**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champion nerfs

IllusionaryIllusionary Posts: 43
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Can we get some? The meta within MCOC has frankly felt incredibly stale for far too long at this point. I'm not suggesting that champions like Quake and Ghost should be nerfed to the ground, but adjust them so that they aren't so dominant at the top. I believe it was said at the beginning of the champion buff program that nerfs would take place as well, but we haven't seen any as of yet.

Ghost and to a greater extent, Quake simply aren't healthy for the longevity of the game. Competitive games like MCOC are at their best when the meta is ever-shifting, but with those two champions remaining dominant for years now, the meta has only grown staler and staler over time. Kabam, I implore you to fix this for the sake of MCOC's health.

Side note: Providing RDT's should a nerf like this take place is a prerequisite. People have invested in these champions and thus would have every right to be aggravated. In a case like this where nerfing these champions is fairly necessary for the heath of the game, providing RDT's are a far lesser evil comparatively.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• IllusionaryIllusionary Posts: 43

No.

Why is that? Can you honestly tell me that you believe the dominance that Ghost and Quake possess is healthy for the game?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★

No.

Why is that? Can you honestly tell me that you believe the dominance that Ghost and Quake possess is healthy for the game?
    It’s irrelevant to the health of the game. I have them both at 5/65 and am very capable with them. I also rarely ever use them because there are plenty of other champions to use in the matchups that I would pull them out for.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Quake isn't being released as a 6* and will likely fall out of the meta as a result. There is also an increasing amount of champs that have an anti-ghost mechanic built in, if your war defense gets swept by ghost you need to do a better job at setting it and forcing them to bring in other champs

No.

Don’t use them if you don’t want to
    I do use them, actually. This isn't a question of personal preference because I do thoroughly enjoy using them (especially Quake), but the argument that they are healthy for the game's long term existence is simply ludicrous.
  • mort_07mort_07 Posts: 475
    This is a joke, right?

Can we get some? The meta within MCOC has frankly felt incredibly stale for far too long at this point. I'm not suggesting that champions like Quake and Ghost should be nerfed to the ground, but adjust them so that they aren't so dominant at the top. I believe it was said at the beginning of the champion buff program that nerfs would take place as well, but we haven't seen any as of yet.

Ghost and to a greater extent, Quake simply aren't healthy for the longevity of the game. Competitive games like MCOC are at their best when the meta is ever-shifting, but with those two champions remaining dominant for years now, the meta has only grown staler and staler over time. Kabam, I implore you to fix this for the sake of MCOC's health.

Side note: Providing RDT's should a nerf like this take place is a prerequisite. People have invested in these champions and thus would have every right to be aggravated. In a case like this where nerfing these champions is fairly necessary for the heath of the game, providing RDT's are a far lesser evil comparatively.

In Arena is More Horror Nerf:
    King Pin,
    Nf,
    Thing,
    Dr.Doom.

Quake is being soft nerfed as of right now by her lack of 6* form.

She is, but the issue that arises is how capable she still can be even at that lower rating. She absolutely decimated Gauntlet, a game mode that she had no right whatsoever to do so in. Personally, I've always been against champions not being released at higher star ratings because one of the core aspects of this game is the process of collecting, so in my eyes a small to considerable-sized nerf would be the best option.
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    Seems pretty easy to resolve. If the really dont want players using these champs for ALL content develop nodes to counter them on occasion. Not all the time or there would be no value in having them. But Nerfing them would cause unimaginable outrage. And rightly so. When you spend real money on resources to invest in a champion based on the abilitys you are told they have, issuing a RDT would not be sufficent. There is no problem with these champs in the game
    Kill_Grey said:

Man, you're way too late for this. This topic has been discussed over and over again, and it's clear that Ghost and Quake are not getting touched. Countermeasures are easy, kabam is releasing hard counters in terms of nodes and champs to neuter their abilities in one way or another (plus the absence of a 6* Quake).

I'm also gonna assume you haven't explored act 6. If you have, you most likely wouldn't be yearning for a nerf to these champs, cuz you know how much more you'd have spent if you didn't have either of them to clear certain portions of it.

You would be correct in saying I haven't explored act 6, though I have completed and explored every other piece of content (Gauntlet included). I would agree with you if Act 7 was set to continue on the same path that Act 6 built, but with how much easier and non-restrictive Act 7 is in comparison, Ghost and Quake aren't needed.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

She is, but the issue that arises is how capable she still can be even at that lower rating. She absolutely decimated Gauntlet, a game mode that she had no right whatsoever to do so in. Personally, I've always been against champions not being released at higher star ratings because one of the core aspects of this game is the process of collecting, so in my eyes a small to considerable-sized nerf would be the best option.
    When r4’s and r5’s are available (assuming r5 doesn’t have a new kind of catalyst) Quake will quickly lose her top spot in the game. Right she is only around one rank lower then the max possibly so she still gets use. However when content shifts to more r4/r5 6*s there will be a decrease in all 5* use.

