**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★

Good morning everybody.

Thank you all for the information you've provided. We're working on a few theories right now, and want to add 2 more questions to the list. We're trying to see if this helps us pick up any sort of pattern.

What device are you using?
    Which Champion were you fighting? (If you can remember specifics)

I have an iPhone 12 pro max and i also tried my iPhone 11 and also my iPad pro 11. with the latest firmware, and honestly it's happening in all my fights no matter who I'm fighting and in all area of the game so far I've tried the event quest, arena and variant also tired act 7 and in all area the problem is occurring which wasn't before the update.
  • Kailash121Kailash121 Posts: 5
    i have video too and mailed that to support team. hope it gets solved before the attack starts
  • Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    I’m on an iPhone XS Max running OSX 14.6.

Just fought summer of pain Darkhawk with Magneto five times and multiple blocks failed in every fight.

I hate to state the obvious, but those fights can just be restarted. AQ starts in an hour and, most notably, AW placement starts in four hours. AW in particular requires perfect fights at higher tiers, and there simply cannot be a bug that randomly fails parry in that game mode. It will wreck the whole thing. I sincerely hope that it’s either fixed by then, or the season is paused until it is. You cannot allow AW to go ahead with so many people experiencing this.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Catmanndo said:

Every single fight I’m taking face blocks, cmon Kabam can we get a month bug free? Not fun

I don’t see how the team doesn’t throw a wad of pots at everyone after this. You can make the argument that the answer is “don’t play the game,” but that’s not realistic given the way it’s set up.

I burned a pair of L1 revives on DH as well as pots. My CapIW is on life support in the SQ after eating a couple of Ghulk combos.

Dr. Zola
  • ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173
    edited July 2021
    How is this not fixed yet ?!? It is so bad. Once War and aq start , I am screwed. There is zero chance I can get through war without getting wrecked from this bug.

11 pro max and larger iPad Pro 2018
  • ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173
    Haji_Saab said:

Parry window has moved .. early parries are registering but the late ones r not

Put it back !!! If that’s it. What the hell is the point. yet android users seem to report no difference
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Catmanndo said:

Every single fight I’m taking face blocks, cmon Kabam can we get a month bug free? Not fun

I don’t see how the team doesn’t throw a wad of pots at everyone after this. You can make the argument that the answer is “don’t play the game,” but that’s not realistic given the way it’s set up.

I burned a pair of L1 revives on DH as well as pots. My CapIW is on life support in the SQ after eating a couple of Ghulk combos.

Dr. Zola
    i mean, to be fair, on the DH thing ..... you do have an entire week to do it in. not sure why you'd revive through the parry bug instead of just wait a few days max...
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I believe you’ve sped up the gameplay again.

This would shorten the parry window, make it necessary to react quicker than usual to get it to work and also accounts for what seems like unreal speeds of the defender dashing in and our dex timing being off.

It would be great if someone could do a gameplay speed video comparison.
    No_oneuk said:

DrZola said:

Catmanndo said:

Dr. Zola
    i mean, to be fair, on the DH thing ..... you do have an entire week to do it in. not sure why you'd revive through the parry bug instead of just wait a few days max...
    You’re 100% right. Should have soloed anyway, was a hair from my second Sp3 when I ate it.

But everything else? If the team isn’t going to explicitly say “Stay off the game until we fix this!” (and they aren’t ever) then there aren’t a ton of other solutions.

Dr. Zola
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,414 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

No_oneuk said:

DrZola said:

Catmanndo said:

Dr. Zola
    You’re 100% right. Should have soloed anyway, was a hair from my second Sp3 when I ate it.

But everything else? If the team isn’t going to explicitly say “Stay off the game until we fix this!” (and they aren’t ever) then there aren’t a ton of other solutions.

Dr. Zola
    Even if we don't do EQ/SQ for a few days, we can't just stop AQ/AW, which is running even after multiple requests.
  • StarLord_OutlwStarLord_Outlw Posts: 53

Good morning everybody.

Thank you all for the information you've provided. We're working on a few theories right now, and want to add 2 more questions to the list. We're trying to see if this helps us pick up any sort of pattern.

iPhone XS, iOS 14.6
    I've used red magneto against summer of pain darkhawk and he's dashing in to me with no hope of parrying him.
    I've used dragon man against silver surfer and got wrecked trying to evade and parry.
    I've used stealth suit spider man and got ruined trying to parry red hulk.
    I've used human torch against mephisto and lost my life and nova flames with him at around 40% health.
    I've used corvus glaive against green goblin and died to an L2 when a parry should have landed.
    I've used falcon against spider man and tried to parry when recon was down to get a hit in but got destroyed.

