**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

To the complainers I used a r4 5* voodoo. Enough. Stop crying.

Yeah, he's actually a really solid option. I tested mine at r4 as well. After the initial take down with r5 KG. I had suicides on so it was kind of an issue for Voodoo, but without them he's very solid. Poison uptime is legit.
  • Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    OMG, enough of this whining from Cav players...

I'm also Cavalier, but this content isn't designed for all Cav players. It's designed for TBs, and Cav players that are close to being TB. If you're a Cav player and can beat it, good for you, that's awesome!

But stop complaining like it's content that's stopping you from getting to the next level of progression. This isn't permanent content, it's amazing rewards for those that can do it. If you can't beat it, use your resources for something that you can, and progress that way.

Tl;dr
    It's called the Summer of Pain, not the Summer of Pleasure
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 240
    DrZola said:

Thecurler said:

It’s an annoying fight no doubt, but it’s to be expected.
    The amount of complaints over the difficulty within an hour of it’s release are absurd.

The only complaint I have is Mysterio’s animations cause some combat lag on my device (iPhone 12) and make the combat feel sticky and more difficult to control.

This has always been an issue with Mysterio for me as well. Especially when you have a heavy-happy AI, the jangly, laggy gameplay can be an issue.

Overall, the fight is a little cheesy—it’s more niche than I’d like to see, but it is doable without raising the stash or dropping units if you have a handful of champs. If you don’t, it can be done with a decent amount of skill and patience with nearly any champ.

I appreciate the practice evading his Sp1. It’s something I’ve avoided and this week made me learn it or risks not completing the quest.

I used iBom and a couple of L1 revives (I’m not counting the last one because I got bombed by a heavy from what felt like across the room with Mysterio at 1%) but I think I will experiment with KG and Voodoo today.

Dr. Zola
    Something similar happened to me with Mysterio at 1010 hp.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    6* r2 man-thing got it done for me.

Got mysterio to 57% on first try and decided to just revive and keep going.

4 lv1 revives later and he's down. gladly trade 4 lv1 revives for 5k 6* shards... just glad that's over. here's to hoping i have the counter for next week's boss.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    5*r4 iAbom is good enough on him. Best strategy is:
    1. Intercept, minimise parry
    2. Bait his SP1, dex it (4 dex per evade is 1 perfect dex), then evade to avoid reflection (you can still hit him during reflection stage, so as to avoid being cornered), then launch your SP1
    3. Repeat point 2 again until you got 10 poison charges, then bait Mysterio SP1 twice and you launch SP2
    4. Then repeat point 2 for around 20 times. Mysterio is killed.

• FloschkaFloschka Posts: 41
    edited July 2021
    Since we are getting closer to week 4 and the objectives for thronebreaker, I wanted to ask a question.
    Looking at how many points you need per milestone, there should be weeks with more than one objective. The way the system works it gives you one point for the win and one point for each objective. Do I need to win the fight with all objectives at once to get all the extra points at once or can they be done in separate tries and collecting them individually?
    Example: One objective is “do it with a 4*” and another one is “use a metal champ”. Do I need to do it with a 4* Metal champ then or can I do 2 runs with a 4* AND THEN with a metal champ?

I guess we’ll have to wait and see, but if someone got an answer for me, feel free to share.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Floschka said:

Since we are getting closer to week 4 and the objectives for thronebreaker, I wanted to ask a question.
    Looking at how many points you need per milestone, there should be weeks with more than one objective. The way the system works it gives you one point for the win and one point for each objective. Do I need to win the fight with all objectives at once to get all the extra points at once or can they be done in separate tries and collecting them individually?
    Example: One objective is “do it with a 4*” and another one is “use a metal champ”. Do I need to do it with a 4* Metal champ then or can I do 2 runs with a 4* AND THEN with a metal champ?

I guess we’ll have to wait and see, but if someone got an answer for me, feel free to share.

I don't think any player can give you the answer, except for the Mods.

According to the description in post #1:
    "Starting with Week 4, we will be introducing Special Objectives that add an extra level of challenge to each of the Quests. These objectives will only be available to Summoners that have earned the title of Thronebreaker (by completing Act 6 Chapter 4, and possessing a Rank 3 6-Star Champion)."

I guess those objectives would be similar to what you've mentioned, such as only use 4* or below, or only use certain champ.....something like that.
  • Nomad123Nomad123 Posts: 8
    Hey f2p player here, so I dont have any counters for this week's mysterio except 5 star Man-thing and king groot (both at R2 atm), I have hoard some gold, ISO and CATS (4 T5s, and some ALphas) in hopes if I ever pull a god tier champ, but we all know this is hardly the case.

