**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summ(on)er Event

Comments

• Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 531 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ok for me if is free as calandar normal πŸ‘
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Kabam Boo said:

Re: Bundles
    Some of you are wondering about the Shards, so maybe this will help...
    If you only do Camp, you can definitely get the 11k x 5-Star Shards, as well as the 6.4k x 6-Star Shards. As for the other Shards, you will need a Resort Pass to earn enough Tokens for those.

Cant you just tell us what the rewards will be without and with the pass? This is a very weird way to present the rewards
    Everything except the last 7 rewards will be without the pass

Umm...could you help me understand how you arrived at this calculation?
    The pass unlocks the next 7 objectives so it stands to reason the last 7 won't be accessible if you don't have the pass
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2021

Piviot said:

If this is(if if if) the summoner appreciate thing then it’s a big middle finger to us all

Firstly it has always been a calendar

I can kinda see a kill this for a reward
    but this is a kill this to kill that to get this item that you cash in for a reward

This better not be the appreciation

The whole event has evolved over time. I don't believe when it started, it was a calendar. Pretty sure it was an event of some sort. But, it wasn't ever guaranteed that it would come back every year. They even stated the first time they did the 90 day calendar, that it may not be permanent.

There is still a lot of free stuff in this event.

But don't do it if you don't like it. People with your attitude don't deserve appreciation for anything because you can't even appreciate the free stuff you're getting.

Here is a video from 2017 where it was a months long event with week 4 having a 7 day calendar. So no, it hasn't always been a calendar.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54BG8iIdgCg
    I’m sorry if I came of as (with my attitude so what do I call it?)

I can’t watch the video just restarts everytime(my connection is not that good)

So I was wrong about the calendar not everyone is accurate and want to be

So what was it the 2* arena

And I’ve spent thousands like 2

I’ve stopped now
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Piviot said:

Piviot said:

If this is(if if if) the summoner appreciate thing then it’s a big middle finger to us all

Firstly it has always been a calendar

I can kinda see a kill this for a reward
    but this is a kill this to kill that to get this item that you cash in for a reward

This better not be the appreciation

The whole event has evolved over time. I don't believe when it started, it was a calendar. Pretty sure it was an event of some sort. But, it wasn't ever guaranteed that it would come back every year. They even stated the first time they did the 90 day calendar, that it may not be permanent.

There is still a lot of free stuff in this event.

But don't do it if you don't like it. People with your attitude don't deserve appreciation for anything because you can't even appreciate the free stuff you're getting.

Here is a video from 2017 where it was a months long event with week 4 having a 7 day calendar. So no, it hasn't always been a calendar.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54BG8iIdgCg
    I’m sorry if I came of as (with my attitude so what do I call it?)

I can’t watch the video just restarts everytime(my connection is not that good)

So I was wrong about the calendar not everyone is accurate and want to be

So what was it the 2* arena

And I’ve spent thousands like 2

I’ve stopped now
    So you're saying you stopped spending because they didn't give you a 90 calendar?
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 β˜…β˜…
    Is it $15 for the whole event? Or monthly? Or weekly? Or daily?
    Kade7175 said:

It says it's equivalent to 2 Star Lord loot bags which those are $9.99 USD. So $20 for the whole event.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kade7175 said:

I’d liked like a answer to this as well….weekly $20? Come on. One time purchase alright.
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 β˜…β˜…
    Well it says the resort is equal to 15, then the plus is 20. So is that stacked for a total of 35? Is it a one time purchase for the full event?
    Skiddy212 said:

Kade7175 said:

I’d liked like a answer to this as well….weekly $20? Come on. One time purchase alright.
    It's a one time purchase. I didn't see the post above the Resort plus. So it looks like it's-
    $15 for the Resort pass
    $20 for the Resort pass+

$35 plus tax in total for all the extra stuff plus the free Camp version.
  • mattressmattress Posts: 403 β˜…β˜…
    So a 3 mth event with free rewards with a (payable)sigil? Is that the best way to break it down? I don't see the problem
  • Santa_PsycheSanta_Psyche Posts: 150 β˜…
    edited July 2021
    Never in my life have I seen those many 6*shards at once πŸ˜†
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Do ppl realize that purchase quest is optional ? if you want 15k 6* shards, you can still get this, purchase just allow you to get more tokens, it's not like they lock the whole event behind paywall, f2p just have to plan to buy what or what not.
  • Matrixdemonmemegod1Matrixdemonmemegod1 Posts: 112 β˜…
    If I become cav midway will progress reset?
  • CrainOnTheBrainCrainOnTheBrain Posts: 82 β˜…
    I’m not surprised. But I just want to know: how many can I get from free to play and how many can I get from the resort plus? Because if it’s a lot more, that’s more of an issue. Summoner appreciation was good, broken, but at least it was free. I like how this has tier progression, which fixes the broken nature of that calendar, but I’m not going to buy the pass
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Buttehrs said:

I think I'm more annoyed by the fact kabam is following In every other mobile games recent footsteps with a "battle pass" type of system. They are becoming entirely too common and are worse than microtransactions in my opinion.

These things date back to at least the mid-late 2000s as they were a staple of hybrid free to play conversions of MMOs. They've basically been around forever at this point and I thought they'd been around in mobile games for quite a while now. If they haven't, no idea why.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Kabam Boo said:

Re: Bundles
    Some of you are wondering about the Shards, so maybe this will help...
    If you only do Camp, you can definitely get the 11k x 5-Star Shards, as well as the 6.4k x 6-Star Shards. As for the other Shards, you will need a Resort Pass to earn enough Tokens for those.

Thanks for the clarification. So without the pass, many items would not be available
    Well for FTP they can just set a target bundle to purchase so to maximize the rewards from each token.