**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So kabam expect everyone to do objectives daily for 3 months without missing 1 day?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

I STILL don’t feel appreciated by this event

Well it's not a Summoner Appreciation event.
    Well then why did it replace it? Are we not appreciated anymore?
    You need an event to feel appreciated? Is having a game this complex remaining free to play a free of ads not enough? Is having new content every month not enough? Is having at least 2 calendars with free stuff not enough?

The S.A event wasn't something that was ever a guarantee. They still might do it at some point but this isn't it.
    I didn’t ask for them to make a SA calendar but they did to make us feel appreciated and now they removed it. Therefore I don’t feel appreciated
    Do you need to be appreciated? Is it something that you need to feel? I didn't know that it's a basic human requirement to be appreciated.
    It’s not like I’m asking them to add appreciation it’s just them removing an appreciation event for an event you have to pay money for, I thought it was a nice thing that they did for the players that didn’t need to change
    Can you show me where you're required to pay for this event?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Missing out on 500 units for failing to log in a single day is a bit harsh. 500 units might not be much for a whale but only a free to play player knows how much grinding it requires to get just that amount. You could complete two Variants with 500 units, you could complete a Act 7 chapter with 500 units. Just wanna know how would someone who is belittling others here for not being able to login 98 days straight would feel if they themselves failed to do so due to some unforeseen circumstance?

500 units is less than completing all milestones in the Summoner Trials, 6* Basic, and 6* Featured arena. Something that F2P plays can do in 3 days.
  • Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    I just liked the idea of a summoner appreciation and I don’t think they should’ve replaced it with yet another subscription/ pass which intends to make money which replaced a nice thing Kabam did for the players. It’s not about the rewards it’s about the attitude that KABAM have to remove appreciation for the players and replace it with a subscription/ pass

I just liked the idea of a summoner appreciation and I don’t think they should’ve replaced it with yet another subscription/ pass which intends to make money which replaced a nice thing Kabam did for the players. It’s not about the rewards it’s about the attitude that KABAM have to remove appreciation for the players and replace it with a subscription/ pass

I don't know how many times people need to say this but this is just an event. The S.A event has been in August more often than it has been in July.

We've only had 2 times where it was a 90 calendar. Everytime before that, it was a 7 day event.

Stop thinking they are replacing something.
  • Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★

I don't know how many times people need to say this but this is just an event. The S.A event has been in August more often than it has been in July.

We've only had 2 times where it was a 90 calendar. Everytime before that, it was a 7 day event.

I made a thread asking this question and everyone that answered said that it did replace it unless you want me to fly to Kabam HQ and ask them myself that’s the best I can get.
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★

summoner appreciation was a daily thing as well... if 5-10min is a lot each day i guess you have better things to worry about rather than the game.

Summoner Appreciation was a daily thing with Grace days, And For Calnder you just have to open the game and close it. Unlike the 10 fights which have to be done everyday.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    You can autofight the beginning one of the road to the labaryth and get it done.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236

summoner appreciation was a daily thing as well... if 5-10min is a lot each day i guess you have better things to worry about rather than the game.

Except that is 5 to 10 mins plus aq plus aw. I see op point as on holidays an extra 5 or 10 adds up or a loved one passes you gonna go hold up this funeral I need just 5 to 10 minutes in game.

Me personally I don't like anyone and have no social life so meh I'll hit them all. This game really is great for introverts like me.
    If a loved one passes, miss the objective because of the funeral, and u worry about the game.. u got your priorities wayyyy wrong...
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    U guys do realize that is 10 fights...
    If you play the game to the point of worrying about rewards... U pretty much do 10 fights a day between EQ, Arena, Side EQ, Proving Grounds, Story Mode.
    Now the grace period i do understand; but then again lets complain about missing a calendar date, the 4hrs free crystals, the daily crystas and the 22 hr solo event... Yeah its Ridiculous uh?

I made a thread asking this question and everyone that answered said that it did replace it unless you want me to fly to Kabam HQ and ask them myself that’s the best I can get.
    All those people that said they did replace it, they work for Kabam? They have proof from a Kabam spokesperson that confirms it replaced any form of a S.A event?

Didn't think so.
    IKON said:

They ARE replacing something, the rewards are 99% the same as last years SA calendar. Just because they change the name of the event doesn't mean you have to wipe your memory clean of previous events.

