**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

SOP Extension

With the current parry issue and stuff, I think the current summer of pain boss should have an extended time equal to the number of days the problem will occur. This seems fair to me as we got no single revives in the compensation (I'm not ungrateful), thoughts?

Comments

• JakearoundJakearound Posts: 409 ★★★
    I was able to do it with a 4* Red Mags and less than a handful of revives. It’s total doable cause I suck!
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

You have a week and it's by far the easiest fight yet.

Who would I use for the robot objective? Don't have g2099
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I went back to the fight after using Ghost to see another Counter for him

Odin Worked like a charm

I did 1 Sp1 to get the True Strike buff and then just threw 3 SP2s and he was done.

5* Rank 4 No Boosts
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Sentinel, nebula
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

@H3t3r I used Dragon Man.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    You don't need a single parry for darkhawk, look up side steps and bank intercepts.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Dragon man solos him
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,827 ★★★★★

• Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Not easiest for me, the 2 with AA were much easier. Can't figure out how to avoid his sp1 damage or to get him to throw it less. Got him with a r4 magneto and revives but can't get the robot one going smooth even with r3 6* guilly 2099.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Ezra7676 said:

Not easiest for me, the 2 with AA were much easier. Can't figure out how to avoid his sp1 damage or to get him to throw it less. Got him with a r4 magneto and revives but can't get the robot one going smooth even with r3 6* guilly 2099.

Dex the first hit, block the next two and dex the last to conserve charges, or just block to stop him from throwing sps. Check YT
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I did it with 4/55 Mags and 2 L3s. Took me a bunch of tries to get my footing, but it was a simple solo.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    kabam already said that if the issue persists they will probably extend the duration ^_^

link for reference
  • Jr_StarkJr_Stark Posts: 182 ★★
    This is the easiest of the first 4 challenges.
    I did the first solo with Human Torch (pre fight) and then another solo with Magneto (4/55) for the objective.
    Robot objective is left and I am trying to do it with Guilly99. I'm sure I can do it in the remaining days. The parry bug doesn't seem to affect [me] so keep practicing and I'm sure you can do it too. :+1:
    Malreck04 said:

Ezra7676 said:

Dex the first hit, block the next two and dex the last to conserve charges, or just block to stop him from throwing sps. Check YT
    thanks 'll keep messing with it but he just unloads those sp1's. Tried all the block and dash backs. I'll keep working on the dex/block timing.
    You guys beating this easy with guilly, are you playing it a bunch of times till you get the rng? Doing all these block tricks does nothing consistantly, he just fires the sp1 into my block most of the time. Using mllm combo helped a little but best I get was 15% off him in @ 100x trying.
  • Jdubs_1Jdubs_1 Posts: 3
    Ezra7676 said:

You guys beating this easy with guilly, are you playing it a bunch of times till you get the rng? Doing all these block tricks does nothing consistantly, he just fires the sp1 into my block most of the time. Using mllm combo helped a little but best I get was 15% off him in @ 100x trying.

I had exactly the same. He just kept throwing his specials.

I ended up using Mordo for his ability to block unblockable specials.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    @Ezra7676 i found him so erratic when I used robot champs. I ended up using g99 for that objective but used a different tactic of just pounding him in his corner and parrying his light attacks as I was so close. I didn’t use my specials so I could keep him cornered. When he did throw sp1 I had enough buffs to block it and then keep the pressure on again.

If I went to my wall like I did with mags he would throw the sp1 into my block and was also charging in with med which I would dex but then throw heavies instead of trying to combo with lights. It was like fighting completely different champ.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Jabally said:

With the current parry issue and stuff, I think the current summer of pain boss should have an extended time equal to the number of days the problem will occur. This seems fair to me as we got no single revives in the compensation (I'm not ungrateful), thoughts?

In general, I think on principle this is not an unreasonable request. However, everyone else is right that this fight is too easy to warrant pushing through that sort of change. This fight is not a fight where ultra-perfect parry timing makes or breaks it.
    So how do you stack prowess with no parry using mags for tb objective?
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    I couldn't beat the first 2 weeks and I managed to one shot him with Red Mags 29 hits the key is to be passive aggressive. I know, I'm sad because I couldn't beat mysterio or sinister but I'll take this as a win!
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,300 ★★★★★
    Ezra7676 said:

Mlll combo with immediate block after that and he throws a heavy which you can evade and attack with a MLLL combo. Worst case scenario you will need to take a couple of blocked hits until he throws heavy. Repeat the process. 90% of the time he did not throw sp1 with this tactic. By the time he does throw 1, you would have built enough charges to block it completely. This worked for me. Hope it does for you.
    I ended up getting him with a few revives. Got the point I was getting 20-30% off so just went for it.

It's cost a little to get to 7pts. but rewards are very much worth it. My goal is those 2 full t5cc and anything beyond is a bonus. Glad I got this one done for insurance in case one is too much coming up.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Aleor said:

DNA3000 said:

Jabally said:

In general, I think on principle this is not an unreasonable request. However, everyone else is right that this fight is too easy to warrant pushing through that sort of change. This fight is not a fight where ultra-perfect parry timing makes or breaks it.
    So how do you stack prowess with no parry using mags for tb objective?
    Parry still works, it just fails some of the time due to a timing issue. But when Parry doesn't actually stun him, you're still unstoppable and the heavy will connect if you decide to try to throw it anyway.

I took four or five shots at it before I got the solo. Some of my heavies just went unstoppable through him. One I just whiffed at the air while on the other side of the screen. A couple I actually connected the Parry. You just need one good run of not-bad luck with the heavies to get enough prowess so that you're taking off half his health or more. If you're willing to spend a revive, that's all you need. If not, then a somewhat better run where his AI cooperates more will get you the solo.