**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Question about Buffed Diablo constant regen from Poison debuff

RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
I know this may be a bit controversial considering Diablo just got buffed, but how is it acceptable for Diablo to have this constant and consistent regen from the Poison debuff acceptable but DDHK and Kingpin need to have a reduced regen rate?

Even Immortal Abomination ends up getting less regen once you start stacking the poisons from his abilities which is completely fine and makes sense given the inherent regen reduction from Poison.

the reason that i believe was given for the regen reduction on DDHK was that he could consistently get a blank debuff from his abilities, but that debuff is on a timer and you need to keep eating up your combo to be able to cycle it.

depending on what you need from DDHK, you may not want to consume your combo.

so the claim that DDHK can infinitely regen just negated by the fact that you could(while running suicides) use a small revive on Diablo, dance around landing intercepts and just regen to 100%.

how is that not worth a regen reduction on Diablo?

so IMO either Diablo needs to get regen reduction or DDHK/Kingpin needs to have their regen reduction removed so that the game is fair and balanced.

hopefully before folks start taking Diablo to r3, which i have already seen a few.

Comments

• RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Zan0 said:

He has 30% reduced healing if he's poisoned

correct and he takes zero damage so its a straight net positive regen just from having the debuff present, which doesnt go away unless there is some tranquility node.

RakeYoung said:

Zan0 said:

He has 30% reduced healing if he's poisoned

correct and he takes zero damage so its a straight net positive regen just from having the debuff present, which doesnt go away unless there is some tranquility node.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't IBom have the same mechanic except he stacks poison?
    he does, but with iBom you stack so many poisons that it reduces the regen throughout the fight.

but Diablo doesnt apply poisons to himself, so if you only have the poison from suicides, its a straight regen for the whole fight.

• UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    He needs suicide masteries/specific node to get the poison on himself right?

Not even comparable since Diablo requires suicide masteries for this interaction while being a special spam reliant champion.

thats fair, but from the looks of Karate Mikes video, Diablo regained the health lost from Recoil in a few seconds.

so while Diablo is a special reliant champ, he is easily getting that health back from the constant Poison debuff regen with Will Power.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    RakeYoung said:

Not even comparable since Diablo requires suicide masteries for this interaction while being a special spam reliant champion.

thats fair, but from the looks of Karate Mikes video, Diablo regained the health lost from Recoil in a few seconds.

so while Diablo is a special reliant champ, he is easily getting that health back from the constant Poison debuff regen with Will Power.
    Got any footage that is relevant to today’s content? He’s fighting against a champion with attack values
    From 6 years ago.

RakeYoung said:

Got any footage that is relevant to today’s content? He’s fighting against a champion with attack values
    From 6 years ago.
    sadly i dont, but the thing to highlight is how quickly Diablo regens back the Recoil damage.

It's not a completely invalid argument; but you're talking about an interaction with masteries and comparing it to a champs intrinsic abilities.

All versions of DDHK can stack Rage debuffs.

Only versions of Diablo with the Liquid Courage Mastery can stack Poison debuffs.

A better comparison to Diablo would be with Omega Red, who takes 90% less damage from Double Edge, getting a consistent Willpower healing from it (whilst simultaneously melting his opponent). That's never seemed to bother anyone...

fair, DDHK can stack the Rage debuffs but it doesnt affect the WP regen since it would be the same amount of regen for 1 or 3 Rage debuffs.

the Rage debuff that matters is from his awakened ability that reads:

Murdock Boy - Exiting this mode has 100% chance to grant a stacking 6 to 17 second Rage debuff with no effect.

entering Murdock Boy involves consuming the combo below 15, but those Rage debuffs only matter when you have them stacked and your above 15 combo in Sticks Apprentice because each debuff gives you increased attack.
    also while Omega gets great Regen from a Bleed, the Bleed from Double Edge is on a timer and any Bleeds from nodes or champ abilities are typically short duration.

the bleeds dont last the entire fight on Omega.
    Zan0 said:

RakeYoung said:

so IMO either Diablo needs to get regen reduction or DDHK/Kingpin needs to have their regen reduction removed so that the game is fair and balanced.

hopefully before folks start taking Diablo to r3, which i have already seen a few.

