**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    This one is much more annoying and frustrating than the first 2. Immortal Abom is a good easy choice I think. Takes a lot less strategy than the other options in my opinion.
  • CMLowesRealmCMLowesRealm Posts: 18
    This Mysterio is a joke
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    It’s not impossible. They did say the first 2 weeks were going to be much easier “freebies”.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★
    Would be great if the armor break applied every time you throw a special but it doesn’t and every special counts.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    I'M IN PAIN

Would be great if the armor break applied every time you throw a special but it doesn’t and every special counts.

Depends on who you’re using. I experienced this with Voodoo’s sp1 as well when throwing it on an odd combo, which affects the ability accuracy of the node. Doesn’t matter though, just a slightly longer fight when it happens.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Depends on who you’re using. I experienced this with Voodoo’s sp1 as well when throwing it on an odd combo, which affects the ability accuracy of the node. Doesn’t matter though, just a slightly longer fight when it happens.
    How’d you not get poisoned to death? Also, Mysterio shouldn’t be affected by AAR unless he’s actually armor broken. Kind of a chicken/egg argument there.
    edited June 2021

xNig said:

How’d you not get poisoned to death? Also, Mysterio shouldn’t be affected by AAR unless he’s actually armor broken. Kind of a chicken/egg argument there.
    Oh yeah, he was armor broken when it happened. It happened to me once or twice through the fight.

If you keep him armor broken, or consistently throwing and emptying his chemical gas charges (and not let it idle at 3), he will not automatically inflict poison on you.

So the key is to keep baiting out his specials to avoid being auto poisoned.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    So if I defeated Mysterio and previous bosses, then at the end of SoP I will receive 30K 6* shards? Am I right?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Renaxqq said:

So if I defeated Mysterio and previous bosses, then at the end of SoP I will receive 30K 6* shards? Am I right?

No. You only get the 15k. Its peak milestones like AQ.
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    Too hard.. i try with vodoo claire r4 apo 6r3 aa 5r5, abo immortal 6r1 the best im at 89..
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Renaxqq said:

No. You only get the 15k. Its peak milestones like AQ.
    Now I understand. Thanks.
  • Yautja101skarYautja101skar Posts: 4
    there is a bug with king groot supposedly the super 1 in anger leaves an undefined armor break charge and does not
  • Yautja101skarYautja101skar Posts: 4
    clear kabam good idea to put a character that with the super 1 reflects the damage and the 2 drains you power seriously? How shameless are they to put a character that you have 2 seconds to do a minimum of damage you surprise me every time but the same I already have a credit of 6
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★

It does?! The fight has the special lock node which introduces heal block and armor break when you throw a special. It's on a timer though.

• laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,455 ★★★★

clear kabam good idea to put a character that with the super 1 reflects the damage and the 2 drains you power seriously? How shameless are they to put a character that you have 2 seconds to do a minimum of damage you surprise me every time but the same I already have a credit of 6

Bait the sp1. Wait for damage reflect buff to fall off. Hit him in the face. Repeat. Super easy.
  • Santa_PsycheSanta_Psyche Posts: 150
    Is it doable if I could use mysterio against mysterio?
  • Dmc1990Dmc1990 Posts: 40
    Couldn’t they have eased into the butt hurt acid wash mysterio on week 3 damn was expecting something like this but not so niche and bs so early on. Another piece of content that separates the rich and brilliant from the herd lol. Got him down to 63% with immortal A bomb with only 250 units then gave up, gonna save my units for something more achievable
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Dmc1990 said:

Couldn’t they have eased into the butt hurt acid wash mysterio on week 3 damn was expecting something like this but not so niche and bs so early on. Another piece of content that separates the rich and brilliant from the herd lol. Got him down to 63% with immortal A bomb with only 250 units then gave up, gonna save my units for something more achievable

Agree with the brilliant part. Not the rich part.😂
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Why is it that everytime a hard fight is released I find people here accusing Kabam of world destruction and emotional harassment lmao ????

This was supposed to be THE hardest content in the game ever introduced so far, if you can't deal with it then accept defeat and take a nap instead of logging in here looking sore

This is also supposed to be for cavalier players, which may not have such a big roster at their disposal !

Acid wash + matador + Mysterio AI that don’t want to launch its sp or do up to 5 heavy back to back and the poison that come automatically with 3 charges… not everyone has iBom 6R3 to solo him !

For the majority, unit man will be their only choice… where is the challenge if your only solution is to spend units/money ?

Its not challenging, only frustrating.

Kabam themselves nerfed the Mysterio on acid wash in act 6
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,137 ★★★★★
    He fine not that nich sine there hav a node with aromer breaking the matdor for me isn’t fun
    Stellar said:

Why is it that everytime a hard fight is released I find people here accusing Kabam of world destruction and emotional harassment lmao ????

This was supposed to be THE hardest content in the game ever introduced so far, if you can't deal with it then accept defeat and take a nap instead of logging in here looking sore

This is also supposed to be for cavalier players, which may not have such a big roster at their disposal !

Acid wash + matador + Mysterio AI that don’t want to launch its sp or do up to 5 heavy back to back and the poison that come automatically with 3 charges… not everyone has iBom 6R3 to solo him !

For the majority, unit man will be their only choice… where is the challenge if your only solution is to spend units/money ?

And they nerfed this fight by providing Attacker Special Attack Armor Breaks so you don't have to bring a champ that can deal poison AND Armor break.

It was supposed to be for Cavalier players, but it doesn't mean Cavalier players (or even TB players) are entitled to complete ALL the fights.

Also, the challenge for the "majority" is getting him down without spending units. If you're not skilled enough to do so, then it's just you failing the challenge, not the content having "no challenge", as proclaimed by your last statement.

Geez.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,976 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

It's not MADE for Cavs in mind. It literally says it will be frustrating in the post. You won't include that in your post because it negates your entire point though.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    It’s an annoying fight no doubt, but it’s to be expected.
    The amount of complaints over the difficulty within an hour of it’s release are absurd.

The only complaint I have is Mysterio’s animations cause some combat lag on my device (iPhone 12) and make the combat feel sticky and more difficult to control.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Thecurler said:

It’s an annoying fight no doubt, but it’s to be expected.
    The amount of complaints over the difficulty within an hour of it’s release are absurd.

The only complaint I have is Mysterio’s animations cause some combat lag on my device (iPhone 12) and make the combat feel sticky and more difficult to control.

This has always been an issue with Mysterio for me as well. Especially when you have a heavy-happy AI, the jangly, laggy gameplay can be an issue.

Overall, the fight is a little cheesy—it’s more niche than I’d like to see, but it is doable without raising the stash or dropping units if you have a handful of champs. If you don’t, it can be done with a decent amount of skill and patience with nearly any champ.

I appreciate the practice evading his Sp1. It’s something I’ve avoided and this week made me learn it or risks not completing the quest.

I used iBom and a couple of L1 revives (I’m not counting the last one because I got bombed by a heavy from what felt like across the room with Mysterio at 1%) but I think I will experiment with KG and Voodoo today.

Dr. Zola
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    Sym Spider-Man is a good option if you are ok with a long fight. Just have to land a heavy once every minute or so to avoid the poison. Of course damage is low but if you stack enough armor breaks it can become decent.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Where's all the people that were saying Sinister was too easy for this lol????