**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So kabam expect everyone to do objectives daily for 3 months without missing 1 day?

Comments

• UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    I pretty much exclusively login to do my aq and aw fights on weekdays and play the eq and sq on weekends. If the objectives included aq and aw or if they stacked, it would be much better.
    Having said that there's hardly any t5cc in the rewards so I'm not really bothered about missing out on rewards.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    ElsaMLP said:

summoner appreciation was a daily thing as well... if 5-10min is a lot each day i guess you have better things to worry about rather than the game.

Except that is 5 to 10 mins plus aq plus aw. I see op point as on holidays an extra 5 or 10 adds up or a loved one passes you gonna go hold up this funeral I need just 5 to 10 minutes in game.

Me personally I don't like anyone and have no social life so meh I'll hit them all. This game really is great for introverts like me.
    its not 5-10min plus anything lol if you are running that content it adds to the event? its literally a 2 birds with 1 stone situation there. and also no one is saying not to have a life. the game is not forcing anyone to play the game... you either play it or you dont.... but to not play it and then complain you didnt get the same thing as someone who actually did the time is ridiculous.
    (also some people take smoke breaks or go for a drink, and if you are a real mcu fan youll play mcoc during the service lol thats just me tho)
    Maybe you should read the event. 10 fights in arena, incursions or quest. Aq and aw do not help.
    yea i guess i missed that part due to the fact i was busy running content and not complaining xD ive gotten all my stuff so i guess i dont really care if others are "too busy" with "life"
    Ok then, see you here when you inevitably forget to play for a day and lose out on your 500 units. Or are you really a sheep to this game.
    Wow, so someone who enjoys the game enough to play it consistently is a sheep. You who complain about missing out on 500 units which are worth nothing in real life is woke? Gotcha. :D

Sheep are easily identified.
    Login for THIS. Sure
    Login and do this for THIS. Sure
    Login and do this while doing this for THIS. Sure
    Login and do this while doing this for this and pay $5 for THIS. Sure.

If you aren’t pushing back. If you’re actively rationalizing the minor increases. You’re already hook line and sinker lol.

Pushing back against what exactly? It's a game with the same rules for everyone. If you login, complete the objective and claim it, you get points. There is no inequality here. The fact that some people have busier lives makes no difference to others. Missing out on 500 units is not going to make me poor or starve me the next day. If I like the event, I play it, else I don't. What I don't do is complain that I have real life problems in a game forum.
    _Sham_ said:

BlorpIt said:

5-10 minutes is all it takes lol

If you can’t spare 5-10 minutes then you shouldn’t be wasting your time complaining about the game here

My point is not 10 fights, that's nothing , anyone can do it in 10 minutes.

But expecting everyone to do these non stop every day for 98 days, without even a margin of 1 day. That is crazy.

It's not about time. It's the engagement for 98 straight days. You can be Sick or traveling or no internet etc.. 98 days is a long period you can't just ask everyone to do it without any break or grace period.

Best reward is the last one, and even if you do goals for 97 days straight you will still miss it for just 1 day missed. That's horrible way to design an event.

We are human beings not Robots
    I am not even sure the best reward is the last one, but that depends on the individual. I can grind that amount in 3 days of arena and 5 star AG is pretty much useless for me. That being said, this event rewards consistency. The most consistent people receive the best rewards. I say this knowing fully well that I may miss 1 day or 2 in the future and miss out on the last milestone. I try to play the game as it is designed and not try to change it around my schedule or roster. People who are complaining about the lack of grace days are those who are taking the game more serious. If I miss out on 1 or 2 days, so be it. The last day reward is not even a roster changing one. Its a random AG and 500 units. Not sure why people are so wound up about this.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    ElsaMLP said:

summoner appreciation was a daily thing as well... if 5-10min is a lot each day i guess you have better things to worry about rather than the game.

Except that is 5 to 10 mins plus aq plus aw. I see op point as on holidays an extra 5 or 10 adds up or a loved one passes you gonna go hold up this funeral I need just 5 to 10 minutes in game.

Me personally I don't like anyone and have no social life so meh I'll hit them all. This game really is great for introverts like me.
    its not 5-10min plus anything lol if you are running that content it adds to the event? its literally a 2 birds with 1 stone situation there. and also no one is saying not to have a life. the game is not forcing anyone to play the game... you either play it or you dont.... but to not play it and then complain you didnt get the same thing as someone who actually did the time is ridiculous.
    (also some people take smoke breaks or go for a drink, and if you are a real mcu fan youll play mcoc during the service lol thats just me tho)
    Maybe you should read the event. 10 fights in arena, incursions or quest. Aq and aw do not help.
    yea i guess i missed that part due to the fact i was busy running content and not complaining xD ive gotten all my stuff so i guess i dont really care if others are "too busy" with "life"
    Ok then, see you here when you inevitably forget to play for a day and lose out on your 500 units. Or are you really a sheep to this game.
    everyone has their own hobbies bud, some people watch sports some people collect cards, and other enjoy marvel based products. good try with the shaming but i dont really care if i miss a day or 2 those prizes are lame anyways
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    edited July 2021
    This might be answered somewhere already (apologies if it is) … do the daily ‘Summer Event’ objectives stack? Or if you miss completing it on the same day is that the last milestone gone?

