**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Worst champs of 2021?

LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
I’ve lucked into these 2, are they as big of duds as I’ve heard?

Comments

• magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Overseer no
    Purgatory yes
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

They are very fun to play

If you like banging your head on a wall
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★

Let’s be honest, how many people here forgot jubilee was in the game? 🙋‍♂️

I had… then pulled her as a 6* and before that I pulled a 6* beast (definitely forgot about him)
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Ace2319 said:

Let’s be honest, how many people here forgot jubilee was in the game? 🙋‍♂️

I had… then pulled her as a 6* and before that I pulled a 6* beast (definitely forgot about him)
    Pulled and duped her from 2 consecutive dual crystals
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Had such high hopes for both of them. I have both as 6* duped. Disappointing is the best word I can find that sums it up best.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I would use the word "dud" only for champs who are brutally bad, such as DPX or Miles.

These two are average champions. They have some utility, solid damage and get the job done. Are there better ones? Surely. But if you want to rank these up, you won't throw the resources into the bin.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I agree with @Kerneas. These aren't duds.

Both are useable; and do stuff. Both potentially useful for early/developing rosters; it's just that they don't really bring anything particularly unique to a developed rosters. Also, people thought they were getting a 'playable Maestro', and Morningstar 2.0, which explains a degree of disappointment.

But that's true for a lot of champs. If you like these champs, they're serviceable, and far from a waste of resources. They've also both got really great Animations (kudos to the animation team!), and that alone makes them fun to play with.

I don't know Purgatory well; but trying Overseer out, he's actually got a lot of damage tucked away*, more when he's Awakened; Autoblocks; counters Masochism nodes; can totally shut down Regeneration if you run Despair, has a useful Taunt, and surprisingly good AAR for a Science champ (at 6 Gamma charges, his Disorient reduces Defensive ability accuracy by 80%, plus he can easily reduce Special OAA by 70%; so there go a lot of tricky effects like Juggernauts Unstoppable; Warlocks Power Drain, Doom's Aura of Haazareth, etc).

*but it's little red numbers instead of BIG YELLOW NUMBERS, so doesn't get the same attention. It adds up, though...

I'd give them a try before you give up on them. Maybe you'll like them?
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Ahem…
    wElL tHeY aRe aTlEaSt eXtRa aReNa pOiNtS. But they are pretty bad yes
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Thanks Magrailothros.
    I tested out purgatory today since she is awakened, and her special two in Demonic Rampage is not too bad. Interested to learn more about her soul capture.

• Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    It's almost like everyone already forgot Psycho Man and Super Skrull exist... rightfully so, but they are easily the worst so far.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★

It's almost like everyone already forgot Psycho Man and Super Skrull exist... rightfully so, but they are easily the worst so far.

Pulled 6* psycho man recently. Trying to forget about that now