Now who should I max out? Man-thing? King groot? (IK they both will be pretty useless after the fight) but which champios has the least chance of taking my revs against Mysterio.

I have 2 cosmic awakening gems and 1 generic, so I can awaken and put em on high sig.

I will appreciate if someone takes the time out to help a brother out, thanks.
  • MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Sooo week 3 SoP will be over before we can use updated Diablo? Is this true?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Sooo week 3 SoP will be over before we can use updated Diablo? Is this true?

No, you should have about 24 hours assuming that the update goes live on Tuesday.
  • MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Nice. Diablo on paper is really good. R2ed him.

Just a plus that we can use him for sop
  • AzmingAzming Posts: 37
    edited July 2021
    Nomad123 said:

Hey f2p player here, so I dont have any counters for this week's mysterio except 5 star Man-thing and king groot (both at R2 atm), I have hoard some gold, ISO and CATS (4 T5s, and some ALphas) in hopes if I ever pull a god tier champ, but we all know this is hardly the case.

Now who should I max out? Man-thing? King groot? (IK they both will be pretty useless after the fight) but which champios has the least chance of taking my revs against Mysterio.

I have 2 cosmic awakening gems and 1 generic, so I can awaken and put em on high sig.

I would go for KG, he can put perm armor break on mysterio as long as fury still active(sp1) and he cant convert poison to you(one of his node), class advantage, and tanky + regen if awakened. But the only poison he could inflict is through sp2, so you need to bait his sp1 2x.

I dont know about MT, never used him much besides arena purposes. But its ur choice to rank them up. The rest are ur skills and patience.

Btw, do u have any other high rank *5-*6 poison champs like ibom, abo, apoc, mysterio, etc ?

Anyway, dont ever feel useless ranking up ur champs. They can be good for other uses, like diversity points in AW and other future events.

Hope that helps.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Floschka said:

My guess actually is that for the next six weeks (weeks four through nine) there will be one fight and one solo objective. That means at the end of week nine Cav players will have a maximum of nine points (which is what they are stated to max out at) and TB players will max out at 15 points which is equal to milestone 8. This is the highest milestone that doesn’t contain r4 materials. Then in week ten (August 18 according to the announcement) the special two week final challenge will come out that contains a maximum of 12 points possible, which would take TB players to a maximum of 27 points, which is milestone 11.

This is just a guess, but it is my best guess given what we know about the peak milestone rewards and how the event itself is structured.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Floschka said:

My guess actually is that for the next six weeks (weeks four through nine) there will be one fight and one solo objective. That means at the end of week nine Cav players will have a maximum of nine points (which is what they are stated to max out at) and TB players will max out at 15 points which is equal to milestone 8. This is the highest milestone that doesn’t contain r4 materials. Then in week ten (August 18 according to the announcement) the special two week final challenge will come out that contains a maximum of 12 points possible, which would take TB players to a maximum of 27 points, which is milestone 11.

This is just a guess, but it is my best guess given what we know about the peak milestone rewards and how the event itself is structured.
    That doesn't sound too bad. I'm still worried about what direction the objectives will go in for sure. I made sure I came prepared for anything they throw at us hopefully it doesn't involve 4 stars or less. I really don't enjoy playing with anything under 5 star at this point.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Hello there Summoners,

Hope you have been enjoying the sunshine, the longer days, and of course the PAIN. We mentioned before that objectives for additional points would begin appearing for Thronebreaker players with Week 4, so we wanted to give you a taste of the objectives that you expect soon.

These objectives will put certain requirements on which Champions you can use in the Fight, and each one you complete will give you another point in the Summoner of Pain Solo Event.

Don't worry, these objectives won't be as specific as Carina's Challenge, where you must use a specific Champion, but don't expect to be able to Ghost or Quake your way through most of the fights either! Along with more general class requirements, you can expect to see tags such as:

• Symbiotes
    • Spider-Verse Heroes
    • Robots
    • S.H.I.E.L.D.
    • XL Villains
    The first set of Objectives will accompany the next Summoner Of Pain quest, starting Wednesday, July 7th at 10 am PT!
    These look really interesting to test roster depth I’m looking forward to them!

I’m curious, was there ever any discussion about having objectives based on something other than champion tags or classes? I know we haven’t seen it in game but something along the lines of “complete the fight and perform X intercepts” or “use less than X parries”. Or maybe even “finish the fight above X% health”. Encouraging different playstyle, or prioritising health gain above other stuff.

