**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So I can finally become thronebraker

GarryDKGarryDK Posts: 135 ★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
One catch. These are my choices. What would you do? Wait? Or just rank?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I'd go with OR. He's not Duped, but your Resources will increase once you get to TB.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    In my opinion, Namor is more useful unduped compared to OR. You need to awaken either and need high sig with both but while you’re waiting you can still get some great damage with unawakened Namor. But either of those are a good investment in the future:
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    cable
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Cable. Doesn’t need the dupe and will become your bread and butter once you pull Apoc.

OR and Namor require awakening and high sig to be useful. Others aren’t worth the trouble (except maybe Gambit, if you need a thorns counter and/or Apoc again).

Dr. Zola
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Do cable. You'll get at least a 4* apocalypse pretty soon and TB is worth ranking a meh champ.
  • GarryDKGarryDK Posts: 135 ★★
    So I’m going to do Cable. Just need t2a and I’ll be thronebraker. Thanks for your help all.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Gambit. Very useful champ without apoc and that prestige is amazing.
    Not sure why people are recommending cable over him when you don't have apoc, but I guess that's just how people are around here.

Gambit is not awakened. And he shouldn't rank 3 someone for prestige in his stage of the game.
    Gambit will be just a useless rank up and so is Cable. But when he finally pulls Apocalypse, he is gonna use him everywhere
    Gambit is definitely not a "useless rankup". It'd be an actually useful rankup who just happens to have high prestige by the side. Cable without apoc is hot garbage with trash prestige, and who knows how long it'll take this person to pull apoc. I'm personally not a fan of hoping to pull a specific champ in the future, and using that to decide on a rankup who would be completely benched for an indefinite period of time. RNG is too strong a factor.

FYI, gambit is also op with apoc, and he might as well have another mutant t5cc by the time he pulls apoc.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    I would also go with Cable. It's way easier to pull a 5 or 6* Apocalypse to make him as good as he needs to be than it is to awaken and max out Omega Red or Namor.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

As much as I love Omega, Gambit is the play here I think. Good damage, bleed resistance, anti-thorns, a bit of combat power and regen reduction, stun cheese in some areas, and a decent concussion off the SP2.

I still don’t get the Cable hype. The guy has damage but nothing else.

If you can dupe your Omega at some point I change my vote to him

Utility > damage

So I absolutely agree. Gambit > Cable
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
    Gambit. Who knows how long it’ll be before you pull an Apocalypse?
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★

As much as I love Omega, Gambit is the play here I think. Good damage, bleed resistance, anti-thorns, a bit of combat power and regen reduction, stun cheese in some areas, and a decent concussion off the SP2.

Utility > damage

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    It's a fair point that gambit has more utility and is probably underrated... but i barely even use him in arena.
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    I use gambit a lot and he's gotten me through a lot even without apoc so I suggest him
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Utility > damage

I’d rather take an extra 50% longer and finish the fight without getting knocked out due to some issue or challenge that I didn’t address by bringing the wrong counter.

What’s worse, doing a 90 hit fight, or doing a 30 hit fight, reviving and doing a 30 hit fight? For my item stash, likely the former.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★

Utility > damage

I’d rather take an extra 50% longer and finish the fight without getting knocked out due to some issue or challenge that I didn’t address by bringing the wrong counter.

What’s worse, doing a 90 hit fight, or doing a 30 hit fight, reviving and doing a 30 hit fight? For my item stash, likely the former.
    My philosophy exactly. I’d rather a champ take a bit longer and control the fight to a point I don’t have to worry than try and kill it in 30 less hits and have twice the chances of dying
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Definitely do gambit. He’s by far the best out of all of your options since you don’t have apoc. I’d love to rank 3 my 6* gambit but I haven’t gotten a mutant t5cc yet. He’s really good without apoc and even better with him. Since you don’t have apoc, cable is a bad choice. The same goes for omega since he isn’t duped.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

Utility > damage

I completely agree with this.
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Any of the first 4 are reasonable, and it is worth it for the thronebreaker benefits.
  • GarryDKGarryDK Posts: 135 ★★
    edited July 2021
    Thanks all I became thronebreaker but went with a different option.