**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus vs. CMM

From my July 4th pulls i got both Corvus Glaive and Captain Marvel as 5*s. I do have one cosmic awakening gem. Who should I use it on?
I also have an awakened Hyperion currently sitting at rank 4.
Which of these three Champions would you rank 5 first?
Thanks for the advice.

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Recently, I chose Heimdall over Hyperion in a Nexus. ;):p

If you are able to bait heavy and intercept with heavy, it is game over, so Hyperion to R5. Hyperion has a little healing as well.

CMM needs the awakening more than Corvus. In my progression, I used CMM more to pair with Nick Fury.
  • zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115
    Have you played with CMM, Corvus, or Hyperion extensively before? Maybe as 4-Stars? Are you familiar with them, are you good with them, do you enjoy them? Do any of them matchup well with the type of gameplay and content you like or plan to do? What are your other Ranked Up top Champs?
  • Bening_OneBening_One Posts: 28
    edited July 2021
    (CMM vs Corvus) I prefer CMM due to her less match-up specific ramp ups

But Hyperion tops those two definitely
  • Midias12Midias12 Posts: 69
    I think Hyperion benefits the most but corvus has one of the most underrated awakened abilities in the game. His immortality has allowed me to do entire paths on map 7 with 1% life. I love corvus so much I maxed out my five star and I'm currently maxing out the sig on my rank 3 6 star
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★

If you are able to bait heavy and intercept with heavy, it is game over, so Hyperion to R5. Hyperion has a little healing as well.

CMM needs the awakening more than Corvus. In my progression, I used CMM more to pair with Nick Fury.

Preposterous. Corvus needs it way more.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Corvys
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Preposterous. Corvus needs it way more.
    So CMM > Corvus. ;)
  • Captain_Dp7Captain_Dp7 Posts: 30
    Thank you all.
    @zaspacer I currently have Cap IW, Apoc, Wolverine, Stark Spidey and Colossus as 5/65 and Warlock and Cable as 6* r2. My go to team for most quests (unless there is a specific node/path/boss of course) is Cap, Warlock, Apoc, Cable and Wolverine. I mostly use Horseman Wolverine for his insane bleeds and healing. He has saved me so many potions and revives at this point.
    Content wise I am Cavalier, but didn't do anything else in act 6. I am currently working on 100% act 5 and Variants. I have only completed Variant 7.
    My 4* CMM is maxed, but i didn't use her to much. She is great against energy damage, and incinerate, but so is Human Torch, who is already at 5* r4.
    With Corvus I have no experience (except for arena), but I have seen some insane stuff.

I think I will awaken Corvus now after all your advice. I kinda regret taking Colossus as my 2nd r5 over Hyperion at the time because now I have so many mutants ranked up... But Hype is definately going to rank 5 soon. I will take Corvus to r4 and test him out.

Thank you all.
    @zaspacer I currently have Cap IW, Apoc, Wolverine, Stark Spidey and Colossus as 5/65 and Warlock and Cable as 6* r2. My go to team for most quests (unless there is a specific node/path/boss of course) is Cap, Warlock, Apoc, Cable and Wolverine. I mostly use Horseman Wolverine for his insane bleeds and healing. He has saved me so many potions and revives at this point.
    Content wise I am Cavalier, but didn't do anything else in act 6. I am currently working on 100% act 5 and Variants. I have only completed Variant 7.
    My 4* CMM is maxed, but i didn't use her to much. She is great against energy damage, and incinerate, but so is Human Torch, who is already at 5* r4.
    With Corvus I have no experience (except for arena), but I have seen some insane stuff.

I think I will awaken Corvus now after all your advice. I kinda regret taking Colossus as my 2nd r5 over Hyperion at the time because now I have so many mutants ranked up... But Hype is definately going to rank 5 soon. I will take Corvus to r4 and test him out.

Sounds like you're in a great spot.

Your champs indicate you are already good at Parry gameplay, and Corvus seems to be a lot of that.

I am actually terrible at Parry gameplay, and I really liked by 4-Star CMM/Fury/Quake, so I chose to rank those up, and never ranked up my 5-Star Corvus (or my CAIW). But it's really only because CMM/Fury/Quake fit my playstyle so well. And I really am that bad at Parry playstyle. I know that for most people Corvus is an amazing Champion, and they would take him over CMM, but CMM is more my playstyle and who I can do well with. If I get better at the Parry playstyle, I will probably take my 5-Star CAIW right up, because his high Sig level is not something I could do with the 6-Star (if I were to get it), so the 5-Star CAIW would be the top CAIW I could get for a very long time.

Good luck, it sounds like you're well set with great Champs that you're very experienced and good with. You should do well.
  • Captain_Dp7Captain_Dp7 Posts: 30
    @zaspacer Thanks man.

Your parry skills will catch up soon! It is not so difficult once you get the basics. Just keep training, maybe use the new Training Grounds in game or watch Dorklessons Videos on YouTube.
    I personally relied on parry to much for a long time. So I was struggling with many stun immune nodes and certain champs like Black Panther CV, Mordo and shrug of champs like Agent Venom, the Groots, X Bones, Kingpin etc. So I am pushing my intercepting skills at the moment and I'm getting quite ok with it. Also there is nothing more satisfying then a good heavy-conter with Cable, once you get the spacing ;)
    You should definately rank up your Cap IW! He was my absolute mvp for so much stuff. He can take blocked hits for ages, has incredible damage (just parry,heavy,sp2), can stop unstoppable opponants and, with his Sig ability, you can customise his utility (petrify, purify, armour break, weaknes debuff, gain more kinetic charges). Only his reliability increases with his sig level. Mine is sig200 and it really makes a difference than, lets say, sig 50.
    Wish you all the best!

@zaspacer Thanks man.

Your parry skills will catch up soon! It is not so difficult once you get the basics. Just keep training, maybe use the new Training Grounds in game or watch Dorklessons Videos on YouTube.
    I personally relied on parry to much for a long time. So I was struggling with many stun immune nodes and certain champs like Black Panther CV, Mordo and shrug of champs like Agent Venom, the Groots, X Bones, Kingpin etc. So I am pushing my intercepting skills at the moment and I'm getting quite ok with it. Also there is nothing more satisfying then a good heavy-conter with Cable, once you get the spacing ;)
    You should definately rank up your Cap IW! He was my absolute mvp for so much stuff. He can take blocked hits for ages, has incredible damage (just parry,heavy,sp2), can stop unstoppable opponants and, with his Sig ability, you can customise his utility (petrify, purify, armour break, weaknes debuff, gain more kinetic charges). Only his reliability increases with his sig level. Mine is sig200 and it really makes a difference than, lets say, sig 50.
    Wish you all the best!

Thanks, and I do hope to get better eventually.

I am Thronebreaker now, and have figured out other ways to fight. But I will keep trying to master Parry at a high % success rate.