Real life spite node detected
    thats ok, i'll take the heat on this, but mainly cause i enjoy playing DDHK and i'd love to play him with suicides and not just die from standing there with the bleed and poison debuffs.

by the looks of if, Diablo will get a lot of play going forward so i can also see why someone would disagree with what i'm saying here cause it sounds like i'm asking for a "nerf" to his regen.

all i want is for DDHK to not have the reduced regen or have things be consistent across the board.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    I hope the Kabam doesn't back down with Buff like it did with Hood.
    RakeYoung said:

Zan0 said:

RakeYoung said:

thats ok, i'll take the heat on this, but mainly cause i enjoy playing DDHK and i'd love to play him with suicides and not just die from standing there with the bleed and poison debuffs.

by the looks of if, Diablo will get a lot of play going forward so i can also see why someone would disagree with what i'm saying here cause it sounds like i'm asking for a "nerf" to his regen.

all i want is for DDHK to not have the reduced regen or have things be consistent across the board.
    Learn something, there will be champions who improve a lot with suicides and others who are bad with suicides, the Void who is a very good champion, he is harmed by the suicides.

I hope the Kabam doesn't back down with Buff like it did with Hood.

i doubt the regen is a cause to roll back the buff, Kabam just needs to clarify if its intended, they also need to adjust the regen for DDHK/Kingpin or if not then Diablo needs the same reduced regen line added to his abilities.

RakeYoung said:

Zan0 said:

RakeYoung said:

Learn something, there will be champions who improve a lot with suicides and others who are bad with suicides, the Void who is a very good champion, he is harmed by the suicides.
    you are absolutely correct, there are indeed champs that work amazingly well with suicides and can even regen such as Corvus, Omega Red, Namor and Immortal Abomination to name a few.

or we have champs that that work great with suicides because they can shrug off the debuffs such as Aegon, Ghost, BW Claire Voyant, Ronin and all the robots to name a few.

then you have champs that can use suicides and you accept that you will lose health at the beginning of the fight or throughout the fight assuming you use specials and take the recoil damage such as Void, Falcon, Thing and any mutant non-immune champ.

then there is DDHK that simply slowly kills himself from the poison debuff cause WP cant negate the damage like it does for every other champ in this game.

Kingpin can at least shrug off the debuffs so while you dont have to use specials, you wont just die for being in the fight like DDHK will from the poison.
    RakeYoung said:

RakeYoung said:

Zan0 said:

RakeYoung said:

you are absolutely correct, there are indeed champs that work amazingly well with suicides and can even regen such as Corvus, Omega Red, Namor and Immortal Abomination to name a few.

or we have champs that that work great with suicides because they can shrug off the debuffs such as Aegon, Ghost, BW Claire Voyant, Ronin and all the robots to name a few.

then you have champs that can use suicides and you accept that you will lose health at the beginning of the fight or throughout the fight assuming you use specials and take the recoil damage such as Void, Falcon, Thing and any mutant non-immune champ.

then there is DDHK that simply slowly kills himself from the poison debuff cause WP cant negate the damage like it does for every other champ in this game.

Kingpin can at least shrug off the debuffs so while you dont have to use specials, you wont just die for being in the fight like DDHK will from the poison.
    Claire even with suicides, in S2, she regenerates very well, even taking 5% damage, she is one of the champions with more sustainability in the game.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    Mystic Wolverine confirmed
    Haji_Saab said:

Dude, valid argument but doesn’t work in this game … The game is littered with such contradictions.. just be happy about Diablo and forget about DDHK 😅

I agree, a lot of things don't make sense, just look at Sentry, a character with the power of a million suns exploding and in the game is the power of a matchstick.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★
    As poison reduces regen why does he need to be even more downside of regen when hes already suffering from reduced regen rate its kinda fair to him having what he has now from poison as acts like it is with ddhk and kp so doesnt need hurt even more than it is
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★
    RakeYoung said:

Bendy said:

As poison reduces regen why does he need to be even more downside of regen when hes already suffering from reduced regen rate its kinda fair to him having what he has now from poison as acts like it is with ddhk and kp so doesnt need hurt even more than it is

i agree, so in this case the issue is that outside of the normal 30% regen reduction any champ gets from the poison debuff, DDHK and Kingpin have a separate 40% regen reduction.

in the essence of consistency, i'm hopeful Kabam will remove that separate regen reduction from DDHK/KP abilities, considering that the reason for them in the first place was the potential for infinite regen while having the Rage debuff that did zero damage

Diablo now has this eternal poison debuff(suicides) that he takes no damage from and only benefits with regen for the entire fight.
    Dont u understood me about the diablo having poison.

Like since hes got reduced regen rate from poison kabam dont need to reduce his base regen rate since hes already losing 30% if adding more he just wouldnt be healing any damage from blocked hits since regen be too low, unlike kp and ddhk they have rage debuffs that constantly heal but when put together of there regen rate and diablos its pretty close considering so no diablo doesnt need even more reduced regen rate than whats already been done from poison.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    If we are fixing buffs then they should reverse Gambit prowess effect too
This discussion has been closed.