**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The deep dive for Hercules is here

odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★

Comments

• MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Yeah, I’m excited! He looks great
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★

I like how Kabam took feedback from the players and applied it to him. For instance, a lot of people wished Proxima could complete multiple missions at once, and now Herc can do that. That's really nice, it makes us feel heard.

If that was true, the 6.2 gates would’ve been long gone by now
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Genuinely looks awesome. Hopefully special intercept isn't too hard to master and there aren't bugs with regards to hit boxes and stuff since special intercept looks very important to his kit.
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    He looks fun and they've made him good for offence and defence.

A few good synergies too.
    I'm hopeful.
  • YsFYsF Posts: 151 ★★
    Doesn't seem all that fancy to me. I thought they said that they'll make him great for both very skilled play and also normal playstyle. Doesn't seem like it as you've got to intercept with specials for max damage which is inconsistent at best and is highly dependent on AI.

His persistent charge mechanic seems to be pretty slow and there seems to be no effect of the number of strengths we have, so I don't understand why do we even need a limit or even why do we stack them. And also once we reach 12 stacks, do we stop getting the completion bonus? Seems kind of incomplete to be honest. (Maybe we'll understand this better once the spotlight is revealed)

Also for max damage we need the opponents to have armor up buffs which isn't a great requirement.
    Sig ability is pretty nice.

He does have a lot of abilities thrown here and there, but doesn't seem like he'll shake the meta or anything.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    As someone who runs suicides full time and has 2 1/2 Cosmic T5CC, I’m very interested in him, despite him being my last choice in the vote

Access to True Sense is the main draw for me. I’m lacking a miss counter among my R3’s, and his looks to have pretty good uptime.

However, aside from that he seems to be slightly lacking on the utility side. Autoblock counter is obviously great but we do have a lot of champs now that can do that. The stun shrug is good but will hurt his damage. The SP3 ranking seems wildly impractical in my eyes. And 50% reduction in bleed will only really help with suicides, he’s not going to be a biohazard etc counter

I’m really not sure about the immortality. The fact it is susceptible to ability accuracy reduction makes it unreliable in AW. He’s definitely not going to be the new Corvus in that regard. A nice fail safe to be sure but I’m not sure if it can be utilised for much more than that.

Relying on special intercepting could also be problematic. Mainly because the mechanic differs from how most players actually special intercept. For most people, special intercepting is countering the opponent after they have completed their dash. Hercules and Black Panther require you to actually interrupt the dash, making it far more AI dependent and unreliable

His infuriate will mitigate that a bit but my concerns remain

As far as the persistent charges mechanic goes, I’m actually a massive fan of it. He’s not the kind of champ that needs to ramp up to actually access to utility, it’s an added bonus, he can still access everything in fight 1. That’s where champs like Corvus and Ægon annoy me.

So provided his playstyle comes together, I think he’s going to be a good, hard-hitting champ that while I don’t think he’s going to dominate the game, I think he’s going to be useful tool in some rosters, especially those of us who run suicides
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★

Genuinely looks awesome. Hopefully special intercept isn't too hard to master and there aren't bugs with regards to hit boxes and stuff since special intercept looks very important to his kit.

Special intercepts are really easy because you can trigger the special as the opponent is hitting you to create a whiff. It's like parry timing except with the special.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    seems cool but nothing mind blowingly awesome at first glance. will see how he plays when they gift us a 3* version right??lol
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    DawsMan said:

Special intercepts are really easy because you can trigger the special as the opponent is hitting you to create a whiff. It's like parry timing except with the special.
    Except if it will need super precise timing like og black panther. With him special intercepting has a really small time frame, and the opponent can't wiff or it won't count
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    I'd hold my breath, because in all my OGBP testing I've only managed to get one or two full crits, so I guess special intercepting is a display of skill now?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

I like how Kabam took feedback from the players and applied it to him. For instance, a lot of people wished Proxima could complete multiple missions at once, and now Herc can do that. That's really nice, it makes us feel heard.

If that was true, the 6.2 gates would’ve been long gone by now
    Just because they don't do everything we say doesn't mean they don't listen to feedback. We're not the ones designing the game.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Lol I just noticed his entry animation. Great work Kabam!
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    edited July 2021

As someone who runs suicides full time and has 2 1/2 Cosmic T5CC, I’m very interested in him, despite him being my last choice in the vote

Access to True Sense is the main draw for me. I’m lacking a miss counter among my R3’s, and his looks to have pretty good uptime.

However, aside from that he seems to be slightly lacking on the utility side. Autoblock counter is obviously great but we do have a lot of champs now that can do that. The stun shrug is good but will hurt his damage. The SP3 ranking seems wildly impractical in my eyes. And 50% reduction in bleed will only really help with suicides, he’s not going to be a biohazard etc counter

I’m really not sure about the immortality. The fact it is susceptible to ability accuracy reduction makes it unreliable in AW. He’s definitely not going to be the new Corvus in that regard. A nice fail safe to be sure but I’m not sure if it can be utilised for much more than that.

Relying on special intercepting could also be problematic. Mainly because the mechanic differs from how most players actually special intercept. For most people, special intercepting is countering the opponent after they have completed their dash. Hercules and Black Panther require you to actually interrupt the dash, making it far more AI dependent and unreliable

His infuriate will mitigate that a bit but my concerns remain

As far as the persistent charges mechanic goes, I’m actually a massive fan of it. He’s not the kind of champ that needs to ramp up to actually access to utility, it’s an added bonus, he can still access everything in fight 1. That’s where champs like Corvus and Ægon annoy me.

So provided his playstyle comes together, I think he’s going to be a good, hard-hitting champ that while I don’t think he’s going to dominate the game, I think he’s going to be useful tool in some rosters, especially those of us who run suicides

Come on bro... the stun immune takes away one feat. One heavy attack can give you that, or even give 2 if you time it right.

Also... for sp3 tanking I assume if you parry, sp3, then inflict an infuriate debuff they would throw the sp3... and if that doesn't work you can intercept to increase the indestructible buff length until they throw it