**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How do you use doom?

JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Honestly if the opponent launch an special he becomes trash. Or am I missing something?
I have read he is beyond God tier, but I don't think he must be at the same place that ghost, BWCV or CAIW, I guess he lacks of utility.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Hold block a lot after
    MLLLH combo
    Then parry heavy
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I think Smalltimeant has given a good explanation.

Basically what he told, and there is this choice for you after 2 SP3's. You keep maintaining the furies and keep cycling the SP3's, or throw a massive SP2 with the 2 furies.

But yeah, the latter finishes most of the fights.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 839 ★★★

Do a m-l-l-l-heavy combo until you get to a L3 but don’t launch it until your opponent is near his L3 or at it also. After you launch it, a couple of things happen. He gains a nasty fury, and the opponent will be stunned. Depending on the level of stupefy you have, you can do one of TWO combos coming out of the L3. m-l-m lllmm or m-m lllmm. As soon as you finish one of the combos, launch your L1 because you should be at one because the opponents power is full. You gain two bars of power and you have another choice to make. Either launch that nasty L2 or build to another L3. Building to another L3 could be tricky but wit practice it’s really easy. To get to another L3, you want to hold block after you previously launched that L1, the opponent should hit into your block and as soon as they do, you reparry the second hit and unleash doom’s main combo which is the mlllh. You should be at another L3 and you just rinse and repeat. You must’ve not been playing him right at all cause he’s one of the best champs in the game. His rotation could seem frustrating at first, but the more you practice the more it becomes second nature.

This is largely correct - however the description of stupefy states that it only increases the length of stun debuffs, and doom’s stun from his sp3 is passive. Of course its possible the description just isn’t clear and stupefy actually increases the duration of all stun effects - but if that’s the case then it should be changed to effects instead of debuffs.

Nonetheless your explanation is excellent.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Do a m-l-l-l-heavy combo until you get to a L3 but don’t launch it until your opponent is near his L3 or at it also. After you launch it, a couple of things happen. He gains a nasty fury, and the opponent will be stunned. Depending on the level of stupefy you have, you can do one of TWO combos coming out of the L3. m-l-m lllmm or m-m lllmm. As soon as you finish one of the combos, launch your L1 because you should be at one because the opponents power is full. You gain two bars of power and you have another choice to make. Either launch that nasty L2 or build to another L3. Building to another L3 could be tricky but wit practice it’s really easy. To get to another L3, you want to hold block after you previously launched that L1, the opponent should hit into your block and as soon as they do, you reparry the second hit and unleash doom’s main combo which is the mlllh. You should be at another L3 and you just rinse and repeat. You must’ve not been playing him right at all cause he’s one of the best champs in the game. His rotation could seem frustrating at first, but the more you practice the more it becomes second nature.

This reply is good enough to explain how to use Dr. Doom, better than those 1000 words long post or 20 mins YT guides. I hope this kind of rotation guide can happen in other champs, especially for those new champs.