**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Havok counter on spite node?

LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Normally I bring Warlock or Guilly 2099 to counter Havok plasma detonation.
But being on spite node, permanent armour of Warlock and Guilly would grant power to Havok.
So how to tackle him?
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Unit man.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Cyclops
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    AW or EQ? in AW play perfectly with warlock and use an invulnerability boost so yo can take 3 sp3s.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Is it the last variant?
    Used HB with sp2 power drains..
    There will be a lot of baiting but it's not that bad.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Sorry. Forget to mention its AW
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I take this node every war. Havok is the hardest defender on that node but g99 with advanced power boost takes him out easily. Guardian can also do it with light ending combos.

Edit: AA can also take this node but it’s rng dependent.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    An awakened doctor octopus. When he's awakened his power lock changes to a power drain effect keeping plasmas low. It is also extremely effective against passive power gain as the debuff will come back immediately after you heavy
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I personally would use havok since he doesn’t have buffs and won’t take damage from plasma detonation. The problem is I don’t know who else is on your lane and therefore havok might not be your best choice to bring.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Corvus is who i’d use
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    The answer is still g99.
    use both prefights to get rid of armour and power drain on mediums and sp1 to manage plasma.
  • ZahidZahid Posts: 49
    I take that fight pretty often in war with Ghost. Stick a power boost and a tech power back boost and the fight is over very quickly. Can put an indestructible boost if you're not feeling confident but it's not really needed at all. Have taken multiple rank 3 Havok's there with her and never had a problem

The answer is still g99.
    use both prefights to get rid of armour and power drain on mediums and sp1 to manage plasma.

If you use both pre fight options the sp1 doesn’t drain.
    Jaded said:

The answer is still g99.

Then use mediums, 1 medium resets hits charges to zero. Plasma should be a non issue
    edited July 2021

Jaded said:

The answer is still g99.

Then use mediums, 1 medium resets hits charges to zero. Plasma should be a non issue
    It will detonate on her without her armor up. I’ve done this fight countless times with a few different options. She needs the armor up to protect herself from his plasmas detonating.

Also, you’re trying to get her to do a sp3 finish in war so she can use her power drain pre fight. That’s probably not going to happen.
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    Vision. Longer fight but still pretty easy.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

The answer is still g99.

It will detonate on her without her armor up. I’ve done this fight countless times with a few different options. She needs the armor up to protect herself from his plasmas detonating.

Also, you’re trying to get her to do a sp3 finish in war so she can use her power drain pre fight. That’s probably not going to happen.
    If you're getting detonations with the power drain prefight it's entirely on you. You drain him at the start AND end of every combo, he'd have to generate 10+ plasma between every combo to even start stacking plasma on you.

I take steady build up unblockable with crumbling armour in war and the only time I've ever gotten a single plasma on me using power drain prefight is when havok has suicides. And getting a sp3 finish is entirely dependent on who's placed earlier on, I have to frequently take apoc bosses and don't find getting a soul beforehand difficult. Whether or not OP can get one is for him to decide

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

The answer is still g99.

If you're getting detonations with the power drain prefight it's entirely on you. You drain him at the start AND end of every combo, he'd have to generate 10+ plasma between every combo to even start stacking plasma on you.

I take steady build up unblockable with crumbling armour in war and the only time I've ever gotten a single plasma on me using power drain prefight is when havok has suicides. And getting a sp3 finish is entirely dependent on who's placed earlier on, I have to frequently take apoc bosses and don't find getting a soul beforehand difficult. Whether or not OP can get one is for him to decide
    That’s what I said but the long winded version. There’s no reason to use her pre fight abilities, she can power drain more effectively with the sp1. Thus without the power drain pre fight she needs the armor up to protect her from the plasmas detention.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

The answer is still g99.

That’s what I said but the long winded version. There’s no reason to use her pre fight abilities, she can power drain more effectively with the sp1. Thus without the power drain pre fight she needs the armor up to protect her from the plasmas detention.
    We haven't said the same thing at all?
    Im saying he should use both prefights, he doesn't need to power drain at sp1 efficiency since he doesn't have an armour triggering spite.
    There's no reason to keep the armour if you can reset his plasma literally every combo

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

The answer is still g99.

