**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fight Mechanics STILL broke...

What exactly did he kick??? This has been an issue for months now... fudged margin's here and there to produce the following for any character, any arena, at any give time:

- hits that land but shouldn't (see vid below)
- AI scooting forward JUST A SMIDGE when launching a spinning heavy like the ones from full crescent kick characters like
all the female ones (I'm gonna get vid of that too),
- AI manages to parry or launch a special a special IMMEDIATELY after a perfectly executed combo lands on them
- Blocks/Evades that are just PRESUMABLY a split second delayed so you get rolled (maybe the never actually happen?)
- Back swipes that only go half-way and only OCCASIONALLY work twice in a row
- Complete loss of controls (how does this happen???)
- Dexterity that doesn't proc when you need it most against aggressive AI
- Unstoppable on Jug and UC that somehow manages to stay unstoppable even after the timer expires
- A host of character specific defects
- Whiffing the air like an idiot despite forward swiping repeatedly for dash attack

The list goes on... but bottom line is, they all add up to shoddy programming. We've been posting these broken general fight mechanics since 12.0 (The patch heard 'round the world) with only a very generalized passing comment that "we're aware of some of these issues and hope to fix them in the upcoming patch release"... well, you didn't.

This fight engine is broke and I know you all know this... Maybe in your effort to make the game more challenging so you could make more coin off of us, you reached too far and now you can't undo the mess you made eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3dO499DyWM

iPad mini-4, latest iOS, latest mcoc build.

Comments

• Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    I had a really hard time understanding what you wrote, anyway I don't really see anything wrong in the video... you didnìt block and he hit you. The range is not bugged, maybe it's you not having blocked fast enough. Most of the things you listed were fixed (like the UC infinite Unstoppable), and the AI being more responsive is not a bug, but I believe it's an enhancement made to make them harder to fight.

There are still some big issues that need to be resolved, especially the ones related to evasion, but not the one you listed.
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    Fel_95 wrote: »
    I had a really hard time understanding what you wrote, anyway I don't really see anything wrong in the video... you didnìt block and he hit you. The range is not bugged, maybe it's you not having blocked fast enough. Most of the things you listed were fixed (like the UC infinite Unstoppable), and the AI being more responsive is not a bug, but I believe it's an enhancement made to make them harder to fight.

There are still some big issues that need to be resolved, especially the ones related to evasion, but not the one you listed.

You didn't see anything wrong? Look closer - he clearly never actually made contact with me. You're assuming whatever was fixed was fixed for EVERYONE. I don't mind the AI being more 'responsive' as long as WE can do it too, which we clearly cannot - kinda my whole point. As for your reading comprehension, can't help you there, sorry.
    And another one just recently added... Still think they are all fixed???

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/18419#Comment_18419
  • RentonXDRentonXD Posts: 132
    I guess you can see in the video that the human input to block is 2-3 times delayed a bit not much but enough to show you that it can't compare to the AI reaction time and following counter attack.

Yea they made the AI all over faster to make it harder to find. Maybe to make it not to easy for those who have 5* maxed out champs. Seem legit but hurts all other players.
    It does the same junk on my iPhone so don't go there. It LOOKS like he kicked me but if you pause it at impact ( I tried to but no editing skills) he never touched me. I'll try and get a freeze on it
    edited June 2017
    It does matter, why wouldn't it matter??? Hit box? WTF is that? Ok I'll go frame by frame for ya'll here:

Frame 1: Note where is his BOOT is, note where my HEAD is:

ken8z3ieqnkn.jpg

Note where the BLAST is and compare to image above. Did he kick my aura then or what?

q3xzqkfx73o2.jpg

I know how to evade, but that's broke too in case you haven't noticed. Hitbox = developers excuse for not paying attention to detail.
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    In this case that kick is very close to you and the hit box of characters sometimes extends further than the character model so that might be why you got hit. So yes he kinda is hitting your aura.
    If you don't know what a hit box is look it up.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Tman0971 wrote: »
    I know how to evade, but that's broke too in case you haven't noticed. Hitbox = developers excuse for not paying attention to detail.

evade has been fixed
    Tman0971 wrote: »

How is a hit box an excuse if there was no hit box you wouldn't be able to hit them nor would they be able to hit you.
    [/quote]

evade has been fixed
    [/quote]

No it hasnt, not for everyone. Everyone on iOS (including me) in my alliance still sees it in various situations.
    Ya all the floaty champs I have still do weak backdash. Voodoo, doc strange, rogue, are the ones I play the most.
  • I'm having an issue still in 13.1. Sometimes during an all light 5 hit combo, at the 3rd or 4th hit my champ just stands there. Also I'm getting blocks that don't register. This seem to happen after consecutive evade and block. I believe both are related whenever one does two actions very quickly. So the second action does not seem to register. Using nvidia shield k1 with android 7.0. shield tablet version 5.2