**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The most perfectly desinged Champion in MCOC history

SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
edited July 2021 in General Discussion

Yup, Hyperion.

Now before you say "but x or y champ is better" keep in mind, I'm not saying he's better than whoever for whatever reason, I'm saying Kabam made a champ that was so well thought out and balanced that I'll be 5 years in December that he came out and is STILL relevant today.

Here's why I'd say he's the best designed champ in the game:

Hyperion came out in 2016. Bruh that's old as hell and some of you reading this weren't even playing in 2016.
He's still considered the best or a top 5 Cosmic champ
He's NEVER BEEN CHANGED (apart from some bug fixes and that "I'm holding a Hammer" arm thing he had)
He has. by far. the WORST synergies in game.
He the ONLY champ with NO unique synergies (yes only champ in game)
He's great on offense
He's great on defense. Yeah he's not as good but on the right node and him refusing to throw specials means death.
His utility is still very much relevant in 2021 (Power gain, fury, regen, energy resist, stuns, incenerate, etc)
He's only available as a 5 star for now and still considered (Tho Kabam with the soon to be R4 6 stars, yall gotta give us the remaining 6 star champ who aren't in the pool yet come on.)

He may not be as good as other champs but the dude has been the same since day one and still great without anything or anyone else needed.

Comments

• Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    CAPIW
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    At first when I saw this post I thought it was going to be about the Hercules deep dive. Am I glad I’m wrong.
  • KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105
    I'll throw Blade's hat into the ring for this one. If we're talking champ design, I think it's hard to beat Blade. His entire kit builds on itself amazingly and I think it does so better than any other champ in the game.

Offensively, he gains power to throw specials. All of his specials inflict bleed on the opponent. Bleeding the opponent gives him more power via passive power gain. The extra power gain gives him access to more specials, which equals more bleeds and the cycle continues. Defensively, Blade can inflict bleeds with parries, again causing more power gain. But instead of throwing specials, he has unlimited access to healing via holding block.

Everything in Blade's kit boils down to easy access to passive power gain and then either using specials to increase that power gain or trading off some power/power gain to heal quickly and without limit. While he's not considered a top champion in the meta anymore, I don't think anyone can deny that his champion design is top notch.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    Hyperion should have version 6*, Kabam made a mistake in adding Ghost to version 6*, it won't make the same mistake with Quake.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Best is guardian but perfect is groot
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

I'll throw Blade's hat into the ring for this one. If we're talking champ design, I think it's hard to beat Blade. His entire kit builds on itself amazingly and I think it does so better than any other champ in the game.

Offensively, he gains power to throw specials. All of his specials inflict bleed on the opponent. Bleeding the opponent gives him more power via passive power gain. The extra power gain gives him access to more specials, which equals more bleeds and the cycle continues. Defensively, Blade can inflict bleeds with parries, again causing more power gain. But instead of throwing specials, he has unlimited access to healing via holding block.

Everything in Blade's kit boils down to easy access to passive power gain and then either using specials to increase that power gain or trading off some power/power gain to heal quickly and without limit. While he's not considered a top champion in the meta anymore, I don't think anyone can deny that his champion design is top notch.

He's well balanced but he's dropped off and will continue to unlike Hype that is still arguably the best cosmic in the game and isn't going anywhere anytime soon
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Part of his good design is that he has both strengths and weaknesses. Anything that gimps his buffs or power gain will significantly reduce his effectiveness which is good in not making him too OP.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I didn't see that coming, but you have got a point, that's true. I would also add that he is fully functional without awakening and when awakened, he isn't a sig-eating machine (unlike many champs these days)
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,604 ★★★★
    First 5* I ranked, first one I awakened, and 3rd one to R5 for me. Still use him ALL the time. Only reason he wasn’t first to R5 is that I have a thing for CAIW (who was awake and max sig) and also had AA who is right up there with Hyperion. Was my key for nerfed(?) Crossbones and getting to Cavalier.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Love this dude a ton. One of my first few rank 5, and I still use him a ton. I got bored of using champs like Ghost, Quake, Claire, CMM, Nick, etc; but I can never seem to get bored of using Hyperion.