**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is it possible to evade/dex every single special move in the game?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I've been wondering this for a while as there are some specials that are so easy to dex and some that are super hard to dex. Can you dex every single special move in the game with enough skill? I struggle to understand how you can dex War Machine's L1 or Winter Soldier's L2 for example, among others.

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Pretty sure punisher 2099 can’t be dodged. Same with every L3 lol

Yeah I don't think it's possible to dex Punisher 2099's L2. I was talking about L1's and L2's, sorry if I didn't make that clear.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    Use nightcrawler, He can dex also sp2 from Heimdal. No one else can Do this.

Phasing, invisibilty etc. Doesn't count?
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    Cant daredevil at max sig dex the grandmasters special 2. Or ghost when she has phased and you dex immediately after exiting the phase mode
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Not all, but a big majority it's possible.
    Even punisher's specials (both versions) if timed right. But in most cases it will just fail on you
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Yeah. Nightcrawler spam dodge and he evade every special in the game. Also if your stuck in the corner with him spam dodge and you won't get hit
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Cant daredevil at max sig dex the grandmasters special 2. Or ghost when she has phased and you dex immediately after exiting the phase mode

No he can’t miss and can’t be evade
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    The Bamf! Is not counted as an evade. So the mechanic "can't be evaded" doesn't apply.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

Heimdalls s2 can’t be dodged regardless of skill.

And even then NC can still do it
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I’ve never seen Darkhawk a special 1 be evaded.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Using Spiderman Stark Enhanced you can dex a part of War Machine, WS, Punisher special.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    With a lot of the multi hit range specials you can usually phase the first ½ and dex the second. This of course assumes that the AI throws the special early enough for you to take advantage of Ghost’s phasing.

Other champions such as Spidergwen and Sparky particularly, as well as the other Spiderverse champions have power evades that can help you. Sparky’s 65% chance to evade can let you manually evade the first part of a special and let his inbuilt evade mechanic do the 2nd half (if you’re willing to roll that particular dice).

You could also argue certain champion’s mechanics allow them to ‘dodge’ sp3 too - Luke Cage/KM’s indestructible, Ghost hiding in phase with Hood, for example. Just hope there’s no stun and in Ghost’s case armour break.

If I see anyone manually dex War Machine, 2099 Sp2, DH sp1 and The Grandmaster Sp2 I’ll eat my hat.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

If I see anyone manually dex War Machine, 2099 Sp2, DH sp1 and The Grandmaster Sp2 I’ll eat my hat.

Well, War Machine an Punisher are definitely possible to dex.
    For Darkhawk, I've tried several time and the last hit always clips me somehow. But is probably possible as well.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    edited May 2020

I’ve never seen Darkhawk a special 1 be evaded.

I have done it before. It’s sorta like punisher’s L1, you have to perfectly time a string of evades. Borderline impossible, but I’ve been lucky before on a fluke of just swiping back

I can consistently dodge all but the 3rd hit of it, though, that’s easily possible
  • ElhadjeeElhadjee Posts: 61
    Can Nf sp1 be fully evaded? I can dodge first and second part but the last shots of the drone I just can't
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Elhadjee said:

Can Nf sp1 be fully evaded? I can dodge first and second part but the last shots of the drone I just can't

I really don't know. It's very difficult for sure. Always trips me up.
  • Dethroned91Dethroned91 Posts: 88

Heimdalls s2 can’t be dodged regardless of skill.

BWCV. Launch her sp2 over his, so he has buff immunity when he fires off his sp2. Then it's Dexable
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Elhadjee said:

Yeah I've dexed it multiple times.
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Daredevil at max sig?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    JuggerNot said:

Daredevil at max sig?

That's only against projectiles. And some champs specials bypasses evade
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I think all specials can be dexed in theory, even if it's just insanely difficult to do. There are some exceptions where the champ throwing them have some kind of buff or ability that messes with the dex. Jabari Panther can make her specials impossible to dex when she's in her Hunt mode, for example. None of her attacks are inherently undexable, though.
    Elhadjee said:

It can be, it's just really difficult. But I've managed it once. On the same day, I managed to dex Blade's SP2. I've never felt godlier in my life.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

What’s kinda weird is my cousin is better at trying to evade darkhawks special 1 then me and I only gave him my phone to let him try mcoc for the first time..... my skills are horrible in that case

That’s account sharing. I shall have you banned

Btw this is 100% a joke
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Instead of sp3 every attack can be dodged or evaded also spider Gwen evades specials on unblockable and starky evade projectile special attacks
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Not to flex but I accidentally fully dexed hot monkeys l2