**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summ(on)er Event

Comments

• TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I just don't understand why it wasn't a calendar. It could still have additional weeks and early award weeks for those that bought the passes. This really would have cleared up the confusion.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    TheVyrus said:

I just don't understand why it wasn't a calendar. It could still have additional weeks and early award weeks for those that bought the passes. This really would have cleared up the confusion.

It 100% would have been better in a calendar and just add a summer pass for those who want to pay for it.
  • Booth732Booth732 Posts: 3
    After I bought the 19.99 pass I havent been able to open the resort pass solo event it just says I need to purchase the pass
  • King_KurisuKing_Kurisu Posts: 16
    edited July 2021
    @Kabam Miike What do I do with these sunglasses that aren't in my inventory?
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107

TheVyrus said:

It 100% would have been better in a calendar and just add a summer pass for those who want to pay for it.
    Not that I agree or disagree, but it seems like they wanted to use engagement as a way to distribute the rewards this year.

At the end of the day, you don't have to engage in the game in anyway, shape or form, just log in. Even if you added a paid calendar, it does the same thing.

Calendars are true freebies which is why some people want them (no effort), but the way they added it, it's honestly just low effort. 10 fights (any mode in game) to get the glasses. Glasses gives you points on the milestones in Summoner Camp which gives you tokens for the store. Convoluted, yes - but meant to encourage time spent in game, I think.

Spend time in game for ten fights. Spend time in game to collect milestones. Spend time in game to cash in tokens in the store. Time, time, time.

If anything, it's meant to discourage just logging in for free stuff.
  • TheBroskySlayTheBroskySlay Posts: 21

Kabam Boo said:

Summ(on)er Resort Pass (Limit 1 per Summoner):

You can start collecting milestone rewards after you reach the next milestone after the one you are trying to collect.

Can you confirm - does this mean that with the regular resort pass, once you reach the final milestone, you will not be able to claim the final rewards?

Meaning you NEED pass plus to get the 500 units and final blue token (without which you can’t get the 5* generic awakening gem, 6,400 6* shards, and 5 6* Sig stone crystals), or the final objectives for extra shards?
    @Kabam Miike i see you lurking and can’t find how to tag kabam boo - can you help with this question? It’s kind of a big deal haha
  • This weeks summoner of pain fight. Specifically the robot version is so champ specific. If rng has not worked in your favor to where you have warlock, g99 or sentinel you are basically screwed.
  • MeduzXMeduzX Posts: 1
    It's bad that until u haven't done ur mission there isn't the second one. I didn't have enough time today and didn't complete the first mission, so now I won't complete the whole mission(((. Make something
    Booth732 said:

After I bought the 19.99 pass I havent been able to open the resort pass solo event it just says I need to purchase the pass

Your image shows you claimed the milestones. If you click on that lock icon it says the following

"This item is for information only and remains visible here after purchassing a Resort Pass. Purchasing one of the Summ(on)er Resort Pass bundles from the Unit Store will allow claiming of Summ(on)er Resort Solo Event rewards"

Kabam Boo said:

Summ(on)er Resort Pass (Limit 1 per Summoner):

You can start collecting milestone rewards after you reach the next milestone after the one you are trying to collect.

Can you confirm - does this mean that with the regular resort pass, once you reach the final milestone, you will not be able to claim the final rewards?

Meaning you NEED pass plus to get the 500 units and final blue token (without which you can’t get the 5* generic awakening gem, 6,400 6* shards, and 5 6* Sig stone crystals), or the final objectives for extra shards?
    @Kabam Miike i see you lurking and can’t find how to tag kabam boo - can you help with this question? It’s kind of a big deal haha
    The plus pass is a "boost". It just gives you 7 days worth of milestones. If you log in every day, get your Fun in the Sun objective, you will claim all milestones.
  • Darkone666Darkone666 Posts: 8
    I purchased the 20 dollar resort pass with the 7 milestone jump. I'm not getting the option for anything else. What's the deal with the challenges for the event though, who do I need to contact or ask. Is there supposed to be only one daily challenge for 10 fights in arena or quest. I'm lost on what's going on in this event. It's not clear on what's supposed to happen.
  • BEANBOT714BEANBOT714 Posts: 32

I purchased the 20 dollar resort pass with the 7 milestone jump. I'm not getting the option for anything else. What's the deal with the challenges for the event though, who do I need to contact or ask. Is there supposed to be only one daily challenge for 10 fights in arena or quest. I'm lost on what's going on in this event. It's not clear on what's supposed to happen.

