**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

An Apocoguide to Mysterio’s Pain

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So last night I was giving an ally mate some advice on how to best use Apoc against Mr. Fishbowl this week and they liked it so much that they immortalized it via mediocre photo-editing skills.

Additionally, I’d recommend popping health boosts if you’ve got them. You’ll be doing reasonable damage and Apoc has a chonky health pool, so health boosts go a long way.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★
    I'll for sure try this sometime this weekend and let you know!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I used Apocalypse, but likely not as gracefully as I could have.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    A man of wisdom, thanks for this. Should make it a lot easier
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Fantastic! Sucks about the Line popup, I put my phone in do not disturb for that fight 😂.

Two revives for 5000 6* shards ain’t a bad tradeoff.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Fantastic! Sucks about the Line popup, I put my phone in do not disturb for that fight 😂.

Two revives for 5000 6* shards ain’t a bad tradeoff.

I always forget to use DND. But yeah I'm not mad with 2 revives, as that is what I was expecting to use when I first started using Poco.

Also great guide btw! This is the method I used too
    @Wicket329 what about concussion? Think its worth getting that before the sp3 as well?
    edited July 2021
    hes aar immune, but it could add to the burst damage
    GagoH said:

@Wicket329 what about concussion? Think its worth getting that before the sp3 as well?

I believe he shrugs off the concussion when his helmet reforms. You could probably apply it and then follow up with a poison-applying sp1, but you could also just fire two more sp1s with that power.

That being said, I did apply the concussion occasionally in the fight. It had it’s uses, but ultimately you’ll be better off with the sp1 spam.
  • ARW2000ARW2000 Posts: 53
    Just got the solo, one thing that helped me was rushing back in after the beam on his sp1, but before the final hit, that way you avoid being pushed into the corner. The concussion debuff does not help as it can reduce the AAR for the matador node.
    Good luck with the pain
    Can you still attack during the reflect damage thing if you have the permanent debuffs ticking? Or the damage increases
    He won’t reflect any damage over time effects on him, only damage taken from attacks. If he’s not poisoned, you can hit into him as much as you like because you do so little damage that it doesn’t matter if it gets reflected
  • NimsKetchumNimsKetchum Posts: 59
    Wish me luck as I will be attempting this with my maxed 4 star Apoc :) .... Only viable option in my roster..
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    @Wicket329 Thanks for sharing this mate. I genuinely gave up on this week before I read this post. Just got the solo.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Keniutek said:

The posion degen gets me every damn time (before i save up for the sp3) :disappointed:
    Dude doesn't want to fire off his freakin sp1.

Keep trying..one good run and you're golden.
    Keniutek said:

The posion degen gets me every damn time (before i save up for the sp3) :disappointed:
    Dude doesn't want to fire off his freakin sp1.

I had to take a couple resets because of this too. Sometimes you just get bad luck, but you’ll get there! You’ve got plenty of time left.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Can you still attack during the reflect damage thing if you have the permanent debuffs ticking? Or the damage increases

Yes you can. The only time you don’t want to attack him when he has the damage reflect is when you have a poison applied to him.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    I found it easier to just go sp1 with weakness, sp2 with degen and then sp1 spam with poison. The permanent debuffs are unnecessary as there is nothing in the fight that makes it difficult to consistently land a heavy to refresh your debuffs. Avoiding the permanent debuffs SP3 makes it easier to get going and also avoid any poison from not armour breaking him while you get enough power.
  • PrezRio4PrezRio4 Posts: 84
    Infinity thanks man! I wasnt able to get him down from 60%. I read your guide. First time 80% and quitted, second time 50% and quitted, and third time... bom! Solo'd! My first solo in SOP. Thank you!
    Corkscrew said:

I found it easier to just go sp1 with weakness, sp2 with degen and then sp1 spam with poison. The permanent debuffs are unnecessary as there is nothing in the fight that makes it difficult to consistently land a heavy to refresh your debuffs. Avoiding the permanent debuffs SP3 makes it easier to get going and also avoid any poison from not armour breaking him while you get enough power.

True, but I made them permanent because it doubles their potency as well. The degen does more damage and the weakness goes from 25% to 50%, which is substantial. But you are right, it is not necessary.