In short, the game next steps push Quake out.

When r4’s and r5’s are available (assuming r5 doesn’t have a new kind of catalyst) Quake will quickly lose her top spot in the game. Right she is only around one rank lower then the max possibly so she still gets use. However when content shifts to more r4/r5 6*s there will be a decrease in all 5* use.

In short, the game next steps push Quake out.
    You're assuming that new ranks continue to see attack and health boosts proportionate to previous jumps, which based on the knowledge we have and trends we've seen isn't the case.
    Zan0 said:

Quake isn't being released as a 6* and will likely fall out of the meta as a result. There is also an increasing amount of champs that have an anti-ghost mechanic built in, if your war defense gets swept by ghost you need to do a better job at setting it and forcing them to bring in other champs

I'm waiting until they release 6 star gated content. So they can finally lock her out
    The issue with this is that it also gates the utilization of other champions that aren't as overpowered. 5 stars are and will continue to be valuable, let alone usable for a while to come unless Kabam introduces artificial handicaps on that rating of champion.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★
    I’m disliked nerft in general. And I’m don’t se ghost and quake need it there can just put true strikes one more node for preventing quake and put node rust for ghost. Ect. There’s is better way to limte there using
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

No.

I never ever use Quake and only use my Ghost on occasion, and I can clear content just fine. Whether other people are quaking their way thru content has no impact on me. Ghost and Quake are terrible defenders, which is the main way I would encounter their place on other rosters.

As a player, I want to use a variety of champs. In 7.2 exploration, I used Ghost on maybe 5-6 paths total, although I could have used her much more. She's 6sr3, and I have 6s Odin and the rest of the Ghost team.

And of course neither Quake or Ghost have been dominant or even that useful against the hardest bosses in the game, as far as I know. Or in The Abyss. I suppose the Gauntlet was the one hard content in which they were useful.

I prefer to look at it like this -- champs are getting buffed quickly. I woke up today to find my 6sr1 awakened Diablo and Bishop are now really god champs that can do things Quake and Ghost cannot.
    Gamer said:

I’m disliked nerft in general. And I’m don’t se ghost and quake need it there can just put true strikes one more node for preventing quake and put node rust for ghost. Ect. There’s is better way to limte there using

The issue is that by doing that you also limit other champions that aren't overpowered who share evade mechanics, such as Mister Negative.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    So I spent money and time to get and rank up these champs and now you want Kabam to nerf Ghost and Quake? I don't know what compensation would be enough for me and other players.

P.S. they already tried something like this and it was huge fail (update v12.0).

Never going to happen even though it should. Kabam lost their spine in-between Act 6 and Act 7.

Players complain about overtuned content but refuse to accept that content design got to that point in the first place bc of champs that were basically broken existing in the game.

You can't properly tune difficulty around lesser champs still being usable while Quake, Ghost, and Magneto (Corvus in AQ) are still running rampant. Act 7 chapters can basically be done by any average player with a Ghost, a few hours, and a handful of boosts now that they've moved to the everyone gets a prize model of content design. They let players forget how to walk without a crutch and they're just never going to have the stones to take the crutches away and apparently even design content to specifically remove then as options (Guantlet).

Been singing this song for a long time but it's being sung to a deaf audience so it's basically pointless at this point.

As always, I only see facts.
    Renaxqq said:

So I spent money and time to get and rank up these champs and now you want Kabam to nerf Ghost and Quake? I don't know what compensation would be enough for me and other players.

P.S. they already tried something like this and it was huge fail (update v12.0).

12.0 was by no means a fail. Anybody with the ability to consider the long-term effects of champions that dominant existing in the game realizes that 12.0 was needed for the sake of the game's longevity, just as some action needs to be taken to reduce the dominance of Ghost and Quake (Mags and Corvus as well like Work said, though likely to a lesser degree) in order to maintain the game's longevity.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    My mom always told me….if I have nothing nice to say, just hit the disagree button.

Hard disagree. Case in point: Blade. People said the same thing. And now people think he’s “outdated.”

The game will transition. Newer champs will bring fresh perspectives. The Meta will shift. It’ll be fine.