It's happening with every champ.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

I believe you’ve sped up the gameplay again.

This would shorten the parry window, make it necessary to react quicker than usual to get it to work and also accounts for what seems like unreal speeds of the defender dashing in and our dex timing being off.

It would be great if someone could do a gameplay speed video comparison.

That’s what I think it’s gonna wind up being — what I said last night about the AI being more aggressive on “stand up” and “whiffs” is a function of how fast the AI moves now

They are on you so fast with the medium dash — even when you know it’s coming and you hit the parry in time — like @Rockypantherx said, there might not be enough frames for it to register, which is possibly why it doesn’t let you block even if you miss the parry: the frames go by so quickly, it’s like you did nothing before the medium dash is in your hit box

The photo of the guy getting popped by Red Hulk even with the Nick Fury/Quake synergy active makes sense to me because of that — the medium dash is so fast, it doesn’t allow anything to proc like parry, block or even a passive evade when the bug hits
  • Pin_the_AvengerPGT17Pin_the_AvengerPGT17 Posts: 333 ★★
    @Kabam anybody, just let through the info of the bug to the rest of the team like you should and fix the damn parry bug. I can’t block much anymore. I don’t let go of the screen when blocking a combo, and yet, when I do it at all after the update, I’ll lose health. I’m a damn ftp player, so it’s not like it’s forcing me to give you money like your company wants us to.

I know damn well that you won’t fix an issue if it costs summoners money. I want to do the side quest, but I’m not doing it until after the bug is fixed.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★

Catmanndo said:

Seriously, I know you hate hearing it Kabam, but COMPENSATION should be considered.
    I’m on a new iPad Pro and I’ve had zero issues other than the help button in arena freezing my game. This is unquestionably making arena, events and all challenges unplayable.

Oh, I can't find where we said there wouldn't be any... :tongue:
    Any new because it very frustrating to get slapped
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,414 ★★★★★

Catmanndo said:

Seriously, I know you hate hearing it Kabam, but COMPENSATION should be considered.
    I’m on a new iPad Pro and I’ve had zero issues other than the help button in arena freezing my game. This is unquestionably making arena, events and all challenges unplayable.

Would prefer that we don't have to suffer in competitive game modes instead. I know that it's probably not possible to fix it so soon, but delay those nodes?
  • Pin_the_AvengerPGT17Pin_the_AvengerPGT17 Posts: 333 ★★

Catmanndo said:

At least something is being done, but the bug needs to be fixed sooner or later
  • dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Posts: 162
    Kabam,

Is it possible for you to create, test, and implement new code for a monthly updated without crashing some other part of the game? I feel like this should have been detected in the...I don't know....testing phase of the update. It is becoming almost comical how inept you are at creating and implementing new content into the game. This time you have made it almost unbearable to fight in this game for those who use the parry mastery. It's getting to the point where I almost fear the next update. What's your next trick? For August are you going to give us two new champs, more Summer of Pain, more side quest fun, and more "summoner appreciation", all while completely shutting your down your own game? Please, take the time to read all these and proceed to fix the miraculous screw up of your own design.

Thanks,

Your standard run of the mill player
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212

Good morning everybody.

Iphone 7 plus
    any champion
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    ChuckD05 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Parry window has moved .. early parries are registering but the late ones r not

Put it back !!! If that’s it. What the hell is the point. yet android users seem to report no difference
    It's been gimpy with the latest Android flagships for quite a while. The input gimpiness ebbs and flows but never goes away entirely. Annoying because back when 120 Hz was working it was *chef's kiss*.
  • XygonXygon Posts: 123

Good morning everybody.

iPhone 11
    Many, happening in every fight.
  • NyaleNyale Posts: 136
    1 in 2 parry tries goes straight in your face, fix this Kabam and don't start aq with the issue ongoing

Catmanndo said:

Thanks for that and thanks for the effort to fix things.

Going to put the game down for a bit and check back this evening. Good luck ironing everything out.

Dr. Zola
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    Hopefully your team evaluates thoroughly how much this has impacted players, this is essentially a basic function in the game being bugged and affects everything from solo questing to alliance content to arenas