**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    DrZola said:

Not sure if I’ve adjusted or the game is returning to what was “normal,” but Cav EQ parry and dex was mostly back to what I would expect this morning. AQ still off, and my champs’ health show the signs, and I’ve constrained myself to Epic SQ to avoid item use there. Not even trying AW in offseason.

Thinking I may venture back into Legendary SQ tonight and try my luck. Is that crazy?

Dr. Zola

I'm holding on to my entries for the SQ in blind hope that the problem is resolved in a timely manner.

I'm playing slightly better, I believe it is simply my reflexes adapting, rather than the game changes in any way. If I purposely try maneuvers I could previously do, they still result in getting beat down.
  • Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    Even more, parry issues making cavalier eq more annoying!
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    I've adjusted my timing and things are more or less back to normal for me in all modes after a day. It might help that I am have always played on android. We are used to these things happening monthly. It must be quite a shock to the iOS users!
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Not sure if I’ve adjusted or the game is returning to what was “normal,” but Cav EQ parry and dex was mostly back to what I would expect this morning. AQ still off, and my champs’ health show the signs, and I’ve constrained myself to Epic SQ to avoid item use there. Not even trying AW in offseason.

Thinking I may venture back into Legendary SQ tonight and try my luck. Is that crazy?

Dr. Zola

I'm holding on to my entries for the SQ in blind hope that the problem is resolved in a timely manner.

I'm playing slightly better, I believe it is simply my reflexes adapting, rather than the game changes in any way. If I purposely try maneuvers I could previously do, they still result in getting beat down.
    Competitive modes are still off for me. AQ is a jumble, and I jumped into an off-season AW to test it out and it was even worse. Missed my first three parries and struggled to dex.

Not sure if that’s helpful or not, but if there’s some distinction between the way EQ is handled versus AW/AQ, then I’ve provided a potentially relevant data point.

Dr. Zola
  • Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 181
    This Problem is now known for 2 Days. So Kabam is trying to fix it for about 1,5 Days. Is this not long enough to give us a hint how long this will last to fix? I mean not exact how many hours but an assessment if it will take 2 days or 2 weeks. If it will take two days, it is no Problem to wait and it is even enough time left to do the summer of pain week 4. But if it will take 2 weeks, then Kabam hast to stopp the timer. So an info would be nice.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    Ricosco said:

Ricosco said:

Stop everything in the game till you find the solution: AQ, AW, Arenas and the quests are impossible to play.

They don't make money from shutting the game down and we should all know by now Kashscams obsession with money is unparalleled, even now they're dropping £40/50 deals while the game is in massive disarray, totally unplayable and we're forced to play or lose out on this summers quest, you couldn't make it up man and dropping a weak ass AQ rewards is seemingly enough to keep us moving, I'm sorry but those pots are a splash in the ocean compared to our expenditure so far, no real timescale on fixing it, no explanation as to how something so catastrophic slips past testing, I bet they wish they paid attention to the parry issues we'd been facing and reporting for at least 18m, maybe if they hadn't been so reliant on us edjits continuing through the nonsense and paying to continue something like this wouldn't have happened, BTW yall remember the parry training glitch? Remember how fast that was locked down? Remember the threats to anyone who used it to their benefit? Well kashscam has been running faulty mechanics for years and benefiting at our expense
    How are you not banned by now? Even more, why do you even play this game. You have probably one of the most toxic attitudes I've seen in a while on the forums. I mean you're absolutely wrong about everything you've said so far but you seem to have so much misplaced contempt for Kabam and this game, why are you hanging around and putting yourself through all this. You hate them so much, why play and why come here?
    Because I've spent 6 years playing and building my roster, best part of a grand on this game over the years, so I've to give it up because they can't keep it together, yeah I sound toxic, you'd be toxic being on the receiving end of constant ignorance, bad updates etc.

Tens of thousands of hours into a game that IMO and many many others is a train Wreck and only getting worse, would you give up? Wouldn't you want to fight and have your voice heard about the absolute dire state of the game?

In the past year I have smashed 4 iPhones due to horrendous performance, how are you supposed to cover end game content when you spend 10 minutes chipping away to be frozen for a second and dead immediately after? I posted videos and the longest freeze was 3 seconds, is that normal? No but its persistent, I'll never get my money back or the time spent in game, all I want is the same as everyone else, stability and a working game that I can enjoy playing again, is it too much to ask?

