**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Incinerate kills

These events should scale. Everyone can do a medium hit while very few can cause incinerate damage. Can this be reviewed for posssible change?

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    How many champs incinerates? Hyperion, Red Hulk and ... ?
  • Ca5520Ca5520 Posts: 28
    Wait till u have to finish the fight with a special move and you come up against Gwenpool! See how many moan then lol
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Gp, gg, vulture, xbones and a couple others can also incinerate
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    These events should scale. Everyone can do a medium hit while very few can cause incinerate damage. Can this be reviewed for posssible change?

I agree that while we can try to use incinerate champs to try scoring an incinerate kill for the extra 4000pts, however it is MUCH harder to execute it (vs the medium attack kill)

Anyway, for refresher, here's a very good updated info-diagram:

23004425_1782348391783502_8067154061960373665_o.jpg?oh=afbfa79f354ac57a62f1f6df6e92b717&oe=5AA0A281
  • jp2835jp2835 Posts: 147
    Only 9/100+ !!!
    That's very bad
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited November 2017
    An alliance mate came up with this list.

1) Agent Venom
    2) Cable
    3) Crossbones
    4) Falcon
    5) Gwenpool
    6) Hyperion
    7) Phoenix
    8) Red Hulk
    9) Vulture

For most of those champs, I can't consistently kill an enemy with incinerate. Some require a special 2 to incinerate, and that might kill the enemy before the burn does, or the burn might run out right before they die, leaving no room to try again.

Finishing off an enemy with a medium hit is easy to control. This is barely worth trying.
    Those 9 champs you listed plus Green Goblin, Mephisto and Winter Soldier are all the incinerate champs in the game. (12 total)

EDIT: shchong2 beat me to it.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Yeah Kabam clearly didn't think this through. over 800K with DOT kills is so stupid.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    An alliance mate came up with this list.

1) Agent Venom
    2) Cable
    3) Crossbones
    4) Falcon
    5) Gwenpool
    6) Hyperion
    7) Phoenix
    8) Red Hulk
    9) Vulture

For most of those champs, I can't consistently kill an enemy with incinerate. Some require a special 2 to incinerate, and that might kill the enemy before the burn does, or the burn might run out right before they die, leaving no room to try again.

Finishing off an enemy with a medium hit is easy to control. This is barely worth trying.

Excellent list @ Jason :)

To add a few more who can also do some incineration damage:-
    10) Mephisto
    11) Winter Soldier
    12) Green Goblin
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    So, while I agree incinerate makes it more difficult, it gives you points for finishing any fight. It's just easier when you are getting the bonus.

It doesn't stop you from participating if you don't have incinerate, it's just more of a grind.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    The problem with some like ws can do a bleed with his Incinerate so what if they die from bleed first.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Its just like any other solo event - do it or skip it. We cant do all solo events without compromising balance to other aspects of life.

On paper, its gonna be more tedious, but achievable, since you’re missing out on bonus points.... but you’ll get there. One way or another.
  • Well dont fret too much. I used incinerate to finish off 3 opponents in the event quest but did not receive the extra 4k points on any turn for doing so. The incinerate msg appeared on the righthand side with each kill.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    That's what makes it a challenge. It's interesting. Personally I'm enjoying the variations.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Doing the easy monthly paths with Hype and just spamming L1s. Super fun and interactive event Kabam!
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    cry me a river, you still get points for killing and more depending on what star char you use.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Too be fair hype really is the only "reliable" champ for this event, probably would have been better to make it a DMT ko-event but nonetheless still fun and changes up the normal routine.

I should also note that even a 3* duped hype has awesome damage output, I am able to down WS ROL in roughly 5minutes so its not terrible to decide to wreck with even a 3*.
  • Its just like any other solo event - do it or skip it. We cant do all solo events without compromising balance to other aspects of life.

On paper, its gonna be more tedious, but achievable, since you’re missing out on bonus points.... but you’ll get there. One way or another.

You can't really skip the solo events, although you can decide not to specifically devote special attention to them. That's actually what makes them nice to me: even if you ignore them completely you still get something if you play the game. If you want to try to do more, you can, but the game doesn't force you to change your playing habits to get some kind of reward.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The incinerate quest doesn't seem well thought out. I guess it's better than a cold snap quest but not much.
  • Drakon56Drakon56 Posts: 32
    best idea I've got is to use hyperion, on RTL and just use sp1 without doing a combo. depending on your hyperion's level, you can choose which chapter you want to do. the opponent shouldn't die during the sp1 itself, but to the incinerate.

thats only if you decide to prioritize this solo over other things like the event quest. My 5/50 hyperion is stuck on awd, so I'm not going for it, but this may come in handy to anyone serious on getting that solo down.

you can be sure that not many people will attempt to rank in this particular solo event, so you could try for rank rewards as well. great opportunity
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    I'm honestly loving the people in here complaining about it. "wahhh I can't swipe right to get everything handed to me" *stomps feet*

Grow up people, some stuff will be more challenging.
  • Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    Everyone under same condition
    If you complain about the choices are little.
    Then go grow ur rosters.
  • sha2356__sha2356__ Posts: 82
    @Kabam Miike , can we please speak about how unfairly this is balanced. Something applicable to all champions vs less than 10% of champions
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    They didn't say that every Vanquishing Blow would be a Basic Attack.
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    I totally understand the idea that some things should be harder than others. There should be variation, and players who focused on different things should have advantages on different days.

The issue is that 2/3rds of the points for the event come from the vanquishing blows, and some days those blows are easier while other days they are going to happen only 5% of the time. So if the milestones are fair and fun for one day, they're so difficult that they're not worth the effort on other days. If the milestones were set low enough to be doable every day, then they would be trivially easy on the other days. Neither of those setups is good.

It makes sense for there to be different milestones for different vanquishing blows. That way the events could be challenging every day.
  • Carme1974Carme1974 Posts: 231
    mgsbdj7df1as.jpg