**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summ(on)er Event

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Free stuff is a bad motivational tactic... learnt that a few years ago from Freakonomics (or was it Super Freakonomics?).

Do it once and people appreciate it, after that it becomes an expectation and actually reduces motivation and increases disgruntled attitudes if the reward is not increase.

You mean like..... Rank down tickets 😬
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Also, the OP was updated to suggest that the resort pass is cost "equivelant", do we know if this means that with Star lords loot box being 275 units, we could also purchase the pass for 2 x 275 units, meaning that everyone has access to the rewards if they want to spend 550 units earned from grinding?
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Haji_Saab said:

Free stuff is a bad motivational tactic... learnt that a few years ago from Freakonomics (or was it Super Freakonomics?).

Do it once and people appreciate it, after that it becomes an expectation and actually reduces motivation and increases disgruntled attitudes if the reward is not increase.

Yep. Slippery slope.

The thing I don't understand though is why folks can get better free stuff than last year and still get mad just simply because other folks could pay to get even more, as if it invalidates their free thing... but I'm no psych so I guess it will remain a mystery to me.
    Ppl are usually get jealous when they can get full reward compare to other, like a student got A mark would still sad when his friend got A++ even the gap isn't that big and both still count as good student, of course i do feel salty with the purchase quest but compare the amount last year, it's still bigger for f2p and i accept that, give ppl too much broken free stuff and here we have this.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Dart1981 said:

No_oneuk said:

Haji_Saab said:

Yep. Slippery slope.

The thing I don't understand though is why folks can get better free stuff than last year and still get mad just simply because other folks could pay to get even more, as if it invalidates their free thing... but I'm no psych so I guess it will remain a mystery to me.
    I agree, i simply think people don't understand whether or not they are getting more or less than last year. Because it wasn't exactly transparant as to which rewards are and are not stuck behind the paywall it is automatically assumed that they are getting less than that which they are used to getting. Is there an actual post defining the actual rewards that are free?
    This is whole issue. I spent very little bit happy to if value is good.

I brought Sigil cause it was very clear that I would get 6* Witch in 3 months. Great deal. Very happy.

This is so confusing about what get/don’t get for the money. Why make it so hard and cause so much debate. Just list it out.

• WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★
    well its ok but i see why they would make us pay bc i just got uncollected and there are cavs and uncollected players can get them so i would spend money on cavs
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    am really hoping I can get the Plus Pass without having to buy the regular Pass first...

Pulyaman said:

The way I see it, its a reverse of doubloon event. Majority of the rewards were for the spenders, and everyone got to take part with the free doubloons in it just for a taste. This has majority of the rewards for everyone with a little extra for spenders. I don't see the issue.

The doubloons offers did offer class nexuses and 6 star awakening gems.
    Not saying we should get them, but this was supposed to be appreciation and not pay to get more rewards( just for a single time)
    This was never stated that this was supposed to be the appreciation event. You're assuming it was supposed to be.
    i mean imma get some good stuff for it so PEOPLE TRY TO GET UNCOLLECTED AND HIGHER FOR MORE REWARDS
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    As long as it's better than last year, I don't see what the problem with. Just because you can *potentially* get better rewards by paying doesn't mean the ftp rewards are automatically worse.
    Could've been a better way to present this stuff tho. This is incredibly confusing and I still don't know what the total FTP rewards are.
    Can anyone calculate and put it out?
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

Ainy said:

free to play players seem to be getting shafted yet again, but I guess we'll know for sure when this drops in game

You have an entire game for free that's supported by the people that spend.
    It’s not the P2W aspect that’s infuriating for F2P players, it’s the fact that an event that happens once a year has now had its meaning changed entirely. Before it was something that made every Summoner feel equally appreciated and it showed Kabam’s appreciation for the player base equally. If people were upset about the P2W aspect they’d also complain about P2W players being able to access July 4th offers that they could not. The issue here is many people were not expecting for the event that many believed was supposed to make everyone feel appreciated, to have a pay wall. It feels weird that so many people are supporting this behavior to me. Sure, the game needs people to spend, sure it is a game that gives an advantage to those who do spend. However, why does the event that showed an equal appreciation for EVERYONE have to be changed to a strange summer event and monetized?