Also the rants are about 2 years worth of ignored tweets all rolled into one, maybe if they dealt with they issues at the time then it wouldn't get so bad.

I've said this a million times also, they need to take longer between updates, 30 days isn't long enough, especially when it's littered with bugs on every single update and takes weeks to become properly stable, each one should be the same length as their 'battle pass', maybe refresh/update the side quests every 4 weeks, and introduce a fortnightly champ.

They just can't continue to work like this as it's breaking the game.

Ps you can't ban someone for speaking the truth, all my statements have video evidence to support 😉
    You keep bringing Tweets up. Tweets aren't an official place to report issues. Never have been, never will be. If you want your "bugs" or "issues" looked at, send a support ticket. Upload the videos to youtube, you don't have to make them public or become a content creator, just upload them and post the link here and leave them unlisted.

No one is going to wait around for 98 days or whatever you think their battle pass is for new content. The very large majority of us play this game because there's new content every month. Even if they updated every 2 months, you'll still have bugs and I am willing to bet, just as many. I really wish people wouldn't comment about bugs when they know nothing of how programming works. Find me a game that doesn't have bugs after every update please. This game is going on it's 7th year anniversary and people like you have said 6.5 of those years "the game can't continue to work like this as its breaking the game". Yet the game is still here. Continuing on as it's always has.

You can absolutely be banned on the forums for the stuff that you post. I'm really surprised you haven't been jailed yet since you've started ranting. You've yet to bring any actual value to any conversation you've commented on.
  • GrabGrab Posts: 72
    any updates? or is this the new normal and we need to adjust playing style?
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Competitive modes are still off for me. AQ is a jumble, and I jumped into an off-season AW to test it out and it was even worse. Missed my first three parries and struggled to dex.

Not sure if that’s helpful or not, but if there’s some distinction between the way EQ is handled versus AW/AQ, then I’ve provided a potentially relevant data point.

Dr. Zola
    In content where the AI is in overdrive mode (faster), issues like this are much more prevalent/noticeable. Many of the ‘lag like’ issues - e.g., the AI firing a special or countering you mid combo - that have been around for longer share that trait. The faster the AI, the less margin for error. Both human (skill based, fine) and otherwise (not fine, you’re no longer in control).

Take a frame rate drop. If you drop one, and the AI needs a three frame window to, say, reparry you (which occasionally happens in war now since, roughly, two months), dropping a single frame won’t matter. If the AI only needs a one frame window though you’re in major league trouble. If the margin is two, and you’re hungover, probably as well. ;-)

I can’t substantiate it, but the game definitely feels like it has been sped up considerably over the last few updates. Incrementally, but significantly. And I wouldn’t be surprised if we hit a roadblock in that regard. As for this issue, it seems more prevalent in harder (faster) content, and also with champs that (seem) to dash quicker. E.g., Sparkles. Again, can’t substantiate.

&bornout (of my alliance as well, because this isn’t a playable game at the moment)

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Pack an extra patriot and a heimdall (or guardian to help with reparrying) and you should be fine
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Pack an extra patriot and a heimdall (or guardian to help with reparrying) and you should be fine
    It’s a fun receipe, but unsure how that would work out in a Summer of Pain fight. ;-)
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I’ve attempted to beat Variant 7.2.1 and currently can’t seem to get any progress due to the dex and parry bugs, if variants aren’t the playable then story content must be much much worse.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    Ricosco said:

Ricosco said:

Ricosco said:

Stop everything in the game till you find the solution: AQ, AW, Arenas and the quests are impossible to play.

They don't make money from shutting the game down and we should all know by now Kashscams obsession with money is unparalleled, even now they're dropping £40/50 deals while the game is in massive disarray, totally unplayable and we're forced to play or lose out on this summers quest, you couldn't make it up man and dropping a weak ass AQ rewards is seemingly enough to keep us moving, I'm sorry but those pots are a splash in the ocean compared to our expenditure so far, no real timescale on fixing it, no explanation as to how something so catastrophic slips past testing, I bet they wish they paid attention to the parry issues we'd been facing and reporting for at least 18m, maybe if they hadn't been so reliant on us edjits continuing through the nonsense and paying to continue something like this wouldn't have happened, BTW yall remember the parry training glitch? Remember how fast that was locked down? Remember the threats to anyone who used it to their benefit? Well kashscam has been running faulty mechanics for years and benefiting at our expense
    How are you not banned by now? Even more, why do you even play this game. You have probably one of the most toxic attitudes I've seen in a while on the forums. I mean you're absolutely wrong about everything you've said so far but you seem to have so much misplaced contempt for Kabam and this game, why are you hanging around and putting yourself through all this. You hate them so much, why play and why come here?
    Because I've spent 6 years playing and building my roster, best part of a grand on this game over the years, so I've to give it up because they can't keep it together, yeah I sound toxic, you'd be toxic being on the receiving end of constant ignorance, bad updates etc.

