**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who could possibly be the best counter?

The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I shouldn't be making a thread for this, but I thought I could stick to this thread hereafter for whatever doubts I have in the future, instead of making a thread each time.

The counter I wish to know for is Terrax. This mad guy is the sole reason for me to lose 2k 6 star shards this month :cry: .
I'll make sure to add a picture of my roster, but for starters, I don't have a Namor...

Anyways, best counters, guys? I would love to know why you state someone as the best counter too!
Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Any particular nodes or just any given Terrax?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Magik and champs with high energy resist?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Gladiator Hulk will activate Face Me! in Terrax’s rock field, making him a very effective option. Any non #metal champion with strong power control, such as Magik or Doctor Voodoo, are also strong counters.

Additionally, like @The_Sentry06 said, champions with high energy resist could be decent options for just taking the rock field to the face. The newly buffed up Bishop, for example, may prove to be a good option.
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Any particular nodes or just any given Terrax?

First, it's just Terrax lol.I've not yet met one with nodes :sweat_smile:
    edited June 2021

Magik and champs with high energy resist?

Unfortunately, I don't have Magik. High energy resistance though.... Hmm I might need to look into my roster now.

Edit 2: Too bad, I don't have Ghulk, Voodoo or Bishop. But yeah, I'm searching up my roster. All I can think of now is Guardian, and he's probably sig 60-ish...
    Thank you so much guys! I do have Claire... but the rock field damage seemed to high to mitigate. So my choice against him if I have to bare with that field is energy resist champs, or power control... hmm.... thank you all!
    We just finished the last part of the Apoc boss in our AQ. I tried and he already had 4 charges, and boi he wrecked, he hits so hard! What seems to be an ideal counter for a Stun-immune Apoc boss, and for further note, the Map 5 boss.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Power control champs are ideal counter for Terrax.
    Except those with metal tag.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Where is the terrax that's giving you trouble?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

We just finished the last part of the Apoc boss in our AQ. I tried and he already had 4 charges, and boi he wrecked, he hits so hard! What seems to be an ideal counter for a Stun-immune Apoc boss, and for further note, the Map 5 boss.

Learning to fight him stun immune helps. Also being the first to fight him helps since he won't have 4 charges. Use Tech Robots for Map 4 and 5 as they don't give charges if they lose.

Where is the terrax that's giving you trouble?

The Terrax from the Side quest legendary difficulty :sweat_smile:
    But it probably is my fault lol, I took CGR, HT and Archangel, and the damage from that rock field is, much higher than expected...
    ItsDamien said:

Learning to fight him stun immune helps. Also being the first to fight him helps since he won't have 4 charges. Use Tech Robots for Map 4 and 5 as they don't give charges if they lose.
    Hmm, I guess that's right. But my problem is a stun-immune Apoc, with beefy stats. I might be asked to take the fight in future any time, or probably a boss at war( Just in case... :sweat_smile: ). I've seen Tigra performing great against him, but I neither have Tigra nor the skill to play her good.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Brave, brave Sir Robin. If you don't get the reference, it means 'run away'. Run when his rocks are out.

As for hard counters, power control like champs Magik, Voodoo, etc.

High energy resist. Sorcerer Supreme is a good example, same with CMM, esp. awakened. YJ, lol.

Quake can Quake.

Tigra can have some fun.

Bishop, especially the new one. Lol.

Gulk can Gulk.

Lots of counters, depending on nodes.

Brave, brave Sir Robin. If you don't get the reference, it means 'run away'. Run when his rocks are out.

This... this is by far the best... I really wish there wasn't a wall though, or I would keep running...

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Hmm, I guess that's right. But my problem is a stun-immune Apoc, with beefy stats. I might be asked to take the fight in future any time, or probably a boss at war( Just in case... :sweat_smile: ). I've seen Tigra performing great against him, but I neither have Tigra nor the skill to play her good.
    Learning to block bait his heavy is useful. Create some distance, get him to charge at you with a medium, go for a "parry" and hold it for a little longer. He'll either throw a heavy or go to throw a light which can stun you through block. I find I have enough time to react to the incoming light attack and dex back before he can break my block.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Learning to block bait his heavy is useful. Create some distance, get him to charge at you with a medium, go for a "parry" and hold it for a little longer. He'll either throw a heavy or go to throw a light which can stun you through block. I find I have enough time to react to the incoming light attack and dex back before he can break my block.
    I think it's just practice to make it work, I guess. Thank you very much!
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Namor with max sig work, that Terrax get everything back to himself.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Psylocke havok magik Claire sorcerer namor
  • YJ. He laughs at the rock field. Amazing against energy damage matchups.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★

YJ. He laughs at the rock field. Amazing against energy damage matchups.

With trash damage
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,760 Guardian
    edited June 2021

YJ. He laughs at the rock field. Amazing against energy damage matchups.

With trash damage
    Lol, one who is truly ignorant.
    Please use him before making silly comments.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I typically use Claire voyant for terrax.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    when Terrax first came out .. for the Monthly EQ .. I actually used Mephisto .. with Dormammu synergy .. worked VERY well .. just get his rock field up and do MLLL into backdraft intercept until he's done .. :)

;)
  • miracle_mufflermiracle_muffler Posts: 152 ★★
    CMM for awakened Terrax. Every hit of the stone gives her a charge and she gets to binary almost immediately. She also power locked him the last few times I fought him in the war. Not sure why.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Psylocke is actually just a natural hard counter to terrax. When he starts the fight he has a bar of power, giving Psylocke a psi charge. When he drains himself to 0 power, he is now permanently enervated. No more power for him as long as you don’t get hit. And even if you do, he’ll just use a special, drain himself and once again, no more power

I used my r3 against a stun reflection mini boss in off season, works really well.

https://youtu.be/30NG32Ge4M8