**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone know that new diablo is better than Doom.? Links

Comments

• MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2021

I have r3 Doom and now a r2 Diablo, both awakened. They are both great.

But when I switch on ouchie boo-boo masteries, I would choose Diablo, no question. When not running them, I would choose Doom unless there was a need for poison immunity or if there was a need to dish out poison.

Don't forget that Diablo gives Doom a great synergy.

Now this is what i mean 😍😍😍😍😜πŸ€ͺπŸ˜›
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Uvogin said:

lool damage may be comparable but diablo doesn't have the buff control, power control like doom. When doom reaches sp3 it's game over for most fights.

Diablo cannot power control, but he has a nullification prefight that works great with mystic dispersion to give him a lot of power. Drop an sp3 for huge poison damage and Diablo can swiftly get back to an sp2 to refresh those poisons by nullifying the detonation buffs he places on the defender from the sp3.

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I think the last two years of Diablo being Diablow has just hardened people's opinion of him as a trash champ. Aside from Magento, I cannot think of a buff that has made as big an improvement in a champ. He's really fun.
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 β˜…β˜…
    depend on the situation, in this case, yes,he's better, but most other cases he's not
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2021
    Can Diablo power control similar to how doom can?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DawsMan said:

Diablo + awakened = really good great utility.
    Doom = better champion.

He literally doesn’t need the dupe at all but I agree with what you are saying otherwise.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2021
    MiStaLova said:

Just See that regen my friend. Doom can do that? :)

Ok can Diablo cycle specials and power control a fight?
  • rockray2016rockray2016 Posts: 53 β˜…
    Diablo has damage but doom has utility and damage both. oBvIoUsLy doom wins
    If you Got duped 6* diablo no doom its simple rank him up πŸ˜πŸ€—
  • Diablo is a top 3 mystic but Doom is still better if suicides are off

April fools already passed
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    What in the world is this comparison ?
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Well WS seems bench mark for people to decide which champ is better. But isn't the case. Only damage can be showed without worrying about sp3. Hope OP understand this point. Diablo can't be even close to doom when we talk about AW and act 7 stuff. AI, Attack rating, block damage, power gains etc stuff just eliminate most of the mystic champs on first hand.
    Diablo is Awesome. His buff made him better. But no way he can compete with top champs in high end contents.
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Okay, let's first get it clear that damage alone doesn't make a champion better than another.

Let us state stuff about both champions.
    Diablo: Nice Poison damage, sustainability, not bad nullify, stun and armor break immunity.

Dr Doom: Armor break, shatter, shock immunity, highest armor, crit, block penetration and attack rating in the game ( base stats), excellent power control, easy to access buff control option ( stagger from heavies), huge damage from SP2 ( not to forget the incinerates), massive attack boosting furies from SP3, and the resist against the last hit's of opponents special's and heavies.

It's not always just about ending with 100% my friend. And as mentioned earlier, if that was the case, Wolverine should had been the best in the game, right?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Okay, let's first get it clear that damage alone doesn't make a champion better than another.

Let us state stuff about both champions.
    Diablo: Nice Poison damage, sustainability, not bad nullify, stun and armor break immunity.

Dr Doom: Armor break, shatter, shock immunity, highest armor, crit, block penetration and attack rating in the game ( base stats), excellent power control, easy to access buff control option ( stagger from heavies), huge damage from SP2 ( not to forget the incinerates), massive attack boosting furies from SP3, and the resist against the last hit's of opponents special's and heavies.

It's not always just about ending with 100% my friend. And as mentioned earlier, if that was the case, Wolverine should had been the best in the game, right?

Diablo also has 100% poison resistance, access to passives making him useful for the odd tenacity/debuff immune node and access to energy damage. Plus, you are kinda padding out Doom's damage, could have just said that Doom has great damage like you did with Diablo.

But yea, Doom's better than Diablo as of now without suicides and it isn't a contest. And having nice regen doesn't make a champ better.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I am sorry but you are indeed wrong. Kabam designed Doom to be the best champion. He isn't unique like Ghost and Quake, but the devs decided that Doom must be the best at all costs. That's why he has insanely high base stats, has sustain, block pen, immunities, power control, DoT, base damage, resist mastery built-in, passive stun and many many more. He IS the best because he is created with that in mind. No champ will ever hold more sheer stat power than Doom. Because that is the magic part: Doom is best, but not as op that he would require nerfing
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Even at this stage it would be IMPOSSIBLE to say diablo was definetley better than doom, even if he was, because the buffs been live less than a week. Doom has been so valuable and cleared so much content that it would take more than a week for me personally for this buff to overthrow him until we see how diablo is used in newer content. I have been debating taking diablo to r3 but i always give these things a few weeks for the excitement to settle and see the actual practical uses before i pull the trigger
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Doctor Doom is unrivaled in his class just as ghost and quake.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I dig that you like the new buff, objectively Doom is better but this is your game, you play the champs you wanna play.

More power to you!
    Mauled said:

I dig that you like the new buff, objectively Doom is better but this is your game, you play the champs you wanna play.

More power to you!

Just everyone like doom and cant See other nice options. I make that post to Wake everybody up. 8 know that doom is better πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ€ͺ
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Actually, even the old Diablo had comparable damage to Doom for 1 fight. His problem was the stupid persistent charge mechanic. He does not come close to Doom in terms of utility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngH9Ek5HWoA&ab_channel=DorkLessons

This is the video Dork Lessons made comparing those two.
  • NimsKetchumNimsKetchum Posts: 59 β˜…
    Silence is the best response to a fool ;) ...
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I really, really wish he was, lol, but he isn't.

He has great damage, provided the defender can be poisoned, and he has good utility, but not better than Doom's. Even having better survivability is questionable, as there's a lot of stuff that shuts down regen.

I'd say he's better than Doom if you run suicides, but I'd rather have Claire. Diablo is just nice for those of us who have like 5 missing Mystics, which sadly include Doom and Claire.