**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• RicoscoRicosco Posts: 142 ★★
    ESF said:

I believe you’ve sped up the gameplay again.

This would shorten the parry window, make it necessary to react quicker than usual to get it to work and also accounts for what seems like unreal speeds of the defender dashing in and our dex timing being off.

It would be great if someone could do a gameplay speed video comparison.

That’s what I think it’s gonna wind up being — what I said last night about the AI being more aggressive on “stand up” and “whiffs” is a function of how fast the AI moves now

They are on you so fast with the medium dash — even when you know it’s coming and you hit the parry in time — like @Rockypantherx said, there might not be enough frames for it to register, which is possibly why it doesn’t let you block even if you miss the parry: the frames go by so quickly, it’s like you did nothing before the medium dash is in your hit box

The photo of the guy getting popped by Red Hulk even with the Nick Fury/Quake synergy active makes sense to me because of that — the medium dash is so fast, it doesn’t allow anything to proc like parry, block or even a passive evade when the bug hits
    If your right then facing rangey opponents is going to be horrific, try dexing a venom sp2 now eh?
  • TigerphilTigerphil Posts: 18
    Any fixes to those that burnt their club for the event. Parry and dex issues killed my run. Timing is off.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I d prefer a pass as compensation lol
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    As it’s been said, this isn’t a parry issue, it’s an animation issue where the action point of attacks has been reduced over time to almost nothing now. By the time you respond- it’s too late. I upgraded my personal fighting abilities to include a precognition pre-flight option - I’m unstoppable now. 🤣

Mega props to Kabam for jumping on this so quickly with acknowledgment and compensation though. 👍🏼
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Not sure what the issue is… but something is not right. Cost me revives for sure on the summer of pain.
  • alegka312alegka312 Posts: 67
    My iPhone XR gets FPS drops and parry issue. How can I play with 10-16 FPS?
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited July 2021

As it’s been said, this isn’t a parry issue, it’s an animation issue where the action point of attacks has been reduced over time to almost nothing now. By the time you respond- it’s too late. I upgraded my personal fighting abilities to include a precognition pre-flight option - I’m unstoppable now. 🤣

Mega props to Kabam for jumping on this so quickly with acknowledgment and compensation though. 👍🏼

I don't think it's an animation issue. My champs have dashed back when i have tried to do a heavy attack and doing a heavy attack doesn't rely on me trying to time the start of the heavy attack based on incoming animation....i just do it. I do however think the amount of time you press as you elude to is causing this issue as that would explain dex, parry and heavy attacks. I'm guessing maybe i have always had a "fat" finger that was never registering before and that's now registering that's resulting in my character dashing back randomly....something that wasn't possible in previous versions of the game likely because the amount of time certain inputs registered was different. Maybe a lag is causing inputs not to register when you want it and for the correct amount of time
    @kabam why do you not include BC and gold in AQ compo packages? That's been 3 AQs recently that have been ruined and the lack of gold Is pretty poor, actually gold distribution overall in game is incredibly lacklustre, why does the cav calender have the same Gold as UC, you've removed the ability to sell champs for gold and iso and then give us gold and iso offers for units (cash) we're all just big wallets/purses to you, look for more and more ways to squeeze money out of us, BTW the summer event should be free, now we're having to pay for rewards, absolute joke! What's next, pay on the door to enter EQ monthly? A subscription to play in arena?
    Starhawk said:

I don't think it's an animation issue. My champs have dashed back when i have tried to do a heavy attack and doing a heavy attack doesn't rely on me trying to time the start of the heavy attack based on incoming animation....i just do it. I do however think the amount of time you press as you elude to is causing this issue as that would explain dex, parry and heavy attacks. I'm guessing maybe i have always had a "fat" finger that was never registering before and that's now registering that's resulting in my character dashing back randomly....something that wasn't possible in previous versions of the game likely because the amount of time certain inputs registered was different. Maybe a lag is causing inputs not to register when you want it and for the correct amount of time
    I was having issues last 3 updates with combos randomly stopping, sometimes one or 2 hits and just stops and takes a combo in reply, the amount amount of times I've just blocked instead of threw my SP isn't even funny, know how seriously messed up that can be running turn the tide?
  • XygonXygon Posts: 123
    So AW ended, some item use was compensated, enough to cover days 1 and 2 probably, but why is AQ still live?
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

How is it possible to destruct the game like this after each update???

it's a kind of Kabam magic... :D
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

Not sure what the issue is… but something is not right. Cost me revives for sure on the summer of pain.

