**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Due to parry issues in the game currently, there's some fights in eq that requires perfect parries to get thru the fights but misparries causing the deaths that results in more units / revives usage !
    With such issues exploring cavalier eq becomes more annoying as if nodes are not enough !!
    Can't even get through simple fights without taking so much 5 hit combo damage from ai due parry failure ..
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,133 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Hey Kabam as we all know this parry bug is a real pain in the butt and we all appreciate you ending the war season and giving everyone the season rewards with their given tier, but I personally want to ask for a bit more.

With AQ and with the the EQ in CAV difficulty, i have been having to use so many revives and health potions to the point that I had to sort to baiting specials and intercepting. The amount of revives and health potions I have lost is really a bummer. I hoarded a lot of it up for war and to have in general. All I am asking for is health and revive potions for normal gameplay and alliance modes. I even had to stop doing the side event quest because of it and hoard the keys up. This is all I ask for, thank you for your patience.

They gave 10 tier 5 health potions , 5 team revives and more
  • thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 151 β˜…
    While the bug with Parry is vastly more vital to fix, I did want to point out something else that's affecting all gameplay as of this latest July 2021 update: it seems that Kabam has shifted the gamma of the graphics in-game, to the point where highlights get completely blown-out and become pure white. There are some characters who naturally emit bright lights during their attacks or when defending, and some of the arenas also have taken this on. Again, it's not as big of a problem as some more pressing matters, but having been a photographer for many years (and having studied photography at college) makes this graphics issue hard to ignore.

Basically, it's as though Kabam adjusted the gamma of the graphics to the point where what used to be bright areas have become too bright, and in many cases, 100% white. Hopefully this can be corrected in a future version of the game.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    zbot34 said:

A entire week of AQ with the Dexterity and Parry mechanic not working with only a gleaming chance of a theory as to why. Before the update on July 7th 2021 both of these mechanics worked fine or at least as fine as one could hope for. Kabam cancels AW season 27 because of this but couldn't do anything for AQ stating that AQ already started and stopping it would have caused more issues then before yet it surely could have and rightfully so been cancelled. All Kabam would need to do is give out what reach alliance earned from the week before whole Fixing this issue during both a cancelled AW season and AQ week. But no! You as a company decide not to do what's best for your Customers! You do what's best for your own pocketbooks. If everyone who is part of these forums, reddit, Facebook and any other social media platform went to your alliance mates and told them not to spend another Penny or Nickle on this game until these bugs got fixed this would have been corrected days ago.

Customers forget in this type of situation of video games, movies, any purchased goods , you hold the Power to create change! You create the demand for supply but if your demands which equal money being spent with not holding the company accountable who supplies your demands with making sure everything is running smoothly then why would that company go above and beyond to create fixes for any problems within a timely manner. Stop spending money and stop demanding in game compensation. Instead stand with each other as players and not spend money but Continue making your voices be heard to this company to fix these problems!

6 years ago this game was super fun and super simple to navigate and play but as players got better content shifted to match the skill of players but with it came the shift on the game that if you didn't have a God Tier champ you can't win or succeed. So thus money whales were created and the more money spoke to the company the more middle tier and below players concerns, game bug issues and such became less important to this company!

Customers deserve communication from both game developers and moderators in timely fashion. Not once a week not every 3 days but I feel in this type of situation that is ruining the game it should be twice or 3 times daily!

Another uneducated armchair developer who thinks they know better than actual developers.
    Stellar said:

Another uneducated armchair developer who thinks they know better than actual developers.

don't know if he has been well educated or not but one thing is sure, too many updates are going live without extensive testing about the consequences those updates affect the game.

And yes, Customers deserve a better communication and a better quality check of the updates.
    So you want them to come here on the forums 3 or 4 times and tell you they don't have an update? Is that what you "customers" want? Lol, customers lol.

Y'all can't be serious with this stuff right? None of this is from lack of testing.
    Stellar said:

Stellar said:

don't know if he has been well educated or not but one thing is sure, too many updates are going live without extensive testing about the consequences those updates affect the game.

And yes, Customers deserve a better communication and a better quality check of the updates.
    So you want them to come here on the forums 3 or 4 times and tell you they don't have an update? Is that what you "customers" want? Lol, customers lol.