Im saying he should use both prefights, he doesn't need to power drain at sp1 efficiency since he doesn't have an armour triggering spite.
    There's no reason to keep the armour if you can reset his plasma literally every combo
    But you can’t, he has power gain in his kit and the node has power gain similar to kenetic transference. You don’t do the fight but argue with those that do. We are saying the same thing but disagree on which method is better. G99 no prefight abilities, spam sp1 easy fight. You’re adding in extra elements like gaining a digi soul to use her power drain ability. It’s not necessary, but please tell me more of how to use g99 and do that fight. When I’ve taken that fight for the better part of the last 6 months and have had g99 ranked up as a 6* r3 since abyss was released…
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

The answer is still g99.

But you can’t, he has power gain in his kit and the node has power gain similar to kenetic transference. You don’t do the fight but argue with those that do. We are saying the same thing but disagree on which method is better. G99 no prefight abilities, spam sp1 easy fight. You’re adding in extra elements like gaining a digi soul to use her power drain ability. It’s not necessary, but please tell me more of how to use g99 and do that fight. When I’ve taken that fight for the better part of the last 6 months and have had g99 ranked up as a 6* r3 since abyss was released…
    Good job assuming I haven't taken the fight, I wouldn't be suggesting counters to it at all if I didn't have experience doing the fight.

The point I've made is instead of going though the trouble of dancing round spite the entire fight you could ignore it by using prefights.
    Rise to power doesn't come into play if you're not spamming sp1 and knocking him down which you don't need to if you're not trying to manage spite.

Me "adding elements" is to make the fight as ridiculously easy as possible. Like I said earlier whether or not OP can get a soul is up to him, doing so isn't difficult and taking a fight with 100 combo Vs without is a day and night difference.
    Having a r3 g99 since abyss released doesn't give your words any more weight, i lucked my way into the same situation so I don't see the point it's meant prove

Both methods are viable and the only reason I even continued responding was your claim she would detonate without an armour up buff which isn't true. OP can decide how he wants to go about it

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

The answer is still g99.

Good job assuming I haven't taken the fight, I wouldn't be suggesting counters to it at all if I didn't have experience doing the fight.

The point I've made is instead of going though the trouble of dancing round spite the entire fight you could ignore it by using prefights.
    Rise to power doesn't come into play if you're not spamming sp1 and knocking him down which you don't need to if you're not trying to manage spite.

Me "adding elements" is to make the fight as ridiculously easy as possible. Like I said earlier whether or not OP can get a soul is up to him, doing so isn't difficult and taking a fight with 100 combo Vs without is a day and night difference.
    Having a r3 g99 since abyss released doesn't give your words any more weight, i lucked my way into the same situation so I don't see the point it's meant prove

Both methods are viable and the only reason I even continued responding was your claim she would detonate without an armour up buff which isn't true. OP can decide how he wants to go about it
    But through it all you missed the fact that he would detonate because of the power gain from the node. They changed it this season, it use to be power from afar but now it’s more like kenetic transference. Havok would build enough power to make it important to have an armor up. I’m not assuming anything, the node has clearly changed since you took it, while I’m still on it. I never said you haven’t taken. One combo into g99’s block and havok will be over a bar of power.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Use Havok. He’s who I use to counter pretty much every Havok in the game
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

The answer is still g99.

But through it all you missed the fact that he would detonate because of the power gain from the node. They changed it this season, it use to be power from afar but now it’s more like kenetic transference. Havok would build enough power to make it important to have an armor up. I’m not assuming anything, the node has clearly changed since you took it, while I’m still on it. I never said you haven’t taken. One combo into g99’s block and havok will be over a bar of power.
    Are you talking about rise to power or a new node? because Ive already addressed rise to power.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Try duped doc oc his power lock becomes power drain 100% of what enemy gains so no plasma for him
    It grts tricky as the debuff duration is not that long, but if you can launch your sp3 for power lock it becomes quite easy