Not that I’m disappointed about anything, just wondering about the future of objectives like these.

Is there, or could there be the functionality to track stats like these during the fight?
  • Nomad123Nomad123 Posts: 8
    Azming said:

Nomad123 said:

I would go for KG, he can put perm armor break on mysterio as long as fury still active(sp1) and he cant convert poison to you(one of his node), class advantage, and tanky + regen if awakened. But the only poison he could inflict is through sp2, so you need to bait his sp1 2x.

I dont know about MT, never used him much besides arena purposes. But its ur choice to rank them up. The rest are ur skills and patience.

Btw, do u have any other high rank *5-*6 poison champs like ibom, abo, apoc, mysterio, etc ?

Anyway, dont ever feel useless ranking up ur champs. They can be good for other uses, like diversity points in AW and other future events.

Hope that helps.
    Uh yes thanks for the advice man but I chose MT, spent all my saved up items on him :') and got it done with it lol it took me 1 rev and full boosts to defeat him, i just hope these extra rewards are worth it lol.

and no I didnt have any other poison champ lol, I really hope they buff MT.

Hello there Summoners,

Hope you have been enjoying the sunshine, the longer days, and of course the PAIN. We mentioned before that objectives for additional points would begin appearing for Thronebreaker players with Week 4, so we wanted to give you a taste of the objectives that you expect soon.

These objectives will put certain requirements on which Champions you can use in the Fight, and each one you complete will give you another point in the Summoner of Pain Solo Event.

Don't worry, these objectives won't be as specific as Carina's Challenge, where you must use a specific Champion, but don't expect to be able to Ghost or Quake your way through most of the fights either! Along with more general class requirements, you can expect to see tags such as:

• Symbiotes
    • Spider-Verse Heroes
    • Robots
    • S.H.I.E.L.D.
    • XL Villains
    The first set of Objectives will accompany the next Summoner Of Pain quest, starting Wednesday, July 7th at 10 am PT!

I’m curious, was there ever any discussion about having objectives based on something other than champion tags or classes? I know we haven’t seen it in game but something along the lines of “complete the fight and perform X intercepts” or “use less than X parries”. Or maybe even “finish the fight above X% health”. Encouraging different playstyle, or prioritising health gain above other stuff.

Not that I’m disappointed about anything, just wondering about the future of objectives like these.

Is there, or could there be the functionality to track stats like these during the fight?
    That's a really interesting idea... I don't know if the functionality for that exists right now, but I'm gonna pass that on to the team!
    Thanks Miike!
    Ebony_Naw said:

Hello there Summoners,

• Symbiotes
    • Spider-Verse Heroes
    • Robots
    • S.H.I.E.L.D.
    • XL Villains

That's a really interesting idea... I don't know if the functionality for that exists right now, but I'm gonna pass that on to the team!
    It really sounds like an awesome idea! Props to @BitterSteel for thinking of it. I wonder if you could borrow functionality from the daily objectives that give the cab objective crystals to make it work, like instead of 'x' dexes or 'y' parries in any quest, it would only trigger in SoP.

Really cool idea and would be amazing to see something like that in the future if feasible.
    Thanks @Ebony_Naw !! That’s a great point about the dex daily objective I forgot about that for a second. So there is a similar functionality there, if it could be utilised for intercepts, parries etc then that would be really cool!

I’ll try and have a think of some more potential objectives I’d like to see. Maybe like evade X times in the match, to encourage champs that use evade offensively. There’s so many different avenues objectives like these could go!
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Hello there Summoners,

• Symbiotes
    • Spider-Verse Heroes
    • Robots
    • S.H.I.E.L.D.
    • XL Villains
    So no rarity restrictions, that's a blessing.
    Having to play around tags and class restrictions actually sounds fun and (probably) won't cost a small fortune of revives.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★

Hello there Summoners,

• Symbiotes
    • Spider-Verse Heroes
    • Robots
    • S.H.I.E.L.D.
    • XL Villains

Thank you so very much instead of fixing bugs they gonna look into this (I’d rather them fixing bugs)
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Piviot said:

Hello there Summoners,

• Symbiotes
    • Spider-Verse Heroes
    • Robots
    • S.H.I.E.L.D.
    • XL Villains

Thank you so very much instead of fixing bugs they gonna look into this (I’d rather them fixing bugs)
    You know that there are many teams in a games company who all work on the game right? It's not like 4 dudes are doing the coding, production, marketing, testing, planning, scheduling, art, assets, and creating new ideas.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    darkhawk was so much easier than mysterio. red mags 1 shot + 2 solo objectives.