Y'all can't be serious with this stuff right? None of this is from lack of testing.
    Sure, this can't be a lack of testing.... who could think that by testing your product you could point out some bugs before the release of the update ? Testing before releasing ? what an absurd thought....

Communicating with our customers when there is a problem ? communicating with them regularly to appease the situation and show them we are taking their problem at heart ? nah, better to communicate only when the customers are really angry on forums...
    So you have proof this update wasn't tested? And don't say the existence of the bug means no testing was done.

They have communicated about it. Several times. If there's no update, there's nothing to say. Again, y'all being super ridiculous. Just because you consider yourself a "customer" doesn't give you special privileges.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Stellar said:

Stellar said:

Sure, this can't be a lack of testing.... who could think that by testing your product you could point out some bugs before the release of the update ? Testing before releasing ? what an absurd thought....

Communicating with our customers when there is a problem ? communicating with them regularly to appease the situation and show them we are taking their problem at heart ? nah, better to communicate only when the customers are really angry on forums...
    So you have proof this update wasn't tested? And don't say the existence of the bug means no testing was done.

They have communicated about it. Several times. If there's no update, there's nothing to say. Again, y'all being super ridiculous. Just because you consider yourself a "customer" doesn't give you special privileges.
    The existence of the bugs....ah yes you don't want me to say it !

I do not consider myself a customer, i am a customer, like any other player who regularly pay for this game, and as such, we deserve some regular communication even if they have nothing new to say apart, that they are still investigating. that's commonly use in commercial society and known as "taking care of your customers".

That is not a special privilege, it is what any commercial entities do in such situation. we do have customer where i work and when there is a problem we regularly communicate with them, scheduling our next communication so customers know that in 4 or 6 or 8 hours they will have an update of the situation.

That help calm down the situation, show customers we are taking their problem at heart and share with them our advancement in our investigation of the problem. that is called COMMUNICATION or DIPLOMACY
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2021
    Stellar said:

Stellar said:

As kabam mentioned before about bugs that some bugs occur when the update goes to the live servers but might not happen on the test servers since what do u think they do for the month if they didnt test for bugs the test server be only very short but since lasts every month yes they do testing just because u dont know that they do testing doesnt mean they dont since other team members that work for kabam look for things that might not be happening and get it fixed and corrected before the live servers update
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Just finished 4 Map 5 AQ fights and they felt normal again. Dex and parry were working as they were before the bug.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Xguard77 said:

Just finished 4 Map 5 AQ fights and they felt normal again. Dex and parry were working as they were before the bug.

Thx, i will test on AQ7 and pray it is working again
    edited July 2021
    Swen said:

In all my time reading the forums you have never helped anyone in anyway, I wouldn’t expect you to be able to start to now.

Something this dramatic can’t make it through a sound quality testing process. Since it is in game there is no conclusive other than quality testing failed. This is not disputable

Sure it is. What's your expertise in game development, engineering and programming?

Better yet, what's your knowledge and expertise on Kabams, development program? What engine are they currently using for their game? What testing checks do they currently have in place where you can prove this should have been caught?
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Will we get any update soon ?
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Megavok said:

Will we get any update soon ?

Probably Monday.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It seems to be an iphone issue because as a android user my parry works just fine since the update.
  • Asim38Asim38 Posts: 135 β˜…

It seems to be an iphone issue because as a android user my parry works just fine since the update.

Predominantly, that’s possible. But I’m pretty sure I’ve read of some Android users also having the same issue.

It might be worth noting any other issues related to gameplay we are noticing since the update in case the other issues help in the breakthrough. The ones I’ve noticed:

1. Defenders exiting out of stuns sooner or before the timer expires. Normally I can parry and safely get 3 hits in on any evade champ. They sometimes evade after 2.
    2. The hits occurring before making contact. I think this is related as parry is on contact but if the hit occurs before contact then there is no parry.
    3. Parrying while dexing. Similar to (2) above, this could be related as well since a proper dex should not trigger parry so this would imply that the hit occurs prior to contact being made. Otherwise dex should have been successful.