When you buy the pass, if you completed the task for the day, you have to complete another one (the next day or past that) to get the rewards for the pass milestones :)

There's one objective per day - win 10 fights. Once you've done that, that gives you 1 point in both of the solo milestones. Claim the milestone, daily.

Every 7 days, you will get a token which you can convert into more prizes in the store.

Buying the resort pass (whether plus or not) gives you access to the second set of milestones called Summ(on)er Resort. Buying the Plus pass like you did just gave you 7 milestones/days in advance. So, if you buy plus, the reward is you don't have to win 70 fights over the week.

If this makes no difference in your game play, then at the end of the first week you will be one week ahead, so you will end up on day 14 (if you started yesterday, you're currently on milestone/day 9).

• TheBroskySlayTheBroskySlay Posts: 21
    What’s the purpose of this phrase?

It suggests you can’t claim milestone 2 on day 2, rather you have to reach X+1 to claim X, but that’s not how it working - and therefore there is very little difference between pass plus. If regular pass can’t claim the final milestone it’s a big price difference.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    JessieS said:

And in this shop we can’t purchase actually useful items like 6 shards until we have spent tokens on crappy stuff . Is this correct

I see a lot of people getting confused by this. I think the idea of a store that unlocks items is a mental metaphor that is intrinsically messing with people's heads. A better way to look at the "store" is as a metaphorical punch card. The solo event functions basically like a calendar: every day you complete one objective and you get one milestone point which gives you one reward. It *feels* like a calendar. The store is like a rewards punch card. Instead of getting one point per day, we're getting one token every few days. When we get that token, we "punch" the next reward in the card. Free players will basically get fourteen tokens and punch fourteen rewards. If they are high enough progress level, it will be one each of the first fourteen rewards.

The only added complexity is if a player is *not* high enough progress for some of those rewards. In that case, for them they won't get one of each. Instead, to advance to the next reward they will have to take two of something lower if they can't get the next one. *If* this happens, depending on which color token they can't grab they will have some choices as to what else to get.

So the simplest way to think about the event is that there is a set of milestones that act like a calendar. We get one reward per day, unless we buy boosters that let us skip ahead and grab a bunch in one day. And we have a punch card of rewards we fill over time. Most likely, one of each reward up to the maximum we can get. For free to play players that maximum will be fourteen, the first fourteen rewards up to the 5* AG crystal. Lower progress players may not be able to get one of each, and will have to instead get more than one of some while skipping others they don't qualify for.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Warlockjr said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit Hey u guys know that prof hoff made a video and said that u doing the resort bundles make him sick to his stomach :lol:

That dude is literally always sick to his stomach for no reason.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

As kabam Mike previously said.
    This Is a battle pass kinda thing, I for one think this is a bad sign of things to come..

Yes we get "free rewards" but if you want the extra good stuff you've gotta pay up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not free to play, I've spent a good chunk of money on this game (mainly on July 4th/cyber Monday) but if it's at the point now where it's every month you've gotta pay X amount to get the extra good stuff I'm not okay with that, I for one see this as a very slippery slope.

Do we have to buy it, no.

I'm just stating that this doesn't look good for the future of the game.

Ah yes... Free to Play games that have a battle pass for people who want more, all do real bad...

Like Fortnite. Apex Legends. Destiny 2. And many... many other games. All of them super unsuccessful. Practically dead games at this point.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

As kabam Mike previously said.
    This Is a battle pass kinda thing, I for one think this is a bad sign of things to come..

Yes we get "free rewards" but if you want the extra good stuff you've gotta pay up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not free to play, I've spent a good chunk of money on this game (mainly on July 4th/cyber Monday) but if it's at the point now where it's every month you've gotta pay X amount to get the extra good stuff I'm not okay with that, I for one see this as a very slippery slope.

Do we have to buy it, no.

I'm just stating that this doesn't look good for the future of the game.

So why is July 4th having some offers for units and some for money ok? But this isn’t?

July 4th offers are much, much more lucrative and impactful on spenders vs non spenders. So why is that no big deal but suddenly this is?

This game has, and always will offer a heavy advantage to spenders. If it doesn’t, people will cease to spend, and I’m sure you will enjoy the last months of the game without offers like this just before the game dies.
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    Just noticed the first row of prizes can be purchased multiple times,, so if you accidentally purchase another one... doesn't that mean you won't have enough tokens to buy everything? Better disable that before someone does. Will prevent future headaches.