**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why Sorcerer Supreme is my favourite mystic

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
Now before we begin this is a sorcerer supreme appreciation post at its core, yes i might compare her to Doom and other mystics but im not trying to say that she’s always the best in every place, just here to tell people about what she can do and some of the amazing things that make her stand out above the rest.

sorcerer in general questing is good. decent damage, solid nullify, good power gain with MD and all around good utility

sorcerer in story content gets even better. her absolute swiss army knife of a utility kit and great sustainability means she can deal with bosses, minibosses and other pesky opponents, she’s also a great option for a lot of the ‘roadblock’ boss fights, for example 6.2.5 Mordo and 6.2.6 Champion she deals with.

sorcerer is ok for AQ. she can do lanes however her lack of flat out immunities can hurt her. she definitely isn’t bad but using her in AQ is a bit pointless when you could use her in

AW

oh boy, when sorcerer gets into a war, you best believe she’s going to slay. who are the most common/annoying defenders currently? Domino, Korg, Apocalypse. sorcerer wrecks all 3 without a care in the world. in fact against domino at sig 200 you’re ability accuracy can never go below 100% and as all of your abilities have a 100% chance to activate (no RNG on this bad boy) you get no crit failure at all.

node 23 korg? sorcerer. node 22 Apoc or a war boss apoc? sorcerer. unstoppable champs? sorcerer (unless it’s a thing). any form of long undexable specials (like on mangog, dragon man, war machine etc)? sorcerer.

i don’t even run willpower and unless you take a combo to the face you’re ending fights on a full yellow bar thanks to the regen. she can also use her prefights to her advantage, a knowledgeable player can use them to poor champions down from the start. oh did i mention nearly50% perfect block chance so longer stuns AND the power control whilst in the slow phase comes in clutch in a lot of matchups. any sorcerer player knows how satisfying it is to have an opponent at an L3, power drain them until you’re at an L3, then throw it off whilst in attack phase and just rinse them dead.

sorcerer in war is honestly one of the absolute best champions hands down. so much of the stuff thrown at you she can just ignore, bypass, or out-regen. granted she doesn’t have the greatest damage compared to champs like CGR and thanks to a low base health pool if you do get hit it’s going to leave a mark, but in terms of fights she can take, i have been through entire wars using purely her for lanes, minibosses and bosses and finishing on full yellow bars.

the way she pairs with a lot of the AW boosts is also great. want to shut down an emma frost first hit? power start one boost. want a regen at the start just until you can get your own up? combat regen. need that safety net of indestructibility just in case you do make a mistake? there’s a boost for that.

oh and i nearly forgot to mention sorcerer herself is a good defender as well. place her somewhere like rage or aspect of evolution she can catch you out. place her on biohazard or hazard shift and that extra ability accuracy may just kill you.

honestly for AW she is the best mystic champion in the game. Doom is good but he’s best used in general questing, story or on defense. BWCV is great, clears AQ with no issue, however in war she can be a bit annoying to play and it’s very easy to not get the results you wanted from her because you don’t have x y z set up perfectly.

sorcerer is a swiss army knife, and where she operates at her prime is war. with war becoming a bigger focus and more and more people playing it it would definitely be cool to see more sorcerers ranked up and getting used. so far i’ve faced up against one other i can remember and that was ages ago.
Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Comments

• AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    I just pulled her as a six star from the July 4th event. Always liked her animations. Any tips on how best to use her? Thanks.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    In certain matchups/game modes, she goes crazy.

Claire and doom are better for more matchups/game modes.

Sorc is still a beast and very fun
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★

Honestly Ebony Maw performs better in moost than all of those aspects.

Got my duped 6* at R2, hoping to R3 him once I finally do the abyss, kind of loving him atm
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Ajisdope said:

I just pulled her as a six star from the July 4th event. Always liked her animations. Any tips on how best to use her? Thanks.

Really depends on the fight but my usual recommendation for War would be start without pre fights, get to L1 in armour phase to get regen, use extra power gain from slow phase to get to another L2 (L1 also gives you your nullify so MD comes in useful). Once at L2 wait for your fury phase and let rip. In longer fights with lots of buffs you can stack a couple armour breaks then L3 youll hit for 100k plus.

Really it’s a matter of practising and learning her you’ll get the hang of it eventually
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I love her. So much fun to play, awesome utility and oh god the regen :love:
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Doom' the *best* for me, but my *favorite* is Man-Thing or Longgshot. Mangog's up there too. Never was a fan of Sorsup, dunno why.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I’m sold, she’s going straight to r3. Bravo OP, you hit super stardom level.
  • GabebravoGabebravo Posts: 29
    I took mine straight to rank 4 when I got her last year.
    I’m very bad at using her though. Still trying to decide which mystic to take to rank 5.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

She was my 2nd 6* r3 ... Used her a lot in tier 1 wars ...

Doom is still better overall...

Not when you need slow, nullify without touching, regen, don't want to proc buffs on sp3, armour break, tank a lot of block damage and you know all the things she does that Doom doesn't do.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

She was my 2nd 6* r3 ... Used her a lot in tier 1 wars ...

Doom is still better overall...

I prefer Doom for story questing, but I lean towards sorcerer almost everywhere else (except maybe path 5 in war).
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Took my newly ranked 2 into some act 7 with invade, she was awesome.

I have Doom, so this rank up was between her and bwcv (I don't run suicides) -- so far, I'm happy with it.
  • Da_MonstrousityDa_Monstrousity Posts: 41
    Gabebravo said:

I took mine straight to rank 4 when I got her last year.
    I’m very bad at using her though. Still trying to decide which mystic to take to rank 5.

You're sleeping on Voodoo, Sym Sup, Diablo, Magik and GR.

Prioritize Sym Supreme, Diablo and Magik for now. Rank up GR if you've got very little to no non-robotic double immune Champs.

Very soon, Diable would be a content lane clearer. Kabam has released a significant amount of champs with poison debuff and immunity recently.

• IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    I have sorcerer supreme, and Claire at r5, and doctor doom at r2. Personally I think I use doom the most, and Claire the least. I don’t use suicides, so that may be why. Claire definitely has her moments, but I prefer sorceror supreme for most general content