Tens of thousands of hours into a game that IMO and many many others is a train Wreck and only getting worse, would you give up? Wouldn't you want to fight and have your voice heard about the absolute dire state of the game?

In the past year I have smashed 4 iPhones due to horrendous performance, how are you supposed to cover end game content when you spend 10 minutes chipping away to be frozen for a second and dead immediately after? I posted videos and the longest freeze was 3 seconds, is that normal? No but its persistent, I'll never get my money back or the time spent in game, all I want is the same as everyone else, stability and a working game that I can enjoy playing again, is it too much to ask?

Also the rants are about 2 years worth of ignored tweets all rolled into one, maybe if they dealt with they issues at the time then it wouldn't get so bad.

I've said this a million times also, they need to take longer between updates, 30 days isn't long enough, especially when it's littered with bugs on every single update and takes weeks to become properly stable, each one should be the same length as their 'battle pass', maybe refresh/update the side quests every 4 weeks, and introduce a fortnightly champ.

They just can't continue to work like this as it's breaking the game.

Ps you can't ban someone for speaking the truth, all my statements have video evidence to support 😉
    You keep bringing Tweets up. Tweets aren't an official place to report issues. Never have been, never will be. If you want your "bugs" or "issues" looked at, send a support ticket. Upload the videos to youtube, you don't have to make them public or become a content creator, just upload them and post the link here and leave them unlisted.

No one is going to wait around for 98 days or whatever you think their battle pass is for new content. The very large majority of us play this game because there's new content every month. Even if they updated every 2 months, you'll still have bugs and I am willing to bet, just as many. I really wish people wouldn't comment about bugs when they know nothing of how programming works. Find me a game that doesn't have bugs after every update please. This game is going on it's 7th year anniversary and people like you have said 6.5 of those years "the game can't continue to work like this as its breaking the game". Yet the game is still here. Continuing on as it's always has.

You can absolutely be banned on the forums for the stuff that you post. I'm really surprised you haven't been jailed yet since you've started ranting. You've yet to bring any actual value to any conversation you've commented on.
    , on here you get one poor image, it doesn't work!
    You can upload multiple screenshots. I've uploaded 5 or 7 at a time. Just because you don't know how to do something, doesn't mean it doesn't work.
  • SybrfukSybrfuk Posts: 12
    Yeah I’m not going to waste my time with the SQ.

I’m just going to run Autoplay on Epic EQ until it gets better.
  • darshakiyodarshakiyo Posts: 7
    in map 7 its costing much more. the rewards aren't enough if we item out!
    what is the timeline for the patch?
  • ericolorericolor Posts: 238
    I’ve tried to play even in this terrible situation with a lot of units and revives. I’m really tired about it. This is the worst bug in this game history. When is it fixed? Kabam needs to show us the schedule.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    I don’t suppose this has anything to do with the Parry tutorial that was pulled before? Sorry I haven’t read the whole thread.

As someone that’s fairly rubbish at playing this game, the parry bug is destroying me in arena, AQ and EQ. I decided to steer clear of AW. This is ridiculous.
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Reminds me of the issues of overheating a few years back, lost 3 members from alliance cause of that. Just check line and a handful are talking about calling it quits. I just play for the harder content these days, one bug parry game over. Boring at the moment.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

It’s a fun receipe, but unsure how that would work out in a Summer of Pain fight. ;-)
    Unsure where you got Zola mentioning Legendary SQ that requires patriots to max points to mean a completely different content, but that’s alright. I just used Magneto and had no issues with any parries because I dodge-parried ;-)
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 367 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike one of the nodes in AQ is prove yourself. There is a guy in our ally who is wasting so many items due to the parry bug and striking through block. Not to mention the rest of us running map 7, story and side event. The compensation is inadequate. The length of time for the fix is inadequate. Please address us with an estimated time frame, and we need more AQ large health pots and revives for what is normally quite manageable!
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    Update??????? I mean really no clue on how long this might take to fix?
  • methylcobalaminmethylcobalamin Posts: 22
    3 times a row! Really make me sick, damn!