**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Does new Thor really suck? :(

I'm a HUGE Thor fan. It took me over a year and a half of hardcore playing to get the original Thor and the week I maxed him to 5/50 was literally the very week release 12.0 hit. I was so disgusted that it made me quit the game. I eventually came back but I totally abandoned my previous dedication. I still play but only casually and in very low demand alliances.

But this whole time I've been waiting for the Thor: Ragnarok event. It's kind of what's kept me playing honestly. With all these new amazing abilities being added to champs these days I had high hopes that the new Thor was going to be great or at least serviceable. From his abilities description I was expecting a high damage champ but now I've watched Seatin's eval of him and the reports are that he's not good, that he hits like a wet noodle and that his Wrath is nothing special.

Is this really true? Does Kabam just hate Thor? So now they've not only nerfed the original Thor, they've refused to give him a 5* version and the replacement is another pillowhands Luke Cage? Say it ain't so Joe!

Comments

• ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    yes
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    The results are in, Old Man Thor is a duffer.

He doesn’t even look good, I’m afraid. I’m hoping Hela is more impressive.
  • Antgeo1Antgeo1 Posts: 120
    My Thor Ragnarok is a unduped 4/40. I like his play style and it seems super easy to carry a combo, but he does not hit hard at all.

I will say that he makes Loki MUCH better. Loki dominates Hela in the master quests!

I am also excited about the Hulk synergy. I want to bring my 5/50 back into 5/2 and see if his indestructible makes the Collector an easier fight.

So to sum up, it appears Thor's synergies are of better use then the actual character. IMO
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    I only got a 3* Ragnarok, but you know what, I too am a huge Thor fan and let me just say that I can play characters that I love better than some of the Gods of the game. So do not weigh everything on weather or not a particular champ hits like a truck or has massive utility. If you like them, go for them, practice and who knows?

To answer you question, he is a disappointment. I will need to play with him a lot more, but a Stark Spiderman, he is not!
  • SkimbobborSkimbobbor Posts: 127
    Spider gwen hits harder
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Skimbobbor wrote: »
    Spider gwen hits harder

Spider Gwen always had pretty good damages.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    I'm actually a fan of him. I'm waiting to Dup him, but I like the feel and the Animations.
  • Luke2323Luke2323 Posts: 48
    He needs a high dupe to increase the wrath duration and the Hulk synergy. Then you can constantly cycle through SP3s and do some decent damage.
  • Luke2323Luke2323 Posts: 48
    He can’t be properly tested as a 3* as it doesn’t have the Hulk synergy.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    He's terrible. How are you gonna have blade gawd mode and Thor scrub mode
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I do not have him myself but if is not as good as people expected him to be it makes sense I mean they made him very available immediatly as a 4 star and even as a 5 star for most people with those offers and this month we get a chance at him as a 4 star or guaranteed 3 star so what I am trying to say is this new thor is more of a promotion for the movie which is kinda obvious. In short they would never do this with a really really amazing character.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Well I just watched the movie and I don't want to spoil anything but I gotta say that Thor was unbelievably badass - more badass than we've ever seen him in the films. Now that was the Thor I was hoping for in the new MCOC character. Especially after seeing the way they elevated Spidey in this game in tandem with his movie, I expected the same with Thor. Skill class or not - he's still a god.

I'm still gonna spin for him cause I've got no other real reason to play at this point but it's all so disappointing to hear. I'm hoping he's actually bugged and is not working as intended... But in the end it won't even matter because I'm sure I'll just pull another Groot from my 5* featured crystal LOL.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    The results are in, Old Man Thor is a duffer.

He doesn’t even look good, I’m afraid. I’m hoping Hela is more impressive.

She should be much better. Her unlimited fury looks awesome

He's really not that bad. Just better Awakened. He seems to have higher PI. I haven't Ranked him much yet, but I'd say around Quake. Not every Champ will be OP right off the bat. Some Champs have strengths that need to be worked.
  • BasicChampBasicChamp Posts: 97
    [gash] How dare you say Thor CrapARock suk?
    I think you mean [GASP] ;)
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I feel like he’s just… there! Everything he does is done a thousand times over by chanps that specialize in what he merely practices.

Stun chain
    Immunity proof debuff spamming
    Armor breaking
    Ability accuracy reduction

Gambit, Ronan, Hulk, Black Bolt, Quake, Jane Foster

Phoenix (inequity makes her amazing!), Hyperion, Voodoo (even Sp2 is basically that), Iceman, MORDO!

Thor, Spidergwen, Spider-Man, Symbiote Spider, Iron Fist…
    Angela and Karnak can both get enough precision to basically ignore armor completely… Jane too when Duped!

Elektra (inequity makes her a goddess!), blackwidow still slays science, Voodoo if her gives up Damage a bit, AA against double vulnerable, Blade synergy can expand him to all of Mystic and all villains, Gwenpool!, Iceman can permenantly remove evade, Karnak+Medusa no Evade, DS can insta remove ALL buffs, AV halves all evade

In most instances he’s overshadowed!

Also I’m terms of intercept protection there’s Juggernaut, UC, Medusa and Rhino

Can they do it all in a half baked attampt? No! But look at voodoo: unduped YEAH he can do most of his abilities somewhat okay but when he’s duped ALL his abilities become SULER reliable and THATS why he’s so great! 99% of the god tier ARE GODS because they are reliable! Ragnarok just kinda lacks that reliability that severely limits his utility. It’s why Vision was useless when he was bugged because he only OCCASIONALLY power burned!
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    I feel like he’s just… there! Everything he does is done a thousand times over by chanps that specialize in what he merely practices.

Stun chain
    Immunity proof debuff spamming
    Armor breaking
    Ability accuracy reduction

Gambit, Ronan, Hulk, Black Bolt, Quake, Jane Foster

Phoenix (inequity makes her amazing!), Hyperion, Voodoo (even Sp2 is basically that), Iceman, MORDO!

Thor, Spidergwen, Spider-Man, Symbiote Spider, Iron Fist…
    Angela and Karnak can both get enough precision to basically ignore armor completely… Jane too when Duped!

Elektra (inequity makes her a goddess!), blackwidow still slays science, Voodoo if her gives up Damage a bit, AA against double vulnerable, Blade synergy can expand him to all of Mystic and all villains, Gwenpool!, Iceman can permenantly remove evade, Karnak+Medusa no Evade, DS can insta remove ALL buffs, AV halves all evade

In most instances he’s overshadowed!

Also I’m terms of intercept protection there’s Juggernaut, UC, Medusa and Rhino

Can they do it all in a half baked attampt? No! But look at voodoo: unduped YEAH he can do most of his abilities somewhat okay but when he’s duped ALL his abilities become SULER reliable and THATS why he’s so great! 99% of the god tier ARE GODS because they are reliable! Ragnarok just kinda lacks that reliability that severely limits his utility. It’s why Vision was useless when he was bugged because he only OCCASIONALLY power burned!

So many words and so little meaning.

I've read so many of your posts and I have absolutely no *expletive deleted* idea what you're even talking about. If you want to give solid reviews take some time to edit your posts so that they actually have meaning. Your opinions suck because your explanations suck. Also, you suck.