**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Rarest Resource In The Game

No it's not what you're thinking. It's not tier 6 basics, it's not tier 3 alphas, no it's ISO-8. The current system in the game encourages people to spend money in order to dupe champions and get relatively small amounts of iso. What are the ftp players expected to do. Sure there will be dupes from four star crystals that give iso, but it's never enough. Let me know if y'all agree and what y'all suggest for a solution

Comments

• ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

OGAvenger said:

In before someone says you don’t spend enough time in certain areas of the game (cough arena) or that you don’t manage your resources well enough!

I’ll be that guy.
    what
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★

Duel Credits are the rarest resource

I miss duel credits
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Iso is not the "rarest" thing in the game
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Good Luck is the rarest resource in the game for me....especially when opening 6* crystals
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Pick 2 of shards gold and iso. Without the perfect balance, one will always be the limiting factor. It most recently was gold. It used to be new worthwhile champions to spend those resources on. It is currently iso. It goes in cycles.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

No it's not what you're thinking. It's not tier 6 basics, it's not tier 3 alphas, no it's ISO-8. The current system in the game encourages people to spend money in order to dupe champions and get relatively small amounts of iso. What are the ftp players expected to do. Sure there will be dupes from four star crystals that give iso, but it's never enough. Let me know if y'all agree and what y'all suggest for a solution

ISO is one of the few resources F2P players can literally grind an almost unlimited amount of. They might not want to spend all that time grinding it, but it’s hard to say that F2P players are at a disadvantage when it comes to ISO.

In terms of what F2P players can get in the game compared to spenders, spenders have cash (and time) and F2P players have time. Time in the arena can get you battlechips, units, and gold directly, and it can get a lot of ISO indirectly. It isn’t absolutely unlimited, but it is more than you could ever use.

An F2P player that doesn’t want to spend money and also doesn’t want to spend time will be at a disadvantage to players willing to spend one or the other or both. But now you aren’t talking about F2P players in general, you’re talking about players that don’t spend lots of time or money, low activity players basically. Those players will have shortages, not just in ISO but in lots of places. Which is to be expected. In fact, this is even desirable because if low activity players were not at a significant disadvantage, the players who spend lots of time or money or both would not be getting anything important for their time and money. That would discourage players from spending and playing. Not a good idea if you care about the long term viability of the game.

How many units do you expect to get from arena per month? Let's say 3k? It's 15 cav crystals. Half of them is expected to be 3* champs, half 4+. So let it be 8 4* dupes. I'm not sure if it's enough to r3 6* champ. Anyway, it is definitely limited
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    Another rarer resource than ISO- stamina refills for arena
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    T6 ISO. And fully formed t5cc
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    I have a duel credit
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Aleor said:

DNA3000 said:

ISO is one of the few resources F2P players can literally grind an almost unlimited amount of. They might not want to spend all that time grinding it, but it’s hard to say that F2P players are at a disadvantage when it comes to ISO.

In terms of what F2P players can get in the game compared to spenders, spenders have cash (and time) and F2P players have time. Time in the arena can get you battlechips, units, and gold directly, and it can get a lot of ISO indirectly. It isn’t absolutely unlimited, but it is more than you could ever use.

An F2P player that doesn’t want to spend money and also doesn’t want to spend time will be at a disadvantage to players willing to spend one or the other or both. But now you aren’t talking about F2P players in general, you’re talking about players that don’t spend lots of time or money, low activity players basically. Those players will have shortages, not just in ISO but in lots of places. Which is to be expected. In fact, this is even desirable because if low activity players were not at a significant disadvantage, the players who spend lots of time or money or both would not be getting anything important for their time and money. That would discourage players from spending and playing. Not a good idea if you care about the long term viability of the game.

How many units do you expect to get from arena per month? Let's say 3k? It's 15 cav crystals. Half of them is expected to be 3* champs, half 4+. So let it be 8 4* dupes. I'm not sure if it's enough to r3 6* champ. Anyway, it is definitely limited
    I don't spend any of my units on crystals anymore (not directly anyway), and I still keep getting piles of ISO. It isn't the units, it is the piles of crystals I keep opening constantly. Grandmaster crystals, 4* 5* and 6* crystals, and even PHCs. They add up. And when I say add up, I mean I have about one million PHC shards right now, and 1860 unopened PHC crystals I'm sitting on that I occasionally open for event points because I literally cannot use the ISO in there. My ISO stash says 1588 ISO bricks, and I just did two rank threes.

Let me put it this way: I sell about half my ISO for gold, because I can't use it all. I currently have 211 million gold. That's mostly from arena grinding, so when I say it is not literally an unlimited source of ISO but for all practical purposes it might as well be, that's what I mean by almost unlimited.

Except for the occasional "let's spin one of these for fun" the crystals I get from units come from buying the Cavalier completion bundle every week. 5k 6* shards, 15k 5* shards, and five Cav crystals. Everything else ISO related comes mainly from arena milestone and rank rewards. The units I save for completing content or the occasional big ticket offer.