**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ronin Changes

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    GJ making his sig ability useful and viable instead of punishing and unwanted. One of the bigger hang ups I had with him in the past. You traded his ramp up for nothing but now you’ll actually want to use it to your advantage to get ins and increase your damage output.

Also Nice to see bigger numbers for bleed as opposed to what was largely previously seen as insignificant.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Catmanndo said:

I don’t understand the nerf with the timer against non bleed opponents.
    Can you @Kabam Miike explain why this was added? My impression of these buffs was to improve upon and not detract from their kits.
    Thanks

I’m looking - what’s the wording on this?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Catmanndo said:

Catmanndo said:

I don’t understand the nerf with the timer against non bleed opponents.
    Can you @Kabam Miike explain why this was added? My impression of these buffs was to improve upon and not detract from their kits.
    Thanks

Intuitively it’s tied to the change of his signature ability which now allows him to keep his crit damage while evading. Against bleed immunes with no cooldown he’d be able to have a reckless loop allowing him to maintain his evade along with his damage.
    So what happens when you have the champ unawakened? it’s clearly a penalty.
    It adds an insignificant ramp up at the end of his loop. Do You play a high ranked unawakened ronin or you’re arguing for the sake of it?

This is the kind of thing that would’ve made ronin worthy of a rank up for me back when he was an option, in spite of a slightly longer ramp up against bleed immunes.
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 738 ★★★
    I have both awakened 5* and unawakened 6* versions, but after reading and processing Miike’s reply, I’m taking a knee on this topic. I’ll wait till his buff goes live and see how he plays
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Catmanndo said:

So lackluster, my excitement for waiting on buffs has become completely numb. Nova, DDHK and now Ronin, does Kabam think these changes are enough for players to invest end user resources on? I was optimistically expecting better…

These Buffs are not solely for End Game players. In fact, I think if could be said they're not really aimed at End Game players at all. Giving more players more options for Champions to deal with certain Challenges really benefits players with a smaller roster, though you'll still get a Champion update every now and then that really skyrockets a Champion to the top of everybody's Roster.
    I think there is no point in calling it a buff then. Just two buffs a month and then every once in a while a couple champs get numbers updates at the same time. Because I have a smaller roster and I still don’t think I’ll use him and I have at 6 star dupe. (Somehow I duped him in my 4th six star crystal). I think I speak for everyone when we see a magneto level buff sometimes and crossbones level sometimes or even she hulk. That’s better even though everyone knows not every champ has to be amazing, just some. Like the og characters from the game.
    That's the problem. People hear the word buff and they develop the expectation it will be some massive change that makes them End-Game or God Tier. That's something that's taken place for as many years as I can remember. Something good comes along and people call that the new standard.
    These revisions aren't explicitly aimed at making Champs End-Game worthy. They're aimed at making them more viable in the overall current state of the game than they were previously. Not necessarily MUCH more, although that sometimes happens. Just not everytime. It's about bringing them closer to the middle more than anything.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Where’s the spotlight
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Well people were crying that he does not need any kind of buff. Maybe kabam acknowledged this and made last minute changes to keep him almost same........ Now people are crying that he did not got a good buff....

We are complaining because it's a waste of a buff spot.
    Mike said if it wasn’t ronin, it would have been someone else. It was clear their intentions were to give a value buff to a champ this week.

I’m not sure how to feel about the buff, but hopefully the pay off is bigger.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Well people were crying that he does not need any kind of buff. Maybe kabam acknowledged this and made last minute changes to keep him almost same........ Now people are crying that he did not got a good buff....

Mike said if it wasn’t ronin, it would have been someone else. It was clear their intentions were to give a value buff to a champ this week.

I'm willing to wait until the update before I make any judgments. What's funny is I have multiple five star skills with great utility and yet often times I find myself enjoying fighting with Ronin more because of his stacking bleeds.

So we'll see what happens..
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    I honestly think they maybe should just do overhauls and moderate buffs. Just scrap the tune up buffs.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

The problem is that Ronin is one of those Champs where both his utility and damage are equally important to retaining his place in the meta. In fact, I'd probably say that the utility is a little more important to him, as his versatility is what made him so popular, and the damage is already quite amazing after the Sp3.
    In the perfect world let’s hope there is actually a place for him. Some minor tweaks have taken champs from the bottom of the game to the top of the game. I’m not a consistent Ronin player but he has been on the list for my next rank three champion. There are some things I am happy about within the kit. I am excited about testing him, also combining the evade to get more damage.

If we are being real, most likely this will either make him stronger or very lateral.

The cooldown on immune seems long, but we said the same thing about falcon lock on and it is fine.

I just ask that ronin players wait to see what the buff is like.
  • ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 405 ★★★
    Considering what Ronin is, would’ve been nice if they gave him a Contempt feature like they did Crossbones that would give him crazy bonuses against villain characters. That would’ve made this buff worth it and him a lot more useful.
  • RJustice_209RJustice_209 Posts: 213 ★★
    How about giving him the same consideration like other champs...a synergy with his doppelganger. Did Kabam miss that?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    ShoNuff29 said:

Considering what Ronin is, would’ve been nice if they gave him a Contempt feature like they did Crossbones that would give him crazy bonuses against villain characters. That would’ve made this buff worth it and him a lot more useful.

Or considering the mcu ronin, a contempt against mercenaries might be interesting.
    edited June 2021
    H3t3r said:

I honestly think they maybe should just do overhauls and moderate buffs. Just scrap the tune up buffs.

I have a feeling if they release the list of who fits under what category, that by getting rid of tune-ups some very notable Champs might get screwed over and really have to wait until they are very out of the meta before getting buffed.

H3t3r said:

If they scrapped tune ups we wouldn’t have champs like Angela, Moleman and punisher 2099.

Scrapping the tune ups is not the answer. It’s the degree of which the numbers are tuned up/down. I think recently kabam are playing it a little safe personally, I’d like to see them go a little further.
    I mean one of the big reasons they're playing it safe is they don't want to have to dial somebody back and go through this whole outrage where people are demanding rank down tickets or other compensation. If you inch somebody up and it's better but not by much there still room to improve whereas if there is a situation similar to Namor or in some ways similar to what happened with hood 2.0 and they decided to scale back, the community, not just in the forums but everybody would be up in arms about it and it becomes this whole disaster.