@DrPepper_75 The SOP lasts for 7 days not 3 hours. Really baffled why you revived through it with a known bug instead of waiting for the bug fix.... Especially because the rewards don't even get paid out for weeks.
  • pyloves2eatpyloves2eat Posts: 9

Good morning everybody.

Thank you all for the information you've provided. We're working on a few theories right now, and want to add 2 more questions to the list. We're trying to see if this helps us pick up any sort of pattern.

What device are you using?
    Which Champion were you fighting? (If you can remember specifics)

1) iPhone 7 plus
    2) Red Hulk and Purgatory ; honestly cannot remember clearly since the problem seems intermittent.
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    In a parallel universe, what if…a developer who is Android lover, who was offended by multiple bugs on Android phones, decided to wreck havok on iOS version of mcoc.😂😂
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

I did the same, and I shouldn’t have.

I also wound up needing a revive on Legendary SQ, which I am ashamed to admit. Took max 5* CapIW and a team of low-ranked Pools plus GwenPool to get the objective and got smoked in the face with a series of (blocked) combos. Forgot GwenPool was a Champion of the Universe and died ingloriously against the Champion.

Just made a hash of it all. Kind of like I’m doing in AQ now too.

I wouldn’t do anything that requires any degree of timing or sklll in game. Probably auto-complete cat quests, collect Clubs and wait it out. On my device, the game is silly bad.

Dr. Zola
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    DrZola said:

ESF said:

This is gonna be an EXTREMELY unpopular opinion…yeah. This is gonna be extremely unpopular, but just my opinion:

IF IF IF the parry window has been tightened, it will hurt the game in the short term, because we are all used to it. But at the same time, I think we’re at a point in the game’s history where a conversation might need to be held about whether parrying into stun might be hindering a chunk of the player base as too much of a catch-all to beat content

I don’t want a game of stun immunity or shrugging off debuffs every single second of the day, but when you see how skilled players are still crushing most/all of the hardest content, I wonder what the answer is to make content that is accessible to everyone yet still challenging

If it were me…maybe I would tighten the Parry window

If that’s the case, the basket of goodies we just received should be forthcoming weekly and for a while. If you want to make a material shift in the way the game is played, a one time goodwill payout isn’t nearly enough to smooth the adjustment.

Do I think this is a back door way to slip in a change that makes the game more “challenging”? I’ve no evidence it is.

But I would note that anything that makes basic mechanics unreliable (and that’s how I would describe what I see now—it’s not really just an early-late timing thing), no matter how tiny it may be, is a material change in the game. And if any player decides he/she doesn't like it, I’d fully support trying to refund whatever resources they may have burned the past 30ish days.

Also: as a frame rate/speed alteration, it doesn’t just affect parry—would you consider it a good thing to discuss whether we should have “perfect dex” as well as “perfect parry” requirements? I don’t.

It’s all well and good to give the top .01% of uber-dedicated players an extreme challenge, but there are many more who turn to MCoC for fun and something less than extreme challenge. Probably ought to consider doing something more than just a vanilla parry tutorial if you want to monkey with how the game gets played.

So, no. Not time for that conversation. Time to get the game back up and running normally. If the best idea for making content challenging is what feels like a pRNG approach to basic mechanic reliability, then I’m good with MCoC folding up its tents and heading off into the sunset.

Dr. Zola
    100% agree with all of this. Well said.
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    No_oneuk said:

@DrPepper_75 The SOP lasts for 7 days not 3 hours. Really baffled why you revived through it with a known bug instead of waiting for the bug fix.... Especially because the rewards don't even get paid out for weeks.

Well it was not known to me as an issue to after the run. Playing the side quest right after same issue. Then notice alliance chatter about parry/blocking issues, then came here to confirm. For sure would of waited to after fix if I knew.