(I’m already expecting the same argument that Summoner Appreciation was never promised, this event has free stuff, etc. so feel free to fire away)
    Wait, so are you suggesting that if this exact same event was called "Summoner Appreciation 2021" rather than "Summ(on) er" it would have had a significantly better reception?

Ainy said:

free to play players seem to be getting shafted yet again, but I guess we'll know for sure when this drops in game

You have an entire game for free that's supported by the people that spend.
    It’s not the P2W aspect that’s infuriating for F2P players, it’s the fact that an event that happens once a year has now had its meaning changed entirely. Before it was something that made every Summoner feel equally appreciated and it showed Kabam’s appreciation for the player base equally. If people were upset about the P2W aspect they’d also complain about P2W players being able to access July 4th offers that they could not. The issue here is many people were not expecting for the event that many believed was supposed to make everyone feel appreciated, to have a pay wall. It feels weird that so many people are supporting this behavior to me. Sure, the game needs people to spend, sure it is a game that gives an advantage to those who do spend. However, why does the event that showed an equal appreciation for EVERYONE have to be changed to a strange summer event and monetized?

(I’m already expecting the same argument that Summoner Appreciation was never promised, this event has free stuff, etc. so feel free to fire away)
    You literally still have that aspect in this event. The free stuff you can get from the event is for EVERYONE.

Lets' take the 90 day calendar from last year. Over the course of the 90 days, we had offers through out that time period. How is having offers that pop up daily, any different than having a paid offer during an event?
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Everyone is basing rewards off an event that's only happened the last two years. I can understand if the appreciation calendar has been around since the beginning, but it hasn't. Before the calendar there were monthly "appreciation" events, but never anything like the calendars. This is pretty much the calendar, but you just have to do a little more that log-in everyday to get rewards. And if you want some extra rewards you make a one time payment for those rewards.

Everyone is basing rewards off an event that's only happened the last two years. I can understand if the appreciation calendar has been around since the beginning, but it hasn't. Before the calendar there were monthly "appreciation" events, but never anything like the calendars. This is pretty much the calendar, but you just have to do a little more that log-in everyday to get rewards. And if you want some extra rewards you make a one time payment for those rewards.

Summoner Appreciation has had many forms over the years. I believe the first one was in 2015 and it was just a week long. 2015/2016 were the same. I can't remember if it was a calendar or not, I can't find anything on it.

2017 changed to a 4 week long event that had a week long calendar but that stemmed from the game having a lot of issues and Kabam wanted to really reach out and make it right with the community.

2018 event was a week long event- https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/89859/summoner-appreciation-week-august-24th-31st there was no calendar for 2018.

2019 and 2020 were 90 day calendars.
    irdk if this is a good event but the passes r one time purchases so it kinda makes it better
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Ok so I just read you get 6.4k 6 star shards which is exactly as much as we got in last year's summoner appreciation calender. The other rewards don't seem to be too different as well.
    It's...free stuff after all? Can we stop complaining? I won't take the condescending tone @Demonzfyre does (sorry buddy I thought I needed to call you out, since you're "embarrassed" by this community and all, maybe chill a bit?) but I agree with him. The game needs money to survive and grow, and without taking anything away from the FTP players, I really don't see what all the fuss is about?
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    We can get 14 tokens from summoner camp and we also get same amount of units as last year.
    I'm super happy about this event, thanks for the free stuff (which is more than what we got from S.A event anyway).
  • Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★

We can get 14 tokens from summoner camp and we also get same amount of units as last year.

So what can the total rewards be
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    So it works out that if you buy the pass, you get about 2000ish units in total. That's not bad when you then add in everything else you're getting.

We get 6 of the catalyst tokens, 3 of the sig stone, 3 of the crystal and 2 of the AG from SC.
  • Get the free stuff, and shut up. That's what i'll be doing.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 460 ★★★
    Kabam sure like complicated :o
  • Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★

We get 6 of the catalyst tokens, 3 of the sig stone, 3 of the crystal and 2 of the AG from SC.
    That means we can get the generic and crystal awakening gem right?
    edited July 2021

That means we can get the generic and crystal awakening gem right?
    If the store works in a way where you have to purchase the items in the order of display from left top to right bottom, then no, we can only get from start till 5*AG crystal.
    Edit: I actually just checked the order we get the tokens in, it's in the same order from left to right till 5* AG. So its just that every 7th day you get to buy one item in store from top left to right bottom.