpoint: Most Needed Buffs

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
End of the month with things winding down in game, so I strolled through my roster and took a look at the champs I haven’t ranked or thought of in a while.

By class, here’s a list of champs I think are hurting most for a buff of some kind, if for no other reason just to make them somewhat relevant.

I was actually surprised to discover there weren’t more than a few in each class—granted, some champs not on my list could use help, but in any game there have to be middle of the road characters. While not on anyone’s wish list, middling champs are in my view less in need of an immediate buff (think: Modok or Mordo).

In a few spots, I included (Dis)Honorable Mentions.

Skill: Karnak, CWBP, Agent Venom
DHM: Elektra

Science: Rhino, AntMan, Sentry
DHM: OGSpidey

Mutant: Cykes, Beast, DPX

Cosmic: Groot, Drax, SIM
DHM: OGCM

Tech: Rocket, IP, GG

Mystic: Iron Fist, Juggs, Dorm

Not exhaustive, but when I look at the champs above, it’s hard not to see them as the most disappointing pulls of each class. Several of them are on my 6* roster, and all are on my 5* slate. Most are old and simply not up to date with the current game state. Updating them, even a bit, would be great.

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★

I think Black Bolt deserves a buff, so forgotten he isn’t mentioned in the forgotten champs threads

Not Really...A high sig Black bolt with Medusa and Hit monkey synergy hits like a truck after a little bit of ramping up...i think Dr Zola's List was about champs who cannot even be salvaged with synergies...
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    still pushing for that beast buff I see.

Going to join the rank 3 beast train like a couple other people on here?
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Didnt IP just get a buff? Never use him and dont hear about it at all
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

still pushing for that beast buff I see.

Going to join the rank 3 beast train like a couple other people on here?

Haha. Not with so many other good mutants out there. But...he should be on the buff short list.

Do I think lists like this matter? Who knows? But they at least get someone’s attention because they always get mothballed to another site in the forums.

Dr. Zola
    Drenlin said:

I don’t think so, but I could have missed it.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Drenlin said:

Dr. Zola
    No spidey was correct it was war machine I was thinking of. Too many damn iron men out there
    Drenlin said:

DrZola said:

Drenlin said:

Dr. Zola
    No spidey was correct it was war machine I was thinking of. Too many damn iron men out there
    Yep.

What I would also offer is that these champs don’t have to become best in class—just useful and fun to play.

I think about Hulkbuster, Falcon, even Pun2099. Solid improvements that make a champ a decent team member. Not every buff has to be Magneto level.

Dr. Zola
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Not everyone is getting buffed because there needs to be bad champions in crystals
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,900 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Drenlin said:

DrZola said:

Drenlin said:

Dr. Zola
    Yep.

What I would also offer is that these champs don’t have to become best in class—just useful and fun to play.

I think about Hulkbuster, Falcon, even Pun2099. Solid improvements that make a champ a decent team member. Not every buff has to be Magneto level.

Dr. Zola
    I agree, I think a buff is good when it doesn’t physically pain me to bring the champion on my questing team anymore. They’ve got their uses, can take a few fights, serve a purpose higher than purely synergy fodder.

Not everyone is getting buffed because there needs to be bad champions in crystals

There always will be. New buffs elevate champs and by doing so move other champs down into the meh tier by comparison starting the cycle all over again
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

End of the month with things winding down in game, so I strolled through my roster and took a look at the champs I haven’t ranked or thought of in a while.

By class, here’s a list of champs I think are hurting most for a buff of some kind, if for no other reason just to make them somewhat relevant.

I was actually surprised to discover there weren’t more than a few in each class—granted, some champs not on my list could use help, but in any game there have to be middle of the road characters. While not on anyone’s wish list, middling champs are in my view less in need of an immediate buff (think: Modok or Mordo).

Not exhaustive, but when I look at the champs above, it’s hard not to see them as the most disappointing pulls of each class. Several of them are on my 6* roster, and all are on my 5* slate. Most are old and simply not up to date with the current game state. Updating them, even a bit, would be great.

Dr. Zola

Remove Groot and this list will be perfect
    ItsDamien said:

Yes and no.

If we go by the assumption that all champs will eventually get a buff of some sort, it'll just raise the bar of what a "bad" champs is. In doing this we'll also see the middle ground of "okay" champs grow immensely, and showcase just how busted some of the "top" champs are.

There will always be a hierarchy of Bad to Great even if everyone is eventually buffed.
    You said it way better than I did
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I have Karnak, Antman and Groot
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Yes and no.

If we go by the assumption that all champs will eventually get a buff of some sort, it'll just raise the bar of what a "bad" champs is. In doing this we'll also see the middle ground of "okay" champs grow immensely, and showcase just how busted some of the "top" champs are.

There will always be a hierarchy of Bad to Great even if everyone is eventually buffed.
    Alright that seems fair
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Imo
    Spidey, og cap and cap ww2 need it more than sentry for sure
    UC, Thor jf more then dorm
    Skill rag Thor and moon knight also should be there. I actually have r2 Karnak over rag Thor
    Tech og im more then gg for sure. At very least could've mention him
  • PrezRio4PrezRio4 Posts: 84
    Aleor said:

Imo
    Spidey, og cap and cap ww2 need it more than sentry for sure
    UC, Thor jf more then dorm
    Skill rag Thor and moon knight also should be there. I actually have r2 Karnak over rag Thor
    Tech og im more then gg for sure. At very least could've mention him

I dont get why OG Cap and WW2 are not always in surveys. I think they are so so simple that many people sleep over them, even looking at bad champs. OG Cap does almost nothing but heals you with willpower...
    @Mauled and @Aleor all good suggestions. VP was actually on the cusp but I decided to go with OGCM. Honestly, nearly all OG champs need something or, in the alternative, should just be treated like the “entry level” champs you get in a console game.

MK is a good add, but I felt like he got some decent synergy love. I omitted UC because I didn’t want to include trophy champs. Cap WW2...my 6* is awakened and I cry for how good he used to be so long ago.

Anyway...always some adds possible. I’d just like there to be some kind of Top 20 that is always in the minds of the team when they look to see who gets improved.

Cheers!

Dr. Zola
  • MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    @DrZola that's a really good list. Well done.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I like the way you are thinking. Imo, the most needed buffs are champs who have nothing to offer. Kinda like OG Spidey - what is there to him? Some weakness, maybe armor break. His hits aren't bad but his kit is empty. When awakened he can evade, but anyone w Venom or patience can deal w that. He has no reasonable synergies either.

I also fully support the idea that some champs must be mediocre and I feel like that's where some of the buffs aim. Look at DDHK for example - he has some value and unique kit, but he is mediocre. Has something to offer (miss counter, purify) but is outshined by better champs
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    Green Goblin can be annoying to fight at times. Not sure he needs a ton to be useful again.
  • StarheckStarheck Posts: 25
    The first few hero that defined what godtier is.
    Capt OG & Starlord.

Starlord is still okay, but he just meh compare to another combo heroes like Aegon, Guil2099.
    I know it would broke the rule, coz synergy Aegon & Starlord wow crazy, but Starlord i really think deserve the buff.
    And Cap OG is just a joke, i think no one even consider rank him up high. If he doesnt belong to god tier class, at least he deserve top spot.

As an old timer, kinda nostalgic if Kabam have a will to buff them.
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Who is DHM

Who is DHM

Stands for (Dis)Honorable Mention. An extra champ that was close to making the top 3.

Dr. Zola
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Please Buff Karnak and make him Really Good. Like Act 6 and Above Good.

Definitely not because I have an awakened 5 and 6* Karnak