It’s free stuff so not gonna complain, but agree that some grace days would’ve been nice. If the objectives stack (eg. up to 3 like the daily ones) that’d at least give some room for error.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    This would be fine if there were the said grace days. It isn't bad to require 10 fights if you count with people sitting home whole summer. I am sure this is the case for many, but if you decide for a vacation during summer, you are gonna miss it all.
    Ercarret said:

Do people seriously not understand how life works and how you might not be available every day for 3 consecutive months? It's not about having 10 minutes to spare each day, it's about things happening that make you forget about the game. If I'm bedridden due to sickness, my mind will probably not be on grinding out the daily objectives. If my child is bedridden due to sickness, you better believe they take precedent over a game every minute of the day. If my grandma dies, I'm not going to pick up the game and beat a few Act 1 goons at her funeral.

I mean, come on, people. Most people have lives.* You can either design something that takes that into account, or you can design it for people without lives. Giving a 3-month-long event a couple of grace days is not much to ask, especially if the previous and much-beloved event did have just that. Heck, every monthly calendar has a couple of grace days.

And not being able to pick up objectives that you've earned because a new day rolls around, if true, is just BS.

* I don't, but I sympathize with those who do.

I am honestly surprised at the entitlement from some of these posts. Everyone has lives. Unexpected things happen. Why do you expect the game to be designed around that? If life takes precedence over the game, as it should, why do you care about the rewards? If you fall sick for a month, do you expect the game to give you 1 month grace time? Monthly calendars used to have grace time, not anymore. When will people realize that we need to work with what we get and not expect everything to be tailored to our needs. smh.

Pulyaman said:

Ercarret said:

Do people seriously not understand how life works and how you might not be available every day for 3 consecutive months? It's not about having 10 minutes to spare each day, it's about things happening that make you forget about the game. If I'm bedridden due to sickness, my mind will probably not be on grinding out the daily objectives. If my child is bedridden due to sickness, you better believe they take precedent over a game every minute of the day. If my grandma dies, I'm not going to pick up the game and beat a few Act 1 goons at her funeral.

I mean, come on, people. Most people have lives.* You can either design something that takes that into account, or you can design it for people without lives. Giving a 3-month-long event a couple of grace days is not much to ask, especially if the previous and much-beloved event did have just that. Heck, every monthly calendar has a couple of grace days.

And not being able to pick up objectives that you've earned because a new day rolls around, if true, is just BS.

I am honestly surprised at the entitlement from some of these posts. Everyone has lives. Unexpected things happen. Why do you expect the game to be designed around that? If life takes precedence over the game, as it should, why do you care about the rewards? If you fall sick for a month, do you expect the game to give you 1 month grace time? Monthly calendars used to have grace time, not anymore. When will people realize that we need to work with what we get and not expect everything to be tailored to our needs. smh.
    Monthly calendars still do have grace periods. That's why there is an insignificant amount of shards at the end of the calendar.
    That actually used to be empty. Those "insignificant" 5 star shards used to mean something for me some time back and I tried to login to get those as well. So, they are not exactly grace days.
    Zan0 said:

Pulyaman said:

Ercarret said:

This is such a bad post. 🐑
    Ah, yes. The sheep comment. :D
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Ercarret said:

Monthly calendars still do have grace periods. That's why there is an insignificant amount of shards at the end of the calendar.
    That actually used to be empty. Those "insignificant" 5 star shards used to mean something for me some time back and I tried to login to get those as well. So, they are not exactly grace days.
    Why exactly has this been disagreed? :D . It's true. We used to have only 28 days of stuff in the login calendar and 3 days of empty slots.
    ElsaMLP said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Ercarret said:

Yeah, and those empty days are grace periods. They just added some shards there, but they are still grace periods.

How are we entitled? Entitled would mean we are still complaining about not having a calendar instead of an event. What we are asking for is simply grace periods. It isn’t much to ask for since this is the first event without a grace period. Rifts and keys quests are stackable, and side quests have grace periods.
    Those are grace periods for someone getting lots of 6 star or 5 star shards depending on your progression. We used to get nothing and now, we get something.
    You need to login everyday to get that pass and use it in the side quests. If you miss 1 day, you miss the pass for that day, especially this month because the 7th day has something special as per the announcement.
    I call that entitlement because you expect the game to be designed around your life. Kabam decided to make the grace days a paid feature. People who don't want to pay, need to complete the objective or lose the rewards. People who say they have lives need to pay for those grace days. That is how this event is designed. I would love to have those grace days too, but I am not going to come here and complain if I miss a day. It's a game at the end of the day.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    I just run it in a quick auto fight in the morning when I wake up. I can get ready while the game does the fights for me
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

It's done to encourage people to but their resort pass ig. Meh.

Orrrrrr it's done to keep people that have 40 Smurf accounts from just logging in everyday to get a big boost for gifting at the end of the year from the calendar. It's also why I'm sure a lot of people are upset it's not a calendar anyway
    noone runs 40 accounts right? i mean that is crazy 🤔
    It wouldn't surprise me at this point. If that was the gifting calendar it would essentially be 40k+ units worth of ggcs/items just from logging in on each account everyday just those 3 months. That's exactly the sort of things gamers and a lot of mcoc players love to take massive advantage of.