**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6* Roster Rank Up Advice

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,667 ★★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
All -

Would appreciate some roster advice. I have an amazing 5* roster, and with the mats from this event I’ll be able to rank the remaining 5* champs I want to rank all the way up. So, Aegon, Void, Claire, Professor X, and Venom will all be R5. Void will be awakened and max sig’d. I’ll probably eventually rank CMM if I get NF or awaken her. Am planning to R5 Magik and can awaken her as well.

My 6* luck has been solid but I didn’t pull any of my top 5 targets this weekend. Despite that, outside of the above rank ups I am at a point where I want to shift to beginning to focus on ranking some of my 6*s - at least to R2. However, I really only want to rank them if they play a unique role relative to my existing 5*’s, the close a key content gap (working on 6.2-6.4, Variants, and Cav EQ), or I REALLY enjoy playing them.

I can probably rank 2-3 of them up in the coming weeks. I’m putting Cap IW and Aegon to the side until they are awakened. I’m leaning towards Dragon Man (fun to play, immunities, power gen, and I have a fully formed t5 Mystic so want one mystic on deck for TB), Gambit (perfect block with horseman) and iBom (for anyone bleed immune but not poison immune that I can’t use AA for). Sunspot is great but I don’t see him playing a unique role relative to my current roster. (Tell me if I am wrong). I’m not skilled enough to fully leverage Tigra.

Here are some screen shots of my existing 5 and 6* rosters:

6* Roster Rank Up Advice 31 votes

Dragon Man
9%
HoitadoBoimaster69LBN1 3 votes
IBom
38%
ROHINJerryJiverJadedAlex13369Adv10or_StrongMiekandKorgStevieManWonderThoye3MasterpuffDawsManking_ov_scrubs 12 votes
Gambit
0%
Sunspot
12%
PlinkoRenaxqqThe_grim3Real_Madrid_76_2 4 votes
BWDO
6%
MusikmenSchnoodle 2 votes
Sorcerer Supreme
16%
yuwMalreck04Kill_GreyEtjamaMaxLee 5 votes
Killmonger
6%
Drake2078Aleor 2 votes
Cable
6%
JuggerNotWine_Lover 2 votes
Other (please specify)
3%
Riptide 1 vote
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    IBom
    As soon as I saw iAbom my vote was done.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Killmonger
    I use my 6 r2 km a lot, he's super fun for any node with many debuffs, will probably take him to r3 when I get skill t5 over fury
    Sorceress is popular option
    Wait for Monday to check out Diablo
    5* quake is a great champ to go, as we won't see a 6* for a very long time, I guess
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Other (please specify)
    Quake
    IBom
    Riptide said:

Quake

I always think if someone has quake not ranked up it’s because they aren’t good with her. So when people ask for opinions and have her, I always suggest something else.
  • Alright_Batman88Alright_Batman88 Posts: 35
    Riptide said:

Quake

I second this, but only if you can use Quake. Otherwise, sunspot. That perfect block comes in handy towards end of game content and he doesn’t need the dupe to be great. That all said, sunspot is not suicide friendly if your run those. Also, Diablo may be good after the buff.

• OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,667 ★★★★
    edited July 2021

Riptide said:

Quake

I second this, but only if you can use Quake. Otherwise, sunspot. That perfect block comes in handy towards end of game content and he doesn’t need the dupe to be great. That all said, sunspot is not suicide friendly if your run those. Also, Diablo may be good after the buff.

@Alright_Batman88 the others above are correct that I’m not good enough at Quake to rank at this point. Question on Sunspot - is his perfect block superior to that of Gambit, or does he not need the be a horseman to use it? If that is the case I will definitely bump him up in my mental pecking order ahead of Gambit.

And no, I don’t run suicides at this point and don’t plan to in the near future.
  • Alright_Batman88Alright_Batman88 Posts: 35

Riptide said:

Quake

@Alright_Batman88 the others above are correct that I’m not good enough at Quake to rank at this point. Question on Sunspot - is his perfect block superior to that of Gambit, or does he not need the be a horseman to use it? If that is the case I will definitely bump him up in my mental pecking order ahead of Gambit.

And no, I don’t run suicides at this point and don’t plan to in the near future.
    Sunspot’s perfect block is superior (just need smolders on the opponent) and damage output is significantly higher. No need for the horseman synergy. Watch a few videos and try sunspot in ROL to see if you like his game play. Some champs are definitely better than others; especially in certain situations. But, at the end of the day, always rank who you enjoy playing with the most.
    edited July 2021

Riptide said:

Quake

Sunspot’s perfect block is superior (just need smolders on the opponent) and damage output is significantly higher. No need for the horseman synergy. Watch a few videos and try sunspot in ROL to see if you like his game play. Some champs are definitely better than others; especially in certain situations. But, at the end of the day, always rank who you enjoy playing with the most.
    Great thanks. Obviously my homework on Sunspot was not thorough enough.

Sounds like iBom, Sunspot, and Dragon Man are the lead candidates for 6*. And Quake at 5* if I’m ever skilled enough.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Dragon Man
    Dragon Man is my Favorite character in game
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Sorcerer Supreme
    Can't believe I'm the first one to say this, but duped Sorcerer is an excellent champ to have ranked up.
    Malreck04 said:

Can't believe I'm the first one to say this, but duped Sorcerer is an excellent champ to have ranked up.

I hear you - I like her as well - but given Doom, Claire, Magik, and Dragon Man I have a hard time seeing a role for her.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    Sunspot
    Cable and I bom are also carry especially horseman cable is op
    edited July 2021
    Well - this just happened after MANY months of pursuit.

I know he needs to be awakened for full potential, but thinking he moves to the top of the list. I have CMM as a 5 star, and now that I have him as a 6 I can potentially use the 5* AG I was holding for him for her?

Any thoughts?

IBom

Well - this just happened after MANY months of pursuit.

I know he needs to be awakened for full potential, but thinking he moves to the top of the list. I have CMM as a 5 star, and now that I have him as a 6 I can potentially use the 5* AG I was holding for him for her?

Any thoughts?

I wouldn’t worry about awakening the 5* since you’ll be waiting for the 6* awakening. So potential you could awaken cmm, and still rank up iAbom.