The bottom line is this event serves as a replacement of the calendar, and has introduced monetization and removed grace days. Kabam has every right to do that if they so choose, and players have every right to not be happy about it.
    They may have replaced a 90 day calendar, but doesn't mean it's replaced the S.A event. Since that event has taken many forms over the last 6 years, it's still possible we get something else in the more traditional month of August.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I'm not sure whether I've missed one or not, by mistake or not understanding how it worked in the very beginning... and even that causes anxiety. Other than that, I play the game daily and always do 10 fights or more naturally. But, how do we know whether we've missed one or not?

As the OP mentioned, stuff happens. I just happen to injure my left index finger at work enough to require stitches and a splint the day it went live. There was a delay in my logging in. I'm not sure whether the delay was long enough to miss one though.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    It does look like this event is replacing the summoner appreciation calendar. But until kabam say “this is all you are getting, there is no appreciation event” I will keep holding out hope, so I think Demonzfyre has a point. We haven’t had the gold boost or other stuff like that.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Missing out on 500 units for failing to log in a single day is a bit harsh. 500 units might not be much for a whale but only a free to play player knows how much grinding it requires to get just that amount. You could complete two Variants with 500 units, you could complete a Act 7 chapter with 500 units. Just wanna know how would someone who is belittling others here for not being able to login 98 days straight would feel if they themselves failed to do so due to some unforeseen circumstance?

I would be fine if I miss out one day or even more. The units are something that can be grinded over a weeks time in arena and I don't even do the summoner trials arena. I am completely FTP btw.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

If you can't find the time to run one side quest and one story or event route to do 10 fights in a 24 hour period, why the hell are you even playing the game? or even four arena series.

Oh I'm sorry so if I get sick or need to visit a family member for an emergency in like 2 months the answer should be "sorry, got to do this solo objective instead"?

If that's how you treat the game... I don't even want to know
    Yep that's the biggest issue for me... getting sick or an emergency happening. If I'm sick MCOC is the last thing I'm thinking about
    IKON said:

IKON said:

They ARE replacing something, the rewards are 99% the same as last years SA calendar. Just because they change the name of the event doesn't mean you have to wipe your memory clean of previous events.

The bottom line is this event serves as a replacement of the calendar, and has introduced monetization and removed grace days. Kabam has every right to do that if they so choose, and players have every right to not be happy about it.
    They may have replaced a 90 day calendar, but doesn't mean it's replaced the S.A event. Since that event has taken many forms over the last 6 years, it's still possible we get something else in the more traditional month of August.
    Well, sure, but why does the name matter? It doesn't change how people are going to feel about added monetization and removal of grace days.
    The way I look at this event is that it's just like any other event. The SoP is timed. There aren't any grace days for that event. The SEQ and MEQ are timed and no grace period. How's this new event different than any of those?

As far as the pass goes, it's a paid offer that gives you more. How's it different than the questing booster at the end of Cav or UC? Or any other paid offer designed to help you?
  • Mattylo22Mattylo22 Posts: 6
    My issue is that I didn't claim the objective in time. Now I'm one off of the max points. That detail seems like something they should have emphasized if it would prevent someone from being able to get to the final, and most important reward.

IKON said:

IKON said:

Well, sure, but why does the name matter? It doesn't change how people are going to feel about added monetization and removal of grace days.
    The way I look at this event is that it's just like any other event. The SoP is timed. There aren't any grace days for that event. The SEQ and MEQ are timed and no grace period. How's this new event different than any of those?

As far as the pass goes, it's a paid offer that gives you more. How's it different than the questing booster at the end of Cav or UC? Or any other paid offer designed to help you?
    You are free to do MEQ in one sitting and same with SEQ in recent times. Meanwhile this requires you to login, do 10 fight everyday continuously over a really long extended period.
    That's besides the point. They both have restrictions. We see it monthly on here where people can't finish monthly quests all the time.

Both things are the same in that they are a timed objective.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

IKON said:

IKON said:

This was essentially the point I have been making for the last 3 hrs :D . People are reacting as if this is the first time this is done. Only difference between monthly seq and this event is the time. Even this month's side event requires you to login everyday. If you miss 1 day, the calendar resets and does not actually continue.
    Pulyaman said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

This was essentially the point I have been making for the last 3 hrs :D . People are reacting as if this is the first time this is done. Only difference between monthly seq and this event is the time. Even this month's side event requires you to login everyday. If you miss 1 day, the calendar resets and does not actually continue.
    We